Author Topic: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 33097 times)

Re: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:25 pm »
^ Man, I still need to get the first Super Mario Galaxy.
And I still need to get the second one ha.  Highly recommend the first one though.  One of my favorite 3D Mairo games.

I was disappointed by both of the Galaxy games basically reverting to old traditional Mario ways that should've been left to the handheld titles, but I've been meaning to give them another play sometime.  I have the first one, but not Galaxy 2.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2014, 02:56:14 am »
Picked up a Genesis model 2 to replace my model 1 with a bad controller 1 port. It was supposed to be a model 1 but they shipped me the wrong one. The problem was all my power/video cables were for the model 1.

I can't complain too much because the seller refunded my money and told me to keep the console.

Also picked up:
Zoda's Revenge for NES.
A 50 pack of tabbed 2016 batteries for my game boy carts.
Duck Tales 2

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2014, 02:58:36 am »
And I still need to get the second one ha.  Highly recommend the first one though.  One of my favorite 3D Mairo games.

I was disappointed by both of the Galaxy games basically reverting to old traditional Mario ways that should've been left to the handheld titles, but I've been meaning to give them another play sometime.  I have the first one, but not Galaxy 2.

I really liked Mario Galaxy. Haven't played 2 but I beat 1.

I liked that it was a throw back in a lot of ways.

New Super Mario Bros for the DS is also a great throwback but way too short.

argyle

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2014, 09:34:55 am »

I agree completely.  Tho I think you were also the one that agreed with me about hating the Mario formula that started with 64 where you have to keep revisiting the same world, so I guess that makes sense.  I also need the 2nd one for collection purposes but I don't want to pay very much at all for it. 

I got Conception II yesterday.  I guess more accurately I got Conception II in the mail from Best Buy on Weds, crushed because they shipped it in an envelope, so I returned it yesterday and bought a mint copy at Gamestop.  Po-ta-to, Po-tah-to.  ;) 

I popped in some of the recent PS2 games I picked up about a week ago just to test them out, and found myself getting pulled into Juno right away.  Gave off a really big Onimusha vibe, but with more of a horror slant obviously.  Has anyone here played it?  Just wondering if it's actually pretty good or if it goes downhill.  Also curious to know about how long it is.  :)

EDIT:  Juno?   ???  What is wrong with me!  :P  That should say Kuon
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:36:42 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2014, 10:16:14 am »
Also picked up:
Zoda's Revenge for NES.
Duck Tales 2

I like how you subtly dropped in the Duck Tales 2 cart in your pickups, after a 50 pack of batteries  ;)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »
Also picked up:
Zoda's Revenge for NES.
Duck Tales 2

I like how you subtly dropped in the Duck Tales 2 cart in your pickups, after a 50 pack of batteries  ;)

Yeah, being careful not to brag as that's not my style. I have to thank UrbanChaos for parting with his copy. :-) It's been on my wish list for a while.

Bought it to play and keep, not to collect per-se. It just happens to be a more expensive game than most. In fact I think it's the most I'm willing to pay for any game no matter how good.

It's funny in that last month I picked up:

Guerilla War NES
Mario Land Game Boy
Metriod II Game Boy
Dr. Mario NES
Double Dragon II
SMS Constroller
Double Dragon SMS
Zelda Oracle of Seasons GBC
Snes Advantage
Genesis Arcade Stick
Donkey Kong Jr. (Coleco vision)

All together for only $30 more than what I paid for Duck Tales 2.

I love the local shop here. The more you buy the better the discount. :-)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:37:21 pm by dashv »

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:03 pm »
I agree completely.  Tho I think you were also the one that agreed with me about hating the Mario formula that started with 64 where you have to keep revisiting the same world, so I guess that makes sense.  I also need the 2nd one for collection purposes but I don't want to pay very much at all for it.

I love the Mario 64 formula lol I want 3D Mario games to go back to that.  The reason I don't like Mario games as much Post-Sunshine is because they basically dropped most of that stuff, with Super Mario Galaxy 2 dropping the hub world entirely.  I don't want the linear Super Mario 3 lines to follow with small individual levels, I want big open worlds to explore like in Mario 64.  The Mario games, 2D or 3D are basically interchangeable now with how little the differences are with them.  The next Mario game I just want it to be a massive version of Mario 64 lol

argyle

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2014, 04:37:09 pm »

I love the Mario 64 formula lol I want 3D Mario games to go back to that.  The reason I don't like Mario games as much Post-Sunshine is because they basically dropped most of that stuff, with Super Mario Galaxy 2 dropping the hub world entirely.  I don't want the linear Super Mario 3 lines to follow with small individual levels, I want big open worlds to explore like in Mario 64.  The Mario games, 2D or 3D are basically interchangeable now with how little the differences are with them.  The next Mario game I just want it to be a massive version of Mario 64 lol

Oooops, sorry, confused you with someone else it seems.  ;)  Yeah, I don't mind open explorable levels at all - I just hate having to keep going back into the same level over & over for different "goals" - just let me do everything at once or something.  Always was a very distracting system imo. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »
Bomberman GB
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition

All for $6... at Goodwill

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2014, 06:53:35 pm »
Oooops, sorry, confused you with someone else it seems.  ;)  Yeah, I don't mind open explorable levels at all - I just hate having to keep going back into the same level over & over for different "goals" - just let me do everything at once or something.  Always was a very distracting system imo.

I could see it as a limitation of the old consoles, but I want them to have those big cool standalone levels, but you just explore them how you want to get the stars and stay for however long you can till you need maybe to unlock some item to advance further.  That's just some of my favorite platforming and it was the best on N64.  It's why my favorite games are Super Mario 64 and the Rareware platformers lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »

I totally agree with you That annoyed the hell out of me with Super Mario 64. Why do I have to keep playing the same level over and over again if I've already beaten it?

90snostalga

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2014, 07:50:34 am »
Bomberman GB
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition

All for $6... at Goodwill

Oh I see what you mean Turf.  Congrats to you on the finds at Good Devil Easter Sales. 

blipcs76

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »
Came across a bunch of Intellivision stuff this weekend for a pretty good price, considering there's some harder to find titles in there.  Here's what I picked up:

- Intellivision system (boxed, in decent condition)
- White Water
- He-Man
- Kool Aid Man
- Zaxxon
- Mission X
- Motocross
- Atlantis
- Beauty and the Beast
- BurgerTime
- NASL Soccer
- Tron Maze-A-Thon (CIB)
- Space Spartan (CIB - Intellivoice game)

Only a couple of the Intellivoice titles left to find now.  Tron Solar Sailer should be doable, but the Baseball game is not gonna happen unless I luck across it.  It's currently over $100. :(

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2014, 06:56:45 pm »
    NES
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • Mach Rider

SNES
    • U.N. Squadron

Genesis
    • Beyond Oasis

PS3
    • Deception IV Blood Ties
    And a sweet Symphony of the Night Shirt

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2014, 07:02:50 pm »
    I found this really cool video game book at Goodwill today. "Video Games: The Ultimate Guide". It has reviews of a quoted "over 1000 games" with pics

The cover boasts that it includes PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, PC, and Game Boy/GBC games. But it also has a section in the back that covers older systems up to Saturn and all the way back to Atari 2600 and ZX Spectrum! And it even has a "preview" section that looks into the GameCube, XBox, and GBA.

This will do me well as video game collector. Well worth $2!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:15:49 pm by burningdoom »