Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29719 times)

karyann

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »
I bought a copy or Kartia: The Word of Fate for PS1 today. At $30 it wasn't a deal or anything, but it's an Atlus RPG and in really great condition. PS1 games are a rare sight where I live, and great condition ones are even more scarce. Can't wait to try this, I should make time for it this week! And I also got Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge on the GBA, been looking for it for a while  :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: July 21, 2014, 01:47:28 am »
I bought a copy or Kartia: The Word of Fate for PS1 today. At $30 it wasn't a deal or anything, but it's an Atlus RPG and in really great condition. PS1 games are a rare sight where I live, and great condition ones are even more scarce. Can't wait to try this, I should make time for it this week! And I also got Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge on the GBA, been looking for it for a while  :)

Isn't it a great feeling when you stumble upon a deal on something you've been wanting for a long time? :)

argyle

« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2014, 02:10:11 am »
Picked up a couple games today... I had a nice copy of Metal Slug Anthology in my hand, but even after 2 attempts in the disc machine, it had some bad marks on the disc... so I let it go.

I *love* Chaos Legion - it's a very misunderstood game IMO.  People compared it to Devil May Cry, but it doesn't have much in common with it beyond some aesthetics. 

Y'know, isn't it funny how we'll see $30 as a really good deal on a newly released game that's readily available pretty much everywhere but $30 as expensive for an older game that's difficult to find?  Just something I think about from time to time.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

pacpix

« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2014, 02:55:14 am »
I have not picked up this many games in a while!

Some of these I picked up at my local game store, but most of the others I bought on my trip to see my grandparents.  My grandpa likes to go to all the thrift stores and pawn shops so I ride along with him.  There is also a play and trade where I picked up a lot of the games.
2600:
Checkers
Slot Racers
Fire Fighter
Star Voyager
Night Driver
Congo Bongo
Atlantis
Home Run
N64
Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
Forsaken
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
SNES
SpinDizzy Worlds
Drakkhen
NES
Batman
Flight of the Intruder
PS1
Mega Man Legends ($3 dollars at a pawn shop!)
GB
WildSnake
PC
Elite Darts
My grandpa had also found a late 90s webpage builder sealed at a thrift shop that he gave me when we visited ha.  My HTML/CSS knowledge is more early 2000s quality level  :), but I love weird things like that.  Most of the games were commons, but they filled in some gaps in my collection and Mega Man Legends is my best find in quite a while.  Also the game store near me is FINALLY lowering prices on 2600 games.  I asked about a year ago and I was the only person buying any Atari stuff from them, and most of the time I passed on it as I did not want to pay $8 for a common game.  They marked most of them down to $1-$5 now so I pick up a few commons when I stop by.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:49 am »
I *love* Chaos Legion - it's a very misunderstood game IMO.  People compared it to Devil May Cry, but it doesn't have much in common with it beyond some aesthetics. 

Ya I remember enjoying a demo of it quite a bit. I read the back of the box, and they even compared it to Devil May Cry on the blurbs...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2014, 09:18:12 am »

Isn't it a great feeling when you stumble upon a deal on something you've been wanting for a long time? :)

Definitely! I actually saw another copy of Banjo-Kazooie in the wild a few months back, but I was game hunting with a friend and she wanted it too, and I already had bought a lot of games that day, so I let her get it. Glad I did, since yesterday I traded it for a game I paid $2 for  ;D

« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2014, 09:58:29 am »
Bought quite a lot of new old gen stuff.

Time to make reserves while it is cheap ;)

« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2014, 03:02:29 pm »

I've definitely been taking full advantage of a lot of Wii/360/PS3 games dropping in price, but I still don't think it is prime time to collect for these consoles yet. I think in about 3-years when the 8th gen is in full swing and each console has grown into its own, prices on 7th gen games will plummet. We'll enjoy the super low prices that GC, PS2, and XBOX games were at a couple of years ago. Can't wait until then :)

argyle

« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2014, 03:17:32 pm »

I've definitely been taking full advantage of a lot of Wii/360/PS3 games dropping in price, but I still don't think it is prime time to collect for these consoles yet. I think in about 3-years when the 8th gen is in full swing and each console has grown into its own, prices on 7th gen games will plummet. We'll enjoy the super low prices that GC, PS2, and XBOX games were at a couple of years ago. Can't wait until then :)

I think it's a matter of price & availability balancing out.  Depending on your area that may not be a problem...but there are already some PS3 games that I want that I can't find around here (and they are far more expensive online than they would be if I could find them at a Gamestop).  That goes double for Wii.  Plus, I've been getting quite a few Wii & some PS3 games lately for $5 or less.  Hard to argue waiting with those kinds of prices.

That said, some of the "bigger" titles that are holding their value I'm definitely waiting on, such as most first-party Nintendo games I don't have. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »

I think it's a matter of price & availability balancing out.  Depending on your area that may not be a problem...but there are already some PS3 games that I want that I can't find around here (and they are far more expensive online than they would be if I could find them at a Gamestop).  That goes double for Wii.  Plus, I've been getting quite a few Wii & some PS3 games lately for $5 or less.  Hard to argue waiting with those kinds of prices.

That said, some of the "bigger" titles that are holding their value I'm definitely waiting on, such as most first-party Nintendo games I don't have.

You're definitely right on some of them holding their value. I can't see games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade Chronicles, or the Metroid Prime Trilogy dropping significantly in price anytime soon.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2014, 05:09:37 pm »
Don't forget, Best Buy is doing a deal on 3DS games, where you can buy a few first party titles where they are buy one get one free, White Wii U Pro controllers are down to 30 bucks, and if you buy one of the Wiimotes that are Mario branded, they get a 10 dollar gift card with them.  Got myself a Wii U Pro Controller as at the last hangout, we had issues figuring out the wiimotes to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2.  Worked fine with Mario Kart 8 though.  Not sure what happened with that.

90snostalga

« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2014, 05:35:24 pm »
I have not picked up this many games in a while!

Some of these I picked up at my local game store, but most of the others I bought on my trip to see my grandparents.  My grandpa likes to go to all the thrift stores and pawn shops so I ride along with him.  There is also a play and trade where I picked up a lot of the games.
2600:
Checkers
Slot Racers
Fire Fighter
Star Voyager
Night Driver
Congo Bongo
Atlantis
Home Run
N64
Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
Forsaken
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
SNES
SpinDizzy Worlds
Drakkhen
NES
Batman
Flight of the Intruder
PS1
Mega Man Legends ($3 dollars at a pawn shop!)
GB
WildSnake
PC
Elite Darts
My grandpa had also found a late 90s webpage builder sealed at a thrift shop that he gave me when we visited ha.  My HTML/CSS knowledge is more early 2000s quality level  :), but I love weird things like that.  Most of the games were commons, but they filled in some gaps in my collection and Mega Man Legends is my best find in quite a while.  Also the game store near me is FINALLY lowering prices on 2600 games.  I asked about a year ago and I was the only person buying any Atari stuff from them, and most of the time I passed on it as I did not want to pay $8 for a common game.  They marked most of them down to $1-$5 now so I pick up a few commons when I stop by.

Excellent finds!  :)

« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2014, 05:41:49 pm »

You're definitely right on some of them holding their value. I can't see games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade Chronicles, or the Metroid Prime Trilogy dropping significantly in price anytime soon.

Most expensive game i paid in the Lot was 10$ for XCOM. Most of them were paid about 5$ each. Not bad, I think ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:45:03 pm by elraiser »

argyle

« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2014, 06:09:16 pm »

Most expensive game i paid in the Lov was 10$ for XCOM. Most of them were paid about 5$ each. Not bad, I think ;)

In the what now?  ???

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »

Most expensive game i paid in the Lov was 10$ for XCOM. Most of them were paid about 5$ each. Not bad, I think ;)

In the what now?  ???

In the lot. Sorry for that.