Author Topic: Playing Games with The Boy  (Read 2329 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Playing Games with The Boy
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:10:10 am »
My son has discovered YouTube.  He's got it in his head that he's going to make videos and he's going to have lots of fans.   I thought I might be fun to get a 5 year old's opinion on retro games.  This may or may not have been inspired by the "Retro Games for Modern Kids" thread.

Here it is, Playing Games with The Boy: TMNT Hyperstone Heist.

scott

Re: Playing Games with The Boy
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:32:06 am »
Man I love this game and need to pick up a copy. Will watch later for sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:36:51 pm »
Your kid is super cute haha. Seems like you're very patient with him too! That was fun to watch  :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 03:35:37 pm »
Your kid is super cute haha. Seems like you're very patient with him too! That was fun to watch  :)

He actually told me, and I quote "I'm going to have lots of fans because they'll think I'm so cute".  He loved to doing it.  We did 2 last night and two more this afternoon.  I hope y'all enjoy watching these as much as we do making them.

The preschool is closed for 2 weeks, so I'm working half days and my wife's working half days.  You'll probably get several of these next week. 

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »
I recorded several videos with my son ( at the time he was 5 also ) and since then he asks when we are going to record again. He loved it. I had him play all sorts of retro games. It's fun to see how they react to the games you played as a kid. My favorite is him and his sister (at the time 3 and not caring about what was going on, just interested in Blaze's hair) playing Streets of Rage. I wish I would have recorded the first time he and I played through Contra together though. That was a blast!! I'll have to add that to my To-Do list.

Here's the playlist if anyone wants to check out the vids. 

http://bit.ly/1u2q91K
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 03:45:35 pm »
BTW, love the "ABOUT" description on your channel.

You've stumbled across a pretty random and useless channel.
The one thing I will promise you won't find on this channel is editing. Always one take with zero editing. This might be fun or it might be a train wreck. Here's hoping I don't end up a meme.

AHHHAHHAHHAAAA!!!!! Awesome!
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 01:52:30 am »
Ha that was a good video.  Looking forward to more videos!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 08:23:06 pm »
That's great if he can keep his interest in doing it!  My son will be all gung ho about something and then onto something else.  I wish this kid would have kept making videos:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4mEG6KJRg

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 07:05:50 pm »
I hope you guys like TMNT.  I know one kid that does.  For your viewing enjoyment, I give you Turtles in Time.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »
If anyone wants to add to the things we talk about in these videos, I'm accepting ideas.  I'm trying to get a feel of what he thinks about the games.  The only thing that really matters to him is whether it's fun or not.  He doesn't care if the graphics or sound are good.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 07:29:51 pm »
Adorable video of you and your son playing Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles IV, turf!

I do love the game myself but since I received my Genesis recently, I don't even want to play my Super Nintendo or bother expanding that collection anymore.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 07:40:41 pm »
Adorable!  Totally watched the whole thing :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »
Because he can't get enough Ninja Turtles right now, The Boy wants to share this with you. TMNT II: The Arcade Game

karyann

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 11:57:10 am »
I hope you guys like TMNT.  I know one kid that does.  For your viewing enjoyment, I give you Turtles in Time.

"They don't know that we started over" hahah  :) I love TMNT games too, your other video actually made me realise there is one on the Sega Genesis too. Gotta find it now!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 07:39:06 pm »

"They don't know that we started over" hahah  :) I love TMNT games too, your other video actually made me realise there is one on the Sega Genesis too. Gotta find it now!

On the first run of that video, I was adjusting the camera and hit the button that made it stop recording so we had to start over. He thinks everyone is watching him live. He doesn't understand recording and uploading even if he watches himself later.