Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39984 times)

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2014, 03:16:40 pm »
You know it's a good day when you come home with a veritable pile of games :D I brought in my trades to my local retro game store which accounts for about half the games and the other half was more goodies crazy cheap at Gamestop, all of them under 2.50 a piece, though I paid 4 bucks for Dead Rising just to get it.

Starting from the left.

Tony Hawk Underground 2 - Nearly have my PS1/PS2 Tony Hawk collection complete.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1,2,3 - Because I needed some GOOD DBZ games after the garbage of Ultimate Tenkaichi.
Evil Dead Regeneration - I don't remember if this was the one I really liked or not, but these ones other than I think the Playstation one still star Bruce Campbell and that's just great.  I know Ted Raimi voices the little undead dude in this one.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - For the Battlefield Collection.
Rock Band - For the Music Rhythm Collection with Guitar Hero.
Perfect Dark Zero - Not a good shooter, but it's a Rare game, so I'll pick it up for practically free.
Dead Rising - The game that sold me on the 360.
Guitar Hero 2 and Metallica - Almost done with what I need.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Been awhile since I played a Tekken game, which was like Tekken 4 I think.  Plus another Wii U game for the collection.
COD Modern Warfare 2 - Super cheap.
Battlefield Bad Company - Same as above.
Tony Hawk 2 and 3 - Which completes my PS1 collection of Hawk games I believe.

karyann

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2014, 05:59:44 pm »
Just got a PS Vita! It's used, but it's in a great condition, and came with the original box and everything else. Now I can finally play Little Deviants, which I've owned for 2 years not  :P

abe

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »
Woo, finally got Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection in the mail! ;D EB Games was also having a 3 for $30 sale on used games, so I finally got around to getting Ni no Kuni, and got BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend as well as the Ghost Recon Anthology (all three for the PS3). No amazing deals or anything, but I managed to save $15 off the regular prices from the sale.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:43 pm »
Nice, Kamikazee!  8)

spac316

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2014, 03:54:25 am »
Recent pick ups. Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine for Genesis, Kirby's Avalanche, Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine for SNES!
Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is in nice condition, almost brand new. Heh, it even had a fruit roll-up in it! Must have been a promotional thing in the day, it's over 20 years old, lol!
I threw it away though. Sorry, I'm not that crazy of a collector to keep out of date promotional food items in my game cases. Yeah, you read that right, in the trash! Get over it. I don't care what they say about me, I'm not in it for the value. I just want games I was unable to get as a youngin.
So all the geeks who are squealing in pain because a "valuable item" from the game's history is getting smooshed around in a landfill eaten up by maggots can kiss my ass! They're the assholes who are making it harder to get these old games by driving up the demand and the prices! Instead of getting an NES game for $3, it's now $300!
So yeah, cry me me a river! I just don't care.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:06:04 pm by spac316 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2014, 08:57:11 am »
@ SPac  Dude, you've been having some solid pickups lately.  The Mean Bean Machine is a fun game.  It's hard, but really fun.  Those Kirby games are really hard to find too.  Nice Job.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2014, 10:19:33 am »
Woo, finally got Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection in the mail! ;D EB Games was also having a 3 for $30 sale on used games, so I finally got around to getting Ni no Kuni, and got BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend as well as the Ghost Recon Anthology (all three for the PS3). No amazing deals or anything, but I managed to save $15 off the regular prices from the sale.

How is it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:30 am »

How is it?

It's interesting, I haven't played anything quite like it. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet though, since I'm new to the Idol Producing genre. You can choose which goddess (and soon to be Idol) you want to be the producer for (I went with Vert for my first playthrough). There's a lot of reused music, backgrounds, etc. from Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2 & Victory, and the goddesses' designs are the ones used in HDN Victory. It's got a crapton of replayability with multiple endings for each goddess, and overall it's made a good first impression. :) It'll definitely give me my Neptunia fix until Re;Birth1 comes out.

argyle

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2014, 11:40:51 am »
You guys may already be aware of this, but I was browsing the free PS3 themes last night in the PSN store and I found a really sweet Neptunia theme!  It's for the 3rd game, but it has really nice wallpapers and some of the best icons I've seen.  If you haven't grabbed it I recommend doing so.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2014, 11:52:15 am »
Recent pick ups. Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine for Genesis, Kirby's Avalanche, Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine for SNES!
Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is in nice condition, almost brand new. Heh, it even had a fruit roll-up in it! Must have been a promotional thing in the day, it's over 20 years old, lol!
I threw it away though. Sorry, I'm not that crazy of a collector to keep out of date promotional food items in my game cases.

Get that fruit roll up out of the trash! There are lots of collectors on Sega Age that would probably buy it from you. :)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2014, 09:37:37 pm »
N64
- Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
- Banjo Tooie
- Armorines
- Pokemon Snap
- WCW/NWO Revenge

Genesis
- Strider
- Gargoyles
- Sonic the Hedgehog (somehow I didn't already have this)
- Chakan
- Air Diver
- Cyborg Justice
- Exile

Wii
- Dokapon Kingdom

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2014, 10:01:03 pm »
N64
- Banjo Tooie
- Armorines
- Pokemon Snap
- WCW/NWO Revenge

Genesis
- Strider
- Gargoyles
- Chakan
- Air Diver
- Cyborg Justice
- Exile

Wii
- Dokapon Kingdom

Gargoyles is a hidden gem. Such a fun game.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »
N64
- Banjo Tooie
- Armorines
- Pokemon Snap
- WCW/NWO Revenge

Genesis
- Strider
- Gargoyles
- Chakan
- Air Diver
- Cyborg Justice
- Exile

Wii
- Dokapon Kingdom

Gargoyles is a hidden gem. Such a fun game.

Back in the days when licensed games weren't necessarily shit :D

Saw some videos of it and it kinda reminded me of Demon's Crest but cost me about 90% less lol

abe

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »
You guys may already be aware of this, but I was browsing the free PS3 themes last night in the PSN store and I found a really sweet Neptunia theme!  It's for the 3rd game, but it has really nice wallpapers and some of the best icons I've seen.  If you haven't grabbed it I recommend doing so.  :)

Already have it, and yes it is a great theme. :) There's also a free theme for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2 (the second game) which is also very high quality for a free theme. If you liked the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (the third game) theme, you'd probably like this one too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:49:38 pm by abe »

theflea

« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2014, 12:35:12 am »
After 2 days of garage sales and a few things came in the mail, here's my pick ups.
A lot of Zelda games this weekend.

A huge Mario plush doll for $2

XB360
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior ($5)

Wii All these games where $2 a piece.
- Cruise Ship Vacation Games
- Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (sealed)
- Monster Trux Arenas (sealed)
- Game Party 3
- Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
- No More Heroes
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
- Bleach: Shattered Blade
- King of Fighters Collection - The Orochi Saga
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii

PSP
- Ys Seven

NDS
A Nintendo DS Lite 25th Anniversary Mario Edition with charger $40
- Personal Trainer Cooking (.50)
- Lock's Quest ($5)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games ($2 cart only)
- Pokemon White Version ($2 cart only)

XB All games where $1 each
- Blood Omen 2
- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
- Enter the Matrix
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

PS2 All games where $1 each
- Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
- Judge Dredd

GC These where $5 each.
- Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Super Smash Bros. Melee

N64
A black N64 with 4 controllers, Rumble Pak and 5 games $30
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
- Goldeneye 007
- Robotron 64
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask CE
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (CIB)

PS1
- Blockids ($1)

GBC All games where $3 each except last 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3
- Oddworld Adventures 2
- Game & Watch Gallery 2
- R-Type DX
- Sesame Street Sports ($1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ($1)

SCD
- Microcosm ($3)

SFAM (Thanks badATchaos)
- Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce (CIB)

FAM (Thanks badATchaos)
- Popeye

GG
a Game Gear console with Sonic the Hedgehog CIB ($5)

NES
- Remote Controller with sensor (Free)

Picked up a strange handheld called the AGP X-System it came with 4 games and it was only $6.

And last I found a box full of cases and manuals for PS2, Wii and NDS games when I asked about it the gal said I could have the whole box for $2. The best piece in this box was Metroid Trilogy CE, steelbook, manual and overlay.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:18:03 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"