Author Topic: Beat theflea in one auction!  (Read 4306 times)

soera

Beat theflea in one auction!
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:18:42 am »
For you guys who want to be theflea, now is your opportunity!

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=958029

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Beat theflea in one auction!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:08:50 am »
For you guys who want to be theflea, now is your opportunity!

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=958029

Nah. Beating theflea would be picking up the whole lot for $3! ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:26:44 am »
Welp, time to sell my body

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:37:39 am »
Poor guy, having to sell that beautiful collection, but damn that is amazing! Must win lottery fast :o

theflea

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:04 pm »
lol, the dude is selling his collection just after getting the record???
I just read about this guy a few months ago???
If he sells it all then he should be stripped of his title.
So does this mean the person who buys this gets the record?
That's BS in my opinion. Kinda makes me loose respect for the guy.
Just feel like the guy is selling out. Maybe he has an outrageous reserve on it just to see what his collection would go for.  The only person I can see buying this is some rich guy who just wants to build a game room or a reseller who wants to start a store.

Kinda makes me want to beat his record, just for doing this. only 2000 more to go. lol
Wonder if the 11,000 is only games, or does it include systems & accessories.

Also I once saw a show where they appraise people collections and there was a guy on there with close to 15,000 games. why doesn't this guy hold the record? Maybe he too sold it all off. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »
Just feel like the guy is selling out. Maybe he has an outrageous reserve on it just to see what his collection would go for.  The only person I can see buying this is some rich guy who just wants to build a game room or a reseller who wants to start a store.

Kinda makes me want to beat his record, just for doing this. only 2000 more to go. lol

Also I once saw a show where they appraise people collections and there was a guy on there with close to 15,000 games. why doesn't this guy hold the record? Maybe he too sold it all off. lol

Yeah, imagine if there was no reserve price and a person won the auction for $1. I believe that it only includes games, but yeah, now someone will automatically get the record with the click of a bid, while most have to work up their collection for years to get even 1/20 of that. I hope that you can get the record, but if you don't I'm pretty sure that you can rest easy knowing that you have an amazing collection. But, it definitely wouldn't be too bad having a world record holder on our site ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:31:05 pm »

Of course he's "selling out", he's literally "selling out" lol If you read it, he says he needs the money for other life stuff, totally good reason  to sell your collection.  I know if I was a rich guy, I'd buy that collection in a heartbeat lol

haloofthesun

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »

It says on the page he's selling his collection for money for his family, which is a pretty good reason to do so. It also says the reserve is set well below what the appraised value of the collection is. It's probably still crazy expensive for the average person though.

It also says the 11,000 is only games, and no repeats. That's probably why the guy with 15,000 doesn't hold the record as that total is probably including repeats.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »
It says on the page he's selling his collection for money for his family, which is a pretty good reason to do so. It also says the reserve is set well below what the appraised value of the collection is. It's probably still crazy expensive for the average person though.

It also says the 11,000 is only games, and no repeats. That's probably why the guy with 15,000 doesn't hold the record as that total is probably including repeats.

Good point. It would suck to spend tens->hundreds of thousands of dollars to build up a collection so impressive only to be beaten by a dude who managed to amass a collection of 20,000 Atari Combat cartridges.

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 12:11:22 am »
This collection is amazing.  We should reach out to him and have him become a member of VGCollect  :)

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 09:56:29 am »
I'm honestly not that impressed. It looks like he has a ton of filler in there. My collection has a whole bunch of padding also but I am not trying to have the world's largest collection.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 12:53:17 pm »
It's funny that the highest bid is 50,000 because you could probably get near a third of that collection with that alone. Not worth it.

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 03:42:32 am »
I'm honestly not that impressed. It looks like he has a ton of filler in there. My collection has a whole bunch of padding also but I am not trying to have the world's largest collection.

That is what I thought when I actually examined what games he has in there. Sure he has some really rare and valuable stuff in there, but it is overshadowed by the tons of crap he has.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 03:59:16 am »
Dang 90k and still not at the reserve.

ffxik

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 05:27:08 am »
The reserve is going to be out there.  I found an article that said the estimated value of his collection is $7-800,000.  I'd say it's not THAT high but probably ball parking in at $5-600,000 reserve.  Even then I would say that is still too high but hey the boy can dream right.

edit* probably help to post the link.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/06/06/worlds-largest-video-game-collection-up-for-sale.html
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:34:25 am by ffxik »