Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34303 times)

spac316

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2014, 03:08:23 am »
Recently Bought Wario Blast for Game Boy and Orb 3D for NES!
And now my items are four ones, haha!

abe

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »
Finally found a copy of Cross Edge for the PS3. :D Really looking forward to playing it. Picked up a copy of Pokemon Diamond too while I was out.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »
Local used media place that we frequently frequent finally had their big sale--20% off of everything.  Took this as the opportunity to finally snag:

Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage for Dreamcast (complete)
999 for the DS (new)
and in the "why the hell not?" category, Legendary Wings for the NES.

I've been watching that Sword of the Berserk at that store for months.  The last couple times I did this, I ended up regretting it as the game I "held off on" was purchased after I foolishly passed on it.  One of them was TG-16 Splatterhouse.

The prices that Splatterhouse goes for nowadays I feel really isn't worth it. It's a cool game because of the horror elements. But the gameplay itself, really is kind of shallow. I'm glad I got it when it was cheap and got to play it. Or else I might have paid $50 to get it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »
Finally found a copy of Cross Edge for the PS3. :D

Maaaaaan   :-\

I'm so jealous that both you + Greg have a 1st playthrough of X-Edge (one of my favorite games --and-- The *Very Best* RPG combat system I've ever experienced), to look forward to  :o 

Couple of things to expect + tips:

- Expect a *steep* learning curve & in depth + complex systems and mechanics, also - be prepared to deal with some un-intuitive layouts & menus; Don't quit (and, if you're like me, you'll want to) before you get to that "A-Ha!" moment when everything finally 'clicks' and makes sense to you; it's worth wading through the frustrations...ALL of them  8)

- Expect characters from the Disgaea, Dark Stalkers, Ar tonelico, Mana Khemia, and some (lesser known) series; there's no need to have played any of them though, you'll just recognize more cameos & playable characters and, you'll be "in" on a few more of the nods, long-running gags, and inside jokes if you have.

- Expect to need to ask questions/get help...both of you guys know how to get in touch with me via PSN; don't be shy/strangers  ;)

- If you're interested in either getting its platinum (I did so...*Twice*) or seeing the best/"True" End - you will need to be following a guide *Closely*; this is no joke, it's impossible to do it w/o one!

- Multiple & Frequent saves; trust me  ;D

- There's A LOT of DLC for this game!  IMO, don't bother with any of the paid DLC (I never used/got/needed any of it) but *DO* Get the 4or 5 Free DLC "Extra/Bonus" Dungeons!...they're a Godsend for levelling & rare monsters, items, materials, and drops!

ENJOY!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »
Finally found a copy of Cross Edge for the PS3. :D

Maaaaaan   :-\

I'm so jealous that both you + Greg have a 1st playthrough of X-Edge (one of my favorite games --and-- The *Very Best* RPG combat system I've ever experienced), to look forward to  :o 

Couple of things to expect + tips:

- Expect a *steep* learning curve & in depth + complex systems and mechanics, also - be prepared to deal with some un-intuitive layouts & menus; Don't quit (and, if you're like me, you'll want to) before you get to that "A-Ha!" moment when everything finally 'clicks' and makes sense to you; it's worth wading through the frustrations...ALL of them  8)

- Expect characters from the Disgaea, Dark Stalkers, Ar tonelico, Mana Khemia, and some (lesser known) series; there's no need to have played any of them though, you'll just recognize more cameos & playable characters and, you'll be "in" on a few more of the nods, long-running gags, and inside jokes if you have.

- Expect to need to ask questions/get help...both of you guys know how to get in touch with me via PSN; don't be shy/strangers  ;)

- If you're interested in either getting its platinum (I did so...*Twice*) or seeing the best/"True" End - you will need to be following a guide *Closely*; this is no joke, it's impossible to do it w/o one!

- Multiple & Frequent saves; trust me  ;D

- There's A LOT of DLC for this game!  IMO, don't bother with any of the paid DLC (I never used/got/needed any of it) but *DO* Get the 4or 5 Free DLC "Extra/Bonus" Dungeons!...they're a Godsend for levelling & rare monsters, items, materials, and drops!

ENJOY!

I plan on enjoying it thoroughly. ;) I don't see how I couldn't enjoy a game that has both Etna and Morrigan Aensland. ;D

Thanks for the advice on the DLC! I would've never thought about checking for free DLC. While we're on the topic, many of the games in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series have useful free DLC too. To those of you who haven't gotten around to playing them yet, I'd recommend getting the [free] DLC first.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2014, 06:28:12 am »
Hah!

Morrigan's in my party from beginning to end!

Lily's in from when I get her until the end.

Etna...much as I love Disgaea, she just didn't work the best w/ my party.

But, you can pretty much make almost any party work & play as whoever you like.

If you're getting da plat...at your convenience - level up Troy, Felicia, and Lazarus' skills a bit, as that will make some later game trophies much easier.

Also, while it'll sound & seem like madness, you're better off playing on 'hard'.  You don't have to, to get any of the trophies - but, you'll make up a lot more than the time you spend re-loading & re-fighting in the beginning, once you get to the post game as it'll open up uber areas that you can't get on normal or easy  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

thekosmickollector

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2014, 10:07:07 am »

Fun fun fun! Went to a few charity shops and a car boot sale and found some damn cool stuff

PC
Flight Simulator 2000 - 50p
Shogun: Total War - £1.50
Constructor - 50p
Empire Earth - £1.50
Civilisation: Call to Power - £1.50
Fly! - 50p
Doom 3 - £2
Civilisation 4 - 50p (Unfortunately there was no disc inside and with the pretty poor quality of everything else I'd say this one was a loss)
RCT3 Gold Edition - £2

PS2
Ratchet & Clank - 50p
Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked and Loaded - 50p
Ratchet & Clank 3- 50p
Saint Seiya The Sanctuary - 50p

foxhack

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2014, 12:21:08 pm »
Civilisation 4 - 50p (Unfortunately there was no disc inside and with the pretty poor quality of everything else I'd say this one was a loss)

... not quite.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/3900/announcements/detail/1623859467317169608

You might be able to get a Steam key for the game. Also what do you mean there's a Saint Seiya game on teh PS2

azure

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2014, 12:51:45 pm »
Recently got a PSP and picked up a couple games for it, mostly SMT.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »

... not quite.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/3900/announcements/detail/1623859467317169608

You might be able to get a Steam key for the game. Also what do you mean there's a Saint Seiya game on teh PS2

Indeed there is! Not sure what the deal is with where it came out and such and I haven't been able to play it yet but by the looks of things it's a fighting game kinda like the DBZ Budokai games

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »
I forgot to check the mail yesterday. Just got home, and grabbed it and look what was waiting for me inside! It made this retro-gamer's day!

I won these in an eBay auction for only $3.99, really looking forward to reading them. The Game Players issue is over 200 pages! They just don't make them like that anymore. And I have never read an issue of Sega Visions before.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:01:42 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2014, 04:59:36 pm »
So this was one of my more unique trades lol Friend found it at a garage sale and I traded for it with Pikmin 2.  The sword does have a busted guard on it, but I might be able to fix that by essentially breaking the other side off, making a mold of it, and then making the new part out of something like resin or more easily a hot glue mold, though most likely resin for a better and easier finish.  I'm then considering down the road looking at painting the two their proper colors, but I'll have to maybe get some pro help on that to make sure I'm doing it all right.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2014, 06:43:23 pm »
I have nothing current gen except 4 3DS games (but they're damn good games!)

I refuse to pay $300+ for a console.

maximo310

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »
I have nothing current gen except 4 3DS games (but they're damn good games!)

I refuse to pay $300+ for a console.
I agree, that's why I'm waiting for price drops and more games to come out before I get a PS4/ or XboxUno. There's just not a lot of games in their libraries that really interest me in the moment to put that kind of money down right now.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2014, 08:27:04 pm »
found these at NYCC Virtua Racing Deluxe w/box for the 32x, Tomb Raider for the Saturn, and Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for the Dreamcast. Also the Soundtracks for Castlevania: Mirror of Faith, Devil May Cry 4 and Tomb Raider (reboot) all of those things for around $10 each, I also got a Lab Coat Zombie Resident Evil Figure for $18