Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34765 times)

maximo310

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2014, 08:38:08 pm »
Not much for today in particular, but I did find Halo 2 on Xbox, Prince of Persian Forgotten Sands on 360, and Lord of the Rings Conquest on 360 at the Salvation Army for a buck a piece.  Don't know if those last two are any good as I might keep them.  Happy for the price though as just before this I had noticed they had some poor PS2 games up in the counter for like 7 bucks a pop, but now they are back to just not caring about the prices.  This one in particular has always been rather bipolar with its pricing lol

Shame the one that tends to get more games in is pricing them higher lately along with any systems.  50 bucks for a PS1? No...that's not good...
Yeah I don't get that at all at thrift stores. Sometimes my goodwill near my house does that bipolar pricing+practices where a music album you want has no disc in it, or they want to charge $90 for a as-is xbox 360 in the box, or $60 for a as-is original xbox, while other times I found working consoles for $10 or less. I don't like how there is no way to test to see if your purchase works before you leave the store, and their moving of items to shopgoodwill.com to get more revenue. One of the employees I talked too pretty much told me that hold items back to put in my Goodwill store since he disagrees with their policy on the online auction site and wants to give people the option to purchase some stuff for cheap.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2014, 08:38:46 pm »
DOUBLE POST because Super Mod Foxhack doesn't have internet!

Found out a dirty little secret my wife was keeping. She couldn't keep it from me any longer.

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (Wii)
The World Ends With You (DS)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley (3DS)
Fisher Price: Firehouse Rescue (NES)

And there you have it. A secret uncovered.

argyle

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »

Found out a dirty little secret my wife was keeping. She couldn't keep it from me any longer.

After I picked mine up I did a search out of curiosity, and every GS store in town now says they have One Piece Unlimited Adventure in stock. So it's looking like a reprint.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2014, 12:00:26 am »

After I picked mine up I did a search out of curiosity, and every GS store in town now says they have One Piece Unlimited Adventure in stock. So it's looking like a reprint.
Hmm that's pretty interesting. No wonder I saw 2 copies at some GS the other day. Wonder why they decided to do a reprint now, 6 years after the game got released in NA?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:03:43 am by maximo310 »

argyle

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2014, 12:15:34 am »

Hmm that's pretty interesting. No wonder I saw 2 copies at some GS the other day. Wonder why they decided to do a reprint now, 6 years after the game got released in NA?

Yeah, it is weird. I wonder if there's any chance any other rare Wii games will get reprints?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2014, 12:20:59 am »
Oh I did forget another I got in.  I ordered from the ddrgame.com website and order myself a more heavy duty dance pad.  I thought it was gonna be abit thicker as it said EVA foam and being that I've used EVA foam for craft projects, I was expecting it to have a good bit of added padding, but it is far more durable feeling compared to the default pad and it works on GC/Wii, PC, PS2, and Xbox.  Now to get going on my exercise routine lol

maximo310

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2014, 12:22:54 am »

Yeah, it is weird. I wonder if there's any chance any other rare Wii games will get reprints?
I would actually be cool for that if some of those hard to get games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, or Elebits. I know that Gamestop usually doesn't do many reprints for their games, but it would still be cool in terms of lowering the price overall for the specific game and letting more people play those games.

davifus

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2014, 12:44:15 am »
Oh I did forget another I got in.  I ordered from the ddrgame.com website and order myself a more heavy duty dance pad.  I thought it was gonna be abit thicker as it said EVA foam and being that I've used EVA foam for craft projects, I was expecting it to have a good bit of added padding, but it is far more durable feeling compared to the default pad and it works on GC/Wii, PC, PS2, and Xbox.  Now to get going on my exercise routine lol

Everytime I see a DDR machine/Pad. I really would like to own a DDR arcade Machine with DDR Extreme 2 being my favorite.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:46:17 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:02 am »

Everytime I see a DDR machine/Pad. I really would like to own a DDR arcade Machine with DDR Extreme 2 being my favorite.

I've never really played DDR more than like once or twice in all the time it has been around, once in the arcade and once trying my sisters on Xbox, but I'd love to have one of those full arcade machines.  I'd be awful at it, but those are some cool machines lol

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2014, 11:08:59 am »
Just welcomed my pre-ordered copy of

Tales of Hearts R

to the family.

Anyone know wtf the "R"'s for  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2014, 11:36:21 am »

Tales of Hearts R

to the family.

Reborn?
Radiant?
Republic?
Racer?
Rock?
Robots?
Roman?
Refrigerator?

Raccoon!

abe

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2014, 11:41:44 am »

Tales of Hearts R

to the family.

I'm assuming it's "R" as in "Remake", seeing as it's a remake of Tales of Hearts for the DS. Tales of Innocence on the DS also got an "R" version for the Vita, though I haven't heard anything about a localization for it. I hope we'll get it over here eventually, maybe we will if Hearts R does well enough.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:43:53 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2014, 12:35:31 pm »

Tales of Hearts R

to the family.

Reborn?
Radiant?
Republic?
Racer?
Rock?
Robots?
Roman?
Refrigerator?

Raccoon!

redundant  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:46 pm »
got Valkyrie Profile: Lennethfor the PSP and I got my first Vita game Tales of Heart R... now I just need a Vita so I could play it... which will be sometime after Persona Q and Super Smash bros for Wii U come out.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:51:45 pm by redblaze57 »

spac316

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2014, 01:11:27 am »
Just got Halo: Master Chief Collection today.