Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39989 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2014, 02:36:37 am »

For Genesis

With the box and manual.

This one is a little near to the heart, though. I just found out my dad has stage 4 cancer, and he they have no idea what the time-frame is on it.

This was a game me and him used to play all the time against each other. He really isn't a gamer otherwise, but he's the freaking master of this particular game.

So this was a purchase so we can enjoy this together again while we can, and so I can always have that memory with me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:58:47 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2014, 02:56:18 am »

With the box and manual.

This one is a little near to the heart, though. I just found out my dad has stage 4 cancer, and he they have no idea what the time-frame is on it.

This was a game me and him used to play all the time against each other. He really isn't a gamer otherwise, but he's the freaking master of this particular game.

So this was a purchase so we can enjoy this together again while we can, and so I can always have that memory with me.

Really sorry to hear this, doom...My dad isn't a gamer either, but he still plays Zelda games, particularly the original NES Zelda and has played it more than I have to the point that he has roms of it so he can play it comfortably on his computer.  We use to play that game all the time and its great having those moments to always remember with him. 

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2014, 03:30:57 am »

Really sorry to hear this, doom...My dad isn't a gamer either, but he still plays Zelda games, particularly the original NES Zelda and has played it more than I have to the point that he has roms of it so he can play it comfortably on his computer.  We use to play that game all the time and its great having those moments to always remember with him. 
I second kamikazekeeg's gesture, burningdoom...  My family and I faced a similar situation with my mom 4 years ago.  May you and your family create amazing moments more memorable than the news you guys had to stomach with the medical staff.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2014, 05:19:52 am »
Yes, very sorry to hear about your dad doom.  :(

My wife and I went to visit her dad yesterday and after we left his place we swung by the Gamestop over there.  Had some really good finds.  They still had some of the clearance PS2 games, and flipping through them I found:

Summoner - $0.45
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection - $0.67
Activision Anthology - $0.45
Kya: Dark Lineage - $0.67

There were also a few Gamecube games mixed in, so I grabbed pretty much anything that wasn't a sports or dance game:

Star Wars Jedi Knight II - $3.37
Odama - $1.13 (I'll have to find a mic to play it tho)

All of those (the ps2 & gc games) were disk only, but for the prices it's hard to complain TOO much.  ;)  Also grabbed a loose DS game I was after:

Lost In Blue 2 - $2.69

And then the reason I stopped by - picked up the following complete Wii games:

Pikmin - $26.99
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - $16.19
A Boy and His Blob - $4.49

Both Pikmin & SH look absolutely brand new - not a mark on either disk, no wear on the cases at all, and Pikmin even includes the Nintendo ad flyer & the Club Nintendo points.  I'm pretty sure both of these WERE new games that GS just converted to used.  And my wife is awesome, I was about to leave Pikmin because of the price but when she asked me & I told her how hard to find it was she pretty much wouldn't let me leave the store without it.  ;)  It's nowhere to be seen in my area, and that's still a much better price than it's going for on ebay, especially given the incredible condition it's in. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2014, 07:13:53 pm »
Not all garage sales haggle, Some are even jerks about it. I was at one sale yesterday that the lady wanted $60 for a loose Donkey Kong Country (SNES) and wanted $100 for the SNES. I told her she was way overpriced and she said "But that's what it's going for on Ebay" ugh i hate these people. lol

100 dollar SNES? That's even higher than eBay rates. That's like double or more. Maybe if it was signed by Miyamoto and Yokoi.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:16:22 pm by badATchaos »

foxhack

« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2014, 12:12:28 am »
I have an actual physical game find! :o

Gears of War: The "Epic didn't port the rest of the games because they blamed piracy for low sales when everyone knows it sold like crap because of GFWL" edition. $3. It still has a 30-day Xbox Live trial card. Yes, they tried to charge PC users for multiplayer. What a bunch of dumbasses. :P

As for other things...

GOG
SiN Gold
Clive Barker's Jericho

Steam - Trades and store purchases
Metro Last Light Complete (w/all DLC)
Painkiller: Black Edition
Painkiller: Resurrection
Painkiller: Redemption
Painkiller: Recurring Evil
Painkiller: Overdose
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation w/all DLC and Deluxe Pack

Steam - Bundle stuff - Oh boy. Lots of bundles and Steam keys for previous buyers lately...
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller (the last two episodes were finally bundled so I grabbed them)
Ampu-Tea
Guilty Gear Isuka (old bundle key)
Manhunter
Explodemon
Noir Syndrome
Little Racers Street
Master Reboot
Splatter: Blood Red Edition
MX vs ATV Reflex
RPG Maker VX Ace / RPG Maker XP
Sweet Lily Dreams
Deadly Sin 2
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm
Victim of Zen
Realms of Arkania w/DLC
Alpha Kimori
Science Girls
Inquistor

And then there's these games.

Project Snowblind
Bone Complete Bundle
Batman: Arkham Origins w/Season Pass
Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate Deluxe
Injustice: Gods Among Us

I basically got all those - about $40 worth - FOR FREE thanks to earning credit for playing games and completing achievements... and I still have $10 leftover. Thanks, Playfire!

(I'm gonna take ages to add all these games to the site... ugh.)

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2014, 01:28:41 am »

Super Mario Bros. 3 loose.
Battle City is a great little game. It's like if Combat and Dig Dug had a baby.
Ordered the white controller in late April from Play-Asia and it finally appeared last week!
Mario Kart Advance (Super Circuit) CIB. Unfortunately in shipping it got a little bit banged up but its not awful.
Traded theflea for the Platinum DOL-101 system w/ controller. Analog stick was a bit loose so I soldered in a replacement.
I also finally got around to picking up an orange controller to complete my Spice set. And yes, it's officially Spice, not Orange Spice.

karyann

« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2014, 07:16:31 am »
Super Mario Bros. 3 loose.
Battle City is a great little game. It's like if Combat and Dig Dug had a baby.
Ordered the white controller in late April from Play-Asia and it finally appeared last week!
Mario Kart Advance (Super Circuit) CIB. Unfortunately in shipping it got a little bit banged up but its not awful.
Traded theflea for the Platinum DOL-101 system w/ controller. Analog stick was a bit loose so I soldered in a replacement.
I also finally got around to picking up an orange controller to complete my Spice set. And yes, it's officially Spice, not Orange Spice.

Nice stuff! I love Battle City. You're making me want to order a bunch of JP games again  :P

soera

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2014, 11:13:00 am »
I really want that spice GC. I already have black/indigo/silver and want some more. :D GC is my favorite Nintendo system.

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »
With today and my last get, I got Final Fantasy X on PS2, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent on PS2, Crash: Nitro Kart on Xbox, and a blue Game Boy Advance SP.  Also got Frontlines: Fuel for War on Xbox 360 as another cheapo game from Gamestop.  Think I have gotten all I could get from there that was cheap and I kinda wanted for under 2 bucks lol.  Also got a couple random Xbox and GBA games, but those are just gonna be for trade and not the collection.

argyle

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »
I really want that spice GC. I already have black/indigo/silver and want some more. :D GC is my favorite Nintendo system.

Am I correct in remembering that Spice was Japan-only - the system at least, I know we got the Spice controller.  What color GC systems were released in NA?
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »

Am I correct in remembering that Spice was Japan-only - the system at least, I know we got the Spice controller.  What color GC systems were released in NA?

The standard colours we got are black, indigo, and platinum. If you're ever wondering what colours a console or handheld came in, I find this site very useful: http://www.consolecolors.com
Unfortunately, the GameCube didn't come in as many nifty colours as the N64. :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:45:26 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2014, 07:01:47 pm »

The standard colours we got are black, indigo, and platinum. If you're ever wondering what colours a console or handheld came in, I find this site very useful: http://www.consolecolors.com
Unfortunately, the GameCube didn't come in as many nifty colours as the N64. :(

That's a shame, I knew about those but was hoping there were some others I was either forgetting or just didn't know about.  The GC is my favorite Nintendo system.  :) 

soera

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:58 pm »
Interesting website. I think its a bit off though as far as the PS3 controllers go. There are too many colors listed. :D

abe

« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:36 pm »
It is a bit off here and there, with some things missing or entered incorrectly. The green DS Lite for example, which was available in limited editions in NA bundled with a copy of the Personal Cooking Trainer, is incorrectly listed as a UK standard edition. But it is reliable enough in most cases, for standard editions anyways. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)