Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39985 times)

argyle

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2014, 12:54:20 am »
Impressive haul as always Flea.  ;) 

I might be interested in buying some of those PS2 cases/manuals off of you if you have some I need (and I need a LOT after the GS clearance sale earlier this year ;) ). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2014, 01:37:21 am »
Here's what was in the empty case lot. Most all have their manuals.

PS2
Amplitude
Devil May Cry
Stuntman
Cool Boarders 2001
Eighteen Wheeler
Aggressive Inline
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
SSX (GH)
Time Crisis 3
NHRA Championship Drag Racing
Madden NFL 2004
NHL 07
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Street Hoops
MLB Slugfest 2004
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Deer Hunter
Rapala Pro Fishing
Gran Turismo 4 (GH)
World Championship Poker
SSX Tricky (GH)
Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Underground 2
Strike Force Bowling
Ty the Tasmania Tiger
DDRMAX2
Midnight Club (GH)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Blitz the League
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (GH)
Syphon Filter: the Omega Strain (GH)
Ratchet & Clank
King Kong

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics Winter Games
Sonic Unleashed
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero Metallica
Mario Super Sluggers
Mario & Sonic at the Oylmpic Games
Wii Play
Zack & Wiki
Metroid Prime Trilogy CE
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Fit Plus
Mario Party 8
Super Paper Mario
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (no manual)

NDS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

"Happy game hunting!!!"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2014, 07:58:53 am »
You guys may already be aware of this, but I was browsing the free PS3 themes last night in the PSN store and I found a really sweet Neptunia theme!  It's for the 3rd game, but it has really nice wallpapers and some of the best icons I've seen.  If you haven't grabbed it I recommend doing so.  :)

Already have it, and yes it is a great theme. :) There's also a free theme for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk.2 (the second game) which is also very high quality for a free theme. If you liked the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (the third game) theme, you'd probably like this one too.

They were pretty cool :)

2 of my Giclees ("wall-hanging-themes") are from HDNV
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2014, 10:43:46 am »
I'll have to check against my list Flea, thanks for typing them out.  :)

I had a really good morning today.  Almost didn't go out, but I'm definitely glad I did! 

Anime Studio 8 (for my wife :) ) (PC)
Namco Museum Remix (Wii)
Wonder World Amusement Park (Wii)
Cooking Mama: Cook Off (Wii)
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
all for $5

Original Gameboy w/ manual
Battery pack for GB w/ manual
Fuschia (clear pink) GBA w/ manual
official carrying case
11 GB games, all with cases:
     Yoshi
     Tetris (2 copies) w/ 1 manual
     Word Zap w/ manual
     Alleyway w/ manual
     Super Mario Land w/ manual
     Super Mario Land 2
     Dr. Mario w/ manual
     Panel Action Bingo w/ manual
     Quarth w/ manual
     Pac Man w/ manual
Bomberman Tournament (GBA) w/ manual
all for $15

Rift Collector's Ed. - $5

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - $5 - This is the only thing I bought where the person refused to haggle.  The lady said the games belonged to her son who was still asleep so she wouldn't budge on the prices he set.   ::)  I know whenever I was a kid & we were having a yard sale my mom told me if I wanted the money from my stuff *I* had to get up & help sell it.  Kids these days.   :-\  They had a Call of Duty: Black Ops as well, but I wasn't going to give $5 for it - almost didn't give it for this game, but I needed it for my collection and none of my local Gamestops have it complete...

Aqua blue Gameboy Color (latch on battery cover is broken, otherwise seems to be in really good condition)
official carrying case
3 GB games:
     Rugrats In Paris: The Movie
     Frogger 2
     Road Champs: BXS Stunt Biking
all for $5 (also got them to throw in 3 My Little Ponies for my wife, who tells me they're actually knock-offs - but I'm kinda proud that I didn't know that :P )

yard_sales_6-14-14

EDIT:  Looks like I'm about to run back over to the sale where I got that Untold Legends & get my $5 back - it has a nasty circular scratch towards the inside of the disk & will not play.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:15:27 am by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2014, 11:50:30 am »
Nice finds Argyle :) It's unfortunate that the Untold Legends disc was scratched. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2014, 11:59:36 am »
Nice finds Argyle :) It's unfortunate that the Untold Legends disc was scratched. :(

no big loss (gameplay-wise)!  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

theflea

« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2014, 12:06:18 pm »
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - $5 - This is the only thing I bought where the person refused to haggle.  The lady said the games belonged to her son who was still asleep so she wouldn't budge on the prices he set.   ::)  I know whenever I was a kid & we were having a yard sale my mom told me if I wanted the money from my stuff *I* had to get up & help sell it.  Kids these days.   :-\  They had a Call of Duty: Black Ops as well, but I wasn't going to give $5 for it - almost didn't give it for this game, but I needed it for my collection and none of my local Gamestops have it complete...

I was at a sale once and asked about a cheaper price and the woman said they where her son's but he ran off so she was happy to sell them cheaper. she said he's not going to be here I'll sell em for what ever i want. lol

Not all garage sales haggle, Some are even jerks about it. I was at one sale yesterday that the lady wanted $60 for a loose Donkey Kong Country (SNES) and wanted $100 for the SNES. I told her she was way overpriced and she said "But that's what it's going for on Ebay" ugh i hate these people. lol
Then found a guy who had an SNES lot with maybe 15 games who wanted $90 for it all, and all the games where $1 sport games. Again he saw other lots on Ebay and expected the same at a garage sale.
There was also a sale yesterday a lady had a ton of bargain title DS games (Children, sport  & shareware games) and wanted $6 each. I tried to haggle telling her these games I could buy for $5 or under any time and if she would take $2, but she looked at me like I was trying to cheat her and I'll only go $5. So I only bought that one game from her. "Locks Quest". If she would have gone $2 I would have bought about 10+ more games from her.

One thing I see is high priced games and they wont go down because they paid $40-$60 for it when it was new. Even though you can pick up those same games at any used game store today for like $3-$5. 

Bottom line if the price isn't what your willing to pay, walk.

Good luck returning something at a garage sale, most sales are final. I try and make it a habit to look at the disc for any scratches before buying, I've passed games under $1 sometimes because the disc had bad deep scratches.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2014, 12:35:39 pm »

no big loss (gameplay-wise)!  :o

No one in your town has a resurfacing service? We have a used movie/game shop that does it for only $3 a disc, ask around.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2014, 12:50:16 pm »
More XBox 360 essentials added to the collection for bottom dollar prices: 8)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:08:36 pm by burningdoom »

spac316

« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »
Today I got Adventure Island II for NES, Rygar for PS2 and an SNK art Book!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:27:09 pm by spac316 »

karyann

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2014, 07:28:32 pm »
Great finds flea! The gamecube games were a steal :) And gosh, I love that Mario plush! Seems so mint for only $2!

argyle

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »
Nope, no one resurfaces around here - I've asked around, I have a Persona 1 psx disk that my wife got from somewhere that is scratched pretty badly & would like to try to get it resurfaced. 

Anyway, I went back over to the sale because it was literally 10 mins away.  I saw the lady & told her the game wouldn't play - she glares at me & tells me "You'll have to deal with him about it" and points at her son (who is apparently now awake).  I walk over to him, and he already has a $5 bill out - he says "Here you go, if you just want to return it"  I told him that was fine & thanked him.  I had my wife with me this time and she wanted to look around, so we're looking at their other stuff for 3-4 mins.  Then suddenly the lady looks at me and goes "You better be glad HE gave you your money back, because *I* wouldn't have - this is a YARD SALE, not a store!"  I'm really taken aback, so I look at her and say "well you don't sell things that don't work to people, I don't care who you are" and she just gets louder and says basically the same thing - "THIS IS A YARD SALE, NOT A STORE."  I'm pissed, so I figure my best option is to leave, which I immediately start doing (and my wife is right behind me).  I'm walking away and say "Well have a nice day then."  Then I shake my head & go "With an attitude like that..." and she bellows "I CAN HAVE ANY ATTITUDE I WANT, THIS IS *MY* HOUSE". Being half-way down her drive at this point I just reply (without looking back) "that's why I'm LEAVING!"

Yeesh - y'know, I know with a lot of stuff at yard sales you're taking a chance on it.  If she had dropped the price this morning I might have even just eaten it on this.  But at the same time - IMO it's common human decency to give someone their money back if you sell them something that just flat-out does not work.  Yeah, I probably should have looked at the disk before I left and I usually do - but I didn't this time, probably partially because it's rare to come across a PS3 disk that's damaged.  But to me that's just beside the point - I don't ever want to feel like I've taken advantage of someone.  Maybe that's just me. 

Regardless, I got my $5 back and she'll just have to get over it - or not, it's her stress level.   :-\

abe

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2014, 08:21:04 pm »
Nope, no one resurfaces around here - I've asked around, I have a Persona 1 psx disk that my wife got from somewhere that is scratched pretty badly & would like to try to get it resurfaced. 

Anyway, I went back over to the sale because it was literally 10 mins away.  I saw the lady & told her the game wouldn't play - she glares at me & tells me "You'll have to deal with him about it" and points at her son (who is apparently now awake).  I walk over to him, and he already has a $5 bill out - he says "Here you go, if you just want to return it"  I told him that was fine & thanked him.  I had my wife with me this time and she wanted to look around, so we're looking at their other stuff for 3-4 mins.  Then suddenly the lady looks at me and goes "You better be glad HE gave you your money back, because *I* wouldn't have - this is a YARD SALE, not a store!"  I'm really taken aback, so I look at her and say "well you don't sell things that don't work to people, I don't care who you are" and she just gets louder and says basically the same thing - "THIS IS A YARD SALE, NOT A STORE."  I'm pissed, so I figure my best option is to leave, which I immediately start doing (and my wife is right behind me).  I'm walking away and say "Well have a nice day then."  Then I shake my head & go "With an attitude like that..." and she bellows "I CAN HAVE ANY ATTITUDE I WANT, THIS IS *MY* HOUSE". Being half-way down her drive at this point I just reply (without looking back) "that's why I'm LEAVING!"

Yeesh - y'know, I know with a lot of stuff at yard sales you're taking a chance on it.  If she had dropped the price this morning I might have even just eaten it on this.  But at the same time - IMO it's common human decency to give someone their money back if you sell them something that just flat-out does not work.  Yeah, I probably should have looked at the disk before I left and I usually do - but I didn't this time, probably partially because it's rare to come across a PS3 disk that's damaged.  But to me that's just beside the point - I don't ever want to feel like I've taken advantage of someone.  Maybe that's just me. 

Regardless, I got my $5 back and she'll just have to get over it - or not, it's her stress level.   :-\

Wow, what a crazy lady, good thing her kid's reasonable. :-\ Good thing that was a yard sale and not a store, because she'd go out of business pretty fast. :P Was anyone else (other than your wife and the crazy lady's kid) around when the lady started yelling at you?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:24:19 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2014, 11:27:59 pm »
Hah. $60 for Donkey Kong Country! I picked up one copy at a yard sale for $2.50 then at another yard sale I got all 3 for 50 cents each!

Argyle, awesome pickup of Super Mario Land with the manual! :)

While looking through the garage for games I thought I'd lost I found a ton of manuals. Just got back from a visit to my Dad in New York with the games that go with those manuals!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:31:25 pm by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2014, 02:11:00 am »
I had a chance to hit up one of my favorite spots today. For the first few years I was collecting, this was my spot. I don't think anyone else was hitting it. The owner was adamant that he had a game store, not a collector's store. So, if you didn't ask about a it he'd give you the box with the game you bought if he had it.  But if you did ask, there was zero chance of a box. It's a bit of a crap shoot since you never know if you're getting some of that sweet, sweet cardboard. Most of the boxes in my collection have come from this store.

Kind of sucks though, he's discovered that prices are going up. No more $2.95 NES games to be found. :'( Oh well.

Anyway, today I found 5 NES games I didn't have. 3 came with just boxes, 1 loose, and 1 complete. I love this store.

Eliminator Boat Dual (loose) - $8
Monster Truck Rally (boxed) - $5
Big Nose The Caveman (boxed) - $10
Lethal Weapon (boxed) - $5
The Incredible Crash Dummies (CIB) - $5