Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43942 times)

argyle

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2014, 01:46:28 pm »
I don't even consider PC gaming.  As in, I have a PC that's fully capable of gaming, and I refuse to use it.  ;)  Don't like it, don't wanna do it.  Work on computers all day, refuse to come home to fiddle with resolution, v-sync, framerates, etc. when all I want to do is play a game.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »
I don't like gaming on PCs because of compatibility issues. Your computer or 3D card may not be powerful enough to run game A, so you upgrade, and now you can't play your older games. It's frustrating.

I know with some time and research I can learn how to tweek settings and ram and such to play any game I want. But it's just so much easier to pop a game in a console, and press power, and you're done.

I have a few PC games, though, and I do have a number of games downloaded for cheap off of GoG.com, I just concentrate on my console stuff a whole lot more.

soera

« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »
I don't even consider PC gaming.  As in, I have a PC that's fully capable of gaming, and I refuse to use it.  ;)  Don't like it, don't wanna do it.  :)

I have no idea why but thats exactly how I see it too. The only gaming I did on my PC was MMOs but since I havent played any of those in a while, I really have no interest in emulating or anything else.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »
Ive gotten me a nice Cougar Boy with 13 games.

90snostalga

« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2014, 03:35:07 pm »
I don't like gaming on PCs because of compatibility issues. Your computer or 3D card may not be powerful enough to run game A, so you upgrade, and now you can't play your older games. It's frustrating.

I know with some time and research I can learn how to tweek settings and ram and such to play any game I want. But it's just so much easier to pop a game in a console, and press power, and you're done.

I have a few PC games, though, and I do have a number of games downloaded for cheap off of GoG.com, I just concentrate on my console stuff a whole lot more.

This is why I had to build a machine for all games before 2000.   And I still have my laptop for all the new stuff up to date with the sucky Windows 8.  I bought a few parts from thrift stores for 10 bucks and mixed with things I already had and built it to have complete compatibility and the best possible graphics, processor and speed for that era.  But I do see the hassle in it due to time consumption.  Once you have it built tho, your good.  The only thing I would have to worry about is 4-5 years down the line when my laptops video card will be considered outdated.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2014, 03:55:54 pm »
Thanks for the input on RE4, everyone. While the PS3 version has better graphics, I think I'll stick with the Wii version, mostly because I don't really like the PS3 controller and will probably never buy PS Move. I also prefer viewing cutscenes in real-time, if only because it's fun to see the characters prance around in ridiculous costumes. (Plus screwing around with the Wii Zapper might be good for a laugh or two.)

This all the way. I'm just too impatient to put up with that nonsense. As a collector, I also like to have something to display, so the transition to digital just isn't for me. Really, the only PC games I play consistently nowadays are Minecraft and Age of Empires II, and even then I have to use two different computers because of their age difference. I know PC gaming offers a wider variety of games and is usually mod-friendly, but I will always prefer home consoles.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »

I just gots to ask.  What is that?

argyle

« Reply #262 on: May 28, 2014, 04:08:50 pm »
I don't even consider PC gaming.  As in, I have a PC that's fully capable of gaming, and I refuse to use it.  ;)  Don't like it, don't wanna do it.  :)

I have no idea why but thats exactly how I see it too. The only gaming I did on my PC was MMOs but since I havent played any of those in a while, I really have no interest in emulating or anything else.

Was pretty much the same for me, but now that I've fallen in love with FF XIV on the PS4, I can't see playing even an MMO on my PC again.   :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:01 pm »

That names does interesting.  A Cougar Boy...

scott

« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2014, 04:17:07 pm »

Its also known as the Mega Duck. I usually look down on it and think of it as a Game Boy knockoff. But then again I don't know much about it and it could be elitism shining through...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar_Boy
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2014, 04:19:29 pm »

Its also known as the Mega Duck. I usually look down on it and think of it as a Game Boy knockoff. But then again I don't know much about it and it could be elitism shining through...

I just read that Wikipedia article and other than my opinion on the "Mega Duck" is a better name, I have no comment on the article or the system.

« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »
Not much today other than I grabbed Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy X-2 on PS2.  I already have the limited edition for XII after Gamestop was selling them off cheap a few years back and I really don't want much to do with Final Fantasy: Charlies Angels, so I'm gonna probably look at trading these in for something else down the road lol

Also thought I was gonna get Kirby Canvas Curse on the DS, but the box didn't have the game, but instead had Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA in it lol Also has the Nintendo points insert inside, so I might be able to see if the points are still good.  Case is still nice, so maybe someday I'll find a copy of Kirby Canvas Curse to put inside lol

htimreimer

« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

the cougar boy/mega duck was  handheld  console made by hong kong company called welback holdings, it was supposed to compete with with the game boy in south america, some parts of europe and in a few asian countries but it wasn't successful and it has become a pretty rare, the cougar boy is rarest model

pacpix

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2014, 09:00:02 pm »

The Game Boy has a much better game selection, but cannot compete with the awesomeness of the name Mega Duck.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2014, 09:46:45 pm »