Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 40011 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2014, 09:16:46 am »
Celebrated my BDAY today, and got some awesome gifts:

-Illbleed (Dreamcast)
-Vigilante 8: Second Offense(Dreamcast)
-Dodonpachi Resurrection Deluxe Edition (360)

Happy Bday!!!  Nice add with that Vigilante 8 for Dreamcast!   :D  I've never heard of Illbleed.  Is it good?

No. :P  But I believe it is one of the rare DC games to come by so it's a very nice collector's get.  :)

And we all know Disgaeniac has his black-market video game sources.  He isn't fooling anyone.  ;)

:-X

I *did* get an agreement for any dumpster-bound GS guides/swag to be diverted & re-routed towards MY trash, though  ;D

moar   :-X
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2014, 10:44:01 am »
Celebrated my BDAY today, and got some awesome gifts:

-Illbleed (Dreamcast)
-Vigilante 8: Second Offense(Dreamcast)
-Dodonpachi Resurrection Deluxe Edition (360)

Happy Bday!!!  Nice add with that Vigilante 8 for Dreamcast!   :D  I've never heard of Illbleed.  Is it good?

Thank you, and thanks to everyone else for the BDAY wishes :).

I have never played Illbleed, but it looked cool enough to warrant a place on my "Want List." It definitely is not one of the best DC games ever from what I've heard, but it is entertaining, and as someone said, it is pretty rare. The copy I received is the only complete copy I have ever seen, ever lol.

abe

« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2014, 11:30:23 am »
Happy Birthday! ;D

Also, yay for XBlaze today! It's not often that visual novels actually get localized for NA. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get the Vita version of Steins;Gate (probably not gonna happen :'().
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:34:37 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »
Happy Birthday! ;D

Also, yay for XBlaze today! It's not often that visual novels actually get localized for NA. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get the Vita version of Steins;Gate (probably not gonna happen :'().

*Yaaaawns*

yesterday's news...again  ;)

abe

« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2014, 12:04:03 pm »
Happy Birthday! ;D

*Yaaaawns*

Yes yes, I get it, you got your copy a day early. That's yesterday's news too. ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2014, 12:09:18 pm »
Happy Birthday! ;D

*Yaaaawns*

Yes yes, I get it, you got your copy a day early. That's yesterday's news too. ;)

ALL of today's news is yesterday's news...tomorrow; amirite?  :o

abe

« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2014, 12:51:02 pm »
Happy Birthday! ;D

*Yaaaawns*

ALL of today's news is yesterday's news...tomorrow; amirite?  :o

That's so deep. I want that on a coffee mug. :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2014, 01:33:46 pm »
I bought a Gamecube with 10 games  :o

Slight mistake as i only collect handhelds.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »
Picked up my pre-order of Rorona Plus this morning -and- for a game that I've already played...I'm thinking that there's enough new/better content here to make it worth another time through  ;D

abe

« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »
Picked up my pre-order of Rorona Plus this morning -and- for a game that I've already played...I'm thinking that there's enough new/better content here to make it worth another time through  ;D

Would you recommend it as a good game to be introduced to the series with? I haven't gotten around to buying/playing any of the Atelier series yet and was wondering if this was a good place to start.

90snostalga

« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2014, 01:49:57 pm »

Would you recommend it as a good game to be introduced to the series with? I haven't gotten around to buying/playing any of the Atelier series yet and was wondering if this was a good place to start.

this reminds me I got to play my atelier rorona game

argyle

« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2014, 02:26:44 pm »

Wow, that's out already??  Slow down, games!  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »

Actually, I'd say that the "Plus" version of Rorona would be an excellent starting/introductory point to the series  ;D

90snostalga

« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:48 pm »

Actually, I'd say that the "Plus" version of Rorona would be an excellent starting/introductory point to the series  ;D

For real?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »

For real?

Just my opinion of course -but- yeah.

There's nothing "wrong" with the version of Rorona that you've got 90's (it's the 1st one that I played/platted); it's just that the Plus version has some "quality of life" tweaks & improvements; IMO, making it the smoothest/ideal starting point.

The fact that it's the 1st/opening game of the trilogy, the 1st PS3 Atelier game, and (iirc) the 1st to go mostly 3D instead of 2D are all just more bullet points of why I think it's a great pick for a 1st game in the series.