Author Topic: Add Value To Collection:  (Read 1422 times)

Add Value To Collection:
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:47:42 pm »
You know how when you add an item, it asks if you own the case, the cartridge/disc, and the manual? VGcollect should estimate the value of your collection. It should add up the prices of approximately what each game is worth, depending on if you have the box/manual or not.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Add Value To Collection:
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:01:55 pm »
You know how when you add an item, it asks if you own the case, the cartridge/disc, and the manual? VGcollect should estimate the value of your collection. It should add up the prices of approximately what each game is worth, depending on if you have the box/manual or not.

Really?!   :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 04:17:13 pm »

This is unfortunately not an easy task. We are currently partnered with PriceCharting.com and display prices on item pages when they are available. Unfortunately we can only match data up with about 3000 or so of our items. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to improve this functionality.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 04:37:19 pm »
Price-charting only covers NA releases. Foreign products are not tracked.

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »
Gamespot does it.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 01:40:39 am »
Gamespot does it.

Well, yeah, but Gamespot also has access to a multitude of ad networks across various countries to track that stuff with.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 03:22:35 am »
Gamespot does it.

I haven't used the GameSpot system in years. But when I did, I remember it was a flat $20 of value for each game added. Not exactly precise. I don't know if that's changed since then, though.

dreama1

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 03:46:31 am »
Gamespot does it.

I haven't used the GameSpot system in years. But when I did, I remember it was a flat $20 of value for each game added. Not exactly precise. I don't know if that's changed since then, though.
They must get there value from gamestop or something. 1 dollar for suikoden 2 - accurate.

90snostalga

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 04:32:39 am »
I don't know.  Just in my personal opinion, the dollar value to my collection isnt really important.  But maybe being a gamer first is why.   That's just my view.

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 02:36:25 pm »
Since i'm a non-USA resident (living in Holland), converting Euro's to Dollars isn't my forte. Isn't it possible to add EURO as a currency to add to the value of bought items, when you are adding an item to your collection

Upcoming Pre-orders:

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 02:50:27 pm »
I remember the old listing in IGN having the same feature, too...  Though I don't think the pricing was very accurate, it was just fun data tidbits people could check.  Data also tracked what supposedly is my favorite publisher or developer is based on the information in my collection.   ::)

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 03:46:23 pm »

Data also tracked my favorite publishers or developers based on the information in my collection.   ::)

We had this *HERE* before, too!

When looking at your individual "Pie-Chart" Graphs ==> there were entries for those categories  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 09:18:33 pm »
Just in my personal opinion, the dollar value to my collection isnt really important.

I dont find the value of my collection to be an important aspect either. Pair that with the fact that every day the value of games goes up and goes down and its simply too much of a burden to care about.