Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39999 times)

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »
Well today was a mixture of disappointment and okay lol

First I dug around the toy section at the thrift shop, a regular spot for the old games in bundles if they don't get in the case up front and found a few big box computer games.  One was some version of civilization, another was Myst.  Both were for Mac and while normally I wouldn't collect old pc stuff, let alone mac, I wanted to get it cause of the old box style. It's a big cool box and Myst was a classic game so why not! I get home, open it up to see some cd's in there that looked out of place.  That's the brown box there.  What that is, is not Myst, but Riven, the later released sequel lol The box for Myst has nothing but the box, the journal, and the hint slip.  No game.  Equally sucky, the Riven package of CD's is missing disk 1....SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I mean, the box is still killer and while I'd never be able to play the game, I still wanted it complete...

For the next batch, things turned out a little better.  NES Zapper, two NES controllers, and some odd joystick controller for the NES in a bundle.  Had never see the little joystick before, but it's kinda neat lol Also got Sonic Chronicles on DS

90snostalga

« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »
Well today was a mixture of disappointment and okay lol

First I dug around the toy section at the thrift shop, a regular spot for the old games in bundles if they don't get in the case up front and found a few big box computer games.  One was some version of civilization, another was Myst.  Both were for Mac and while normally I wouldn't collect old pc stuff, let alone mac, I wanted to get it cause of the old box style. It's a big cool box and Myst was a classic game so why not! I get home, open it up to see some cd's in there that looked out of place.  That's the brown box there.  What that is, is not Myst, but Riven, the later released sequel lol The box for Myst has nothing but the box, the journal, and the hint slip.  No game.  Equally sucky, the Riven package of CD's is missing disk 1....SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I mean, the box is still killer and while I'd never be able to play the game, I still wanted it complete...

For the next batch, things turned out a little better.  NES Zapper, two NES controllers, and some odd joystick controller for the NES in a bundle.  Had never see the little joystick before, but it's kinda neat lol Also got Sonic Chronicles on DS

Sorry about the game not being in there but still cool box.  You have to report back on how that NES joysticks works??

« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2014, 04:31:33 pm »
Sorry about the game not being in there but still cool box.  You have to report back on how that NES joysticks works??

Sadly don't have a working NES at the moment.  Keep trying, but keep failing at getting one working lol Gonna eventually just go out and buy one of those older Retron systems like 3 or 4 so I can be able to at least play my old NES and Genesis games.

argyle

« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2014, 04:44:09 pm »
I think that makes 3 of us that have found Sonic Chronicles in the past month.  :P  Didn't Flea find it as well? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »
I think that makes 3 of us that have found Sonic Chronicles in the past month.  :P  Didn't Flea find it as well?

I don't even know what kind of Sonic game it is.  Is it one of those RPG Sonic games? lol

argyle

« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »

I don't even know what kind of Sonic game it is.  Is it one of those RPG Sonic games? lol

Yeah, it's actually made by Bioware so supposedly it's pretty good.  I had forgotten it existed, saw someone else here picked it up (pretty sure it was Flea) and mentioned it was by Bioware, so then it was on my radar again & I remember thinking that I'd have to pick it up at some point.  Then no more than 2 weeks later I found it complete in a yard sale for $1.  :P 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »

Umm... yeah made by Bioware. It's not bad, but beware there is a cliffhanger ending.

theflea

« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2014, 06:44:40 pm »

yes, yes i did.  :)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

90snostalga

« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »
Didn't Flea find it as well?

Is there any game Flea did not find?  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2014, 11:14:53 pm »

QFT

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2014, 11:29:52 pm »

QFT

Nope. I'll bet he's found that one as well.

Oh, wait... I see what you did there...

argyle

« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2014, 11:44:30 pm »

Well I had that thought as I posted that, but what can you do?  ;)

90snostalga

« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2014, 06:48:43 am »

QFT

?? This went over my head. Qft?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:54 am »

QFT

?? This went over my head. Qft?

"QFT" =

Quoted

For

Truth.

I knew that.  I was just testing you guys out to see you knew  :)