Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39984 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2014, 01:49:48 pm »
Sucks that I lost my chance to get one of the games I enjoyed in my childhood.  "Captain America And The Avengers" on Sega Genesis.  Played it a good amount to have good memories of playing as Hawkeye.  To this day and so on, big fan of archers/rangers.  Not really digging the movie adaptation of Hawkeye, though.

Still added some good games in my opinion...

SEGA GENESIS
Spider-Man And The X-Men In Arcade's Revenge
Jewel Master

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:00 pm »
Still added some good games in my opinion...

SEGA GENESIS
Spider-Man And The X-Men In Arcade's Revenge

Have you played this one yet? Yikes. You know what they say about opinions...

« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2014, 06:26:28 pm »
sorry i have not been on lately but i was in greece

anyway my latest pick up

theflea

« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »
Picked up some games from my local gaming stores today.

First stopped at a local discount book store and they had these for $2 each.
DS
- High School Musical
PSP
- The Godfather

Then stopped at one of my local Gamestops and picked up this.
PSP
- Kenka Bancho ($8)

Then stopped into my local used game store and picked up these 4 games.
SCD
- Chuck Rock II ($5)
- Formula One WS Beyond the Limit ($2)

GBC
- Metal Gear Solid ($15)
- Windy ($5)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2014, 06:40:33 pm »
Alright, here we go.  :)

IMG_3326

My first stop was a sale that had advertised Wii & PS2 systems/games.  I got there 15 mins before the sale started, they were still setting up.  I spoke to the lady & asked her about the games, and she said someone would be bringing them out in a minute so I waited.  While I waited I saw a couple of GBA games on a table - one was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red and the other was Sonic Advance.  Sonic was in pretty rough shape so I left it, but I snagged the Pokemon which is in excellent condition & was marked $1.  In a few mins a man brings out a box and sits it down, I walk over & see a bunch of PS2 games & a sign that says "$2/each or 3 for $5".  I started looking through but quickly realize they are in *rough* condition.  Most don't have manuals, the ones that do they are usually really torn up.  I end up getting Pac-Man World 2&3 (3 has a manual in bad condition, 2 has no manual) and GTA: Vice City which miraculously has a manual in really good shape.  I passed on a Pac-Man kart racing game because it had a nasty scratch that looked like it might be deep enough to cause problems and a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront because it had no manual - I have a disk only copy so really just wanted the case/manual, but I couldn't see buying another one just for the case & still be missing the manual.  ANYWAY.... :P  I ask the guy who brought the games out about the Wii games and he says they don't have any.  I mention that their ad said they had a Wii system for sale & ask about it, and he replies "we had one but we sold it."  So they sold it before today, because I know no one bought it before I got there this morning.  And the worst part is I had emailed them towards the beginning of the week asking what they had & they never replied.  Greeaaaat...  Offered him $6 for the 3 PS2 games, the Pokemon game and a unused roll of shelf liner they had. 

A couple stops later I see nothing at a sale but do the usual, ask the couple running it if they have anything.  At first they say no, but as I'm naming companies the lady goes "Well we have an old NINTENDO..." as if "but WHO would want THAT???".  I ask if it's an NES, she says yes, then ask where it is and she points to a black bag in the far back of the carport.  In the bag was the NES, all cables, 2 controllers & a lightgun, SMB/Duck Hunt cart (wooo) and 2 plug & play games that aren't in the pic - one is a Fantastic Four one and the other is a Namco one.  I bring the bag up to her & ask how much, she thinks a minute & says "$5?"  Sold!  :D  As a bonus, I got her to throw in the Tron / Neverending Story VHS tapes I had in my hand, because why not?  :P

Dry for a while, found the LotR book set for $5 - nice set and she said she got it before the movies came out so there's no pics from the movies on the books (I hate when they do that with books...).    At another one I see nothing but the lady tells me her son has a ton of games that he might want to sell but he's at work, so she takes my number - I'll be surprised if I ever hear from that, but you never know. 

Almost home I stop at one last sale in my neighborhood.  Found the Gamecube controllers in a crate, and I was very happy to see the Wavebird - until I saw that the receiver was nowhere to be found.   :'(  Asked the guy running the sale about it, he said he didn't know but that he was running the sale for the guy that lived there and he was out of town but had the systems (he said systemS, dunno if there's more than one or if he misspoke) with him to test.  I explain what the receiver looks like and he says it may be plugged into the system - he gives me a business card for the guy that has the systems, said I can call next week.  Fingers crossed that they have the receiver, otherwise I have a nice paperweight.  :-\  Still came out ahead, talked him down to $7 for the 4 GC controllers.  :D

Total spent - $23.  Gonna wait to see what comes out w/ the Gamecube system, because if it's a color I don't have & the price is right I may grab it.  If not, I'll probably list a couple of the controllers on ebay & recoup everything I spent today.  ;) 

Oh, also swung by Gamestop this afternoon & grabbed 3 Wii games.  Two I hadn't heard of but they looked interesting, were $2 each and were in like-new condition so I figured "why not":

IMG_3328
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #320 on: June 28, 2014, 09:15:13 pm »
Bobster and I decided to stop at GameStop today and saw this. It's the collectors edition, sealed and it only cost us $15!

abe

« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:03 pm »
Bobster and I decided to stop at GameStop today and saw this. It's the collectors edition, sealed and it only cost us $15!

And I thought I got a good deal when I got an opened "new" copy at EB Games for $20 CAD. :P Nice find though, it's a really awesome collector's edition! :) Are you going to leave it sealed, or open it and play it?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2014, 09:28:15 pm »

And I thought I got a good deal when I got an opened "new" copy at EB Games for $20 CAD. :P Nice find though, it's a really awesome collector's edition! :) Are you going to leave it sealed, or open it and play it?

Open and play it. We're not really sealed collectors.

theflea

« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2014, 09:32:34 pm »
Alright, here we go.  :)

My first stop was a sale that had advertised Wii & PS2 systems/games.  I got there 15 mins before the sale started, they were still setting up.  I spoke to the lady & asked her about the games, and she said someone would be bringing them out in a minute so I waited.  While I waited I saw a couple of GBA games on a table - one was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red and the other was Sonic Advance.  Sonic was in pretty rough shape so I left it, but I snagged the Pokemon which is in excellent condition & was marked $1.  In a few mins a man brings out a box and sits it down, I walk over & see a bunch of PS2 games & a sign that says "$2/each or 3 for $5".  I started looking through but quickly realize they are in *rough* condition.  Most don't have manuals, the ones that do they are usually really torn up.  I end up getting Pac-Man World 2&3 (3 has a manual in bad condition, 2 has no manual) and GTA: Vice City which miraculously has a manual in really good shape.  I passed on a Pac-Man kart racing game because it had a nasty scratch that looked like it might be deep enough to cause problems and a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront because it had no manual - I have a disk only copy so really just wanted the case/manual, but I couldn't see buying another one just for the case & still be missing the manual.  ANYWAY.... :P  I ask the guy who brought the games out about the Wii games and he says they don't have any.  I mention that their ad said they had a Wii system for sale & ask about it, and he replies "we had one but we sold it."  So they sold it before today, because I know no one bought it before I got there this morning.  And the worst part is I had emailed them towards the beginning of the week asking what they had & they never replied.  Greeaaaat...  Offered him $6 for the 3 PS2 games, the Pokemon game and a unused roll of shelf liner they had. 

A couple stops later I see nothing at a sale but do the usual, ask the couple running it if they have anything.  At first they say no, but as I'm naming companies the lady goes "Well we have an old NINTENDO..." as if "but WHO would want THAT???".  I ask if it's an NES, she says yes, then ask where it is and she points to a black bag in the far back of the carport.  In the bag was the NES, all cables, 2 controllers & a lightgun, SMB/Duck Hunt cart (wooo) and 2 plug & play games that aren't in the pic - one is a Fantastic Four one and the other is a Namco one.  I bring the bag up to her & ask how much, she thinks a minute & says "$5?"  Sold!  :D  As a bonus, I got her to throw in the Tron / Neverending Story VHS tapes I had in my hand, because why not?  :P

Dry for a while, found the LotR book set for $5 - nice set and she said she got it before the movies came out so there's no pics from the movies on the books (I hate when they do that with books...).    At another one I see nothing but the lady tells me her son has a ton of games that he might want to sell but he's at work, so she takes my number - I'll be surprised if I ever hear from that, but you never know. 

Almost home I stop at one last sale in my neighborhood.  Found the Gamecube controllers in a crate, and I was very happy to see the Wavebird - until I saw that the receiver was nowhere to be found.   :'(  Asked the guy running the sale about it, he said he didn't know but that he was running the sale for the guy that lived there and he was out of town but had the systems (he said systemS, dunno if there's more than one or if he misspoke) with him to test.  I explain what the receiver looks like and he says it may be plugged into the system - he gives me a business card for the guy that has the systems, said I can call next week.  Fingers crossed that they have the receiver, otherwise I have a nice paperweight.  :-\  Still came out ahead, talked him down to $7 for the 4 GC controllers.  :D

Total spent - $23.  Gonna wait to see what comes out w/ the Gamecube system, because if it's a color I don't have & the price is right I may grab it.  If not, I'll probably list a couple of the controllers on ebay & recoup everything I spent today.  ;) 

Oh, also swung by Gamestop this afternoon & grabbed 3 Wii games.  Two I hadn't heard of but they looked interesting, were $2 each and were in like-new condition so I figured "why not":
Nice write up Argyle, and some nice finds. I lot of my best finds is because I ask about games. 99% of the time i hear no sorry. But that 1% can pay off. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:34 pm »
Thanks. :) What surprised me at first is a tip that I heard in a video that I thought was ridiculous but actually works - if you ask people if they have video games and they say no, name a few systems.  It's weird how they'll say no & then you'll name Nintendo or Gameboy or something and they'll go "Oh, I think I have one of those..." 

So those 2 "free" plug-and-play games I got w/ the NES.  I cleaned them up & tested the Fantastic 4 one out (the other one has some corrosion I need to get rid of & I don't have any vinegar right now).  I like these p&p things because they're neat.  They usually look kinda cool (as I think is the case with both of these) and it's just a novelty.  But they typically either are arcade ports that are easier played on a console or - as is the case with F4 - just plain gawd-awful.  :P  It has a short in the cable, you have to hold it just right to get a picture.  But believe me when I say that it couldn't matter less, because NO ONE wants to actually play this game.   :o

But man, it LOOKS cool!  8)

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #325 on: June 29, 2014, 01:02:40 am »
Desocietas just gave me Shadowrun Returns for my birthday. ;_;

<3

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2014, 03:48:35 am »
Nice write up Argyle, and some nice finds. I lot of my best finds is because I ask about games. 99% of the time i hear no sorry. But that 1% can pay off. lol

True story, I was at a yard sale last month. Looked like a waste games wise. Just a bunch of trinkets and kids clothes. Just before I left I asked "planning to put out any games?".

The lady's 20 year old son came out with Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 and said "This is all I got. 50 cents each?"

I gave him 2 bucks and told him to keep the change. :)

« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »
Toys R Us is still doing some reasonable clearance stuff, most of it being Dishonored on PS3 and the last two Call of Duty's on Wii U lol  Got Resident Evil Revelations for 12 bucks with 75% off along with Band Hero on PS2 for less than three bucks and the Rock Band Metal Track Pack 1 for even less.  If wanting cheap Wii u games, definitely head there as there is also a lot of Assassins Creed IV's, Epic Mickey 2, and a couple others, all for 75% off whatever their price is.

Also did a trade the other night at a local meetup, trading two SNES and 1 NES game for a boxed Ecco, Jurassic Park, and loose Sonic 3 for the Genesis.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:05 pm »
Went to a local place looking for some old PS2 Fifa games and found nothing but I walked out with

SNES
Rock and Roll Racing
Rival Turf
Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues

PS2
Silent Hill 3
Rygar
Way of the Samurai

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2014, 01:55:22 am »
Went to a local place looking for some old PS2 Fifa games and found nothing but I walked out with

SNES
Rock and Roll Racing
Rival Turf
Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues

PS2
Silent Hill 3
Rygar
Way of the Samurai

Rock n Roll Racing. Nice. :)