Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34759 times)

Warmsignal

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2014, 02:15:41 am »
Tales of Hearts R... because screw letting another Xenoblade happen. I was even given someone's pre-order. :-X But only because they were supposed to have 2 in stock.  ;)

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2014, 12:21:56 pm »
Tales of Hearts R... because screw letting another Xenoblade happen. I was even given someone's pre-order. :-X But only because they were supposed to have 2 in stock.  ;)

I don't think this will happen for one reason, it's a handheld. Handheld games, even really rare ones rarely fetch the kind of money they would if they were on a console. Still, I can see it maintaining its value for a while.

soera

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »
Had a decent delivery night the other night so I went and bought a personal weakness item : Bayonetta 2. Been fantasizing about playing this game for weeks. Im going to start it soon now. :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2014, 12:32:26 pm »

I don't think this will happen for one reason, it's a handheld. Handheld games, even really rare ones rarely fetch the kind of money they would if they were on a console. Still, I can see it maintaining its value for a while.

That.

Plus, it's also available digitally.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2014, 01:12:43 pm »
Had a decent delivery night the other night so I went and bought a personal weakness item : Bayonetta 2. Been fantasizing about playing this game for weeks. Im going to start it soon now. :D

Let me know if it lives up to the hype.  It's near the top of my short list.

Warmsignal

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:35 pm »

That.

Plus, it's also available digitally.

It still contains the recipe of being mostly a collector's item among physical games. Niche title, unpopular platform, and low print run. :D Although, I will give you that handheld holds less value in the collecting world, typically. I'm trying to think of a handheld game that now exceeds retail value.

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »
Went to spend the last of my credit at the game store, so I picked up two hardback strategy guides the guy was gonna put out, the Twilight Princess one still wrapped up! I really like the minimal style to them with just the Tri-Force symbol and design on the fronts.  Also I kinda noticed that Skyward Sword is half the size.  I wonder if that means Twilight Princess is twice as packed with content? I remember Skyward Sword lacking abit, but it's been too long since I played either.

Also grabbed two more DDR games to add some variety to my exercise routine, bringing me up to 4 games.  Not sure how many more are left to grab along with any PS1 releases.

And finally when I went to pay off my Smash Bros and Link Amiibo pre-order, I grabbed Motorstorm on PS3 for a buck, because it was a buck.

CRAP...I just realized I already had DDRMAX2.  I apparently read my VGcollect app wrong lol Noooo! 2 dollars wasted! Wasted I say!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:38:42 pm by kamikazekeeg »

insektmute

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »
I haven't been able to buy much in awhile, but did just snag Tales of Hearts R :)

Handheld or no, since GameStop controls the supply and distribution, they'll probably do what they did with Xenoblade and hold onto half the stock, then sell them later at a massive premium.

abe

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2014, 03:58:21 pm »
Got my copy of Tales of Hearts R in the mail. Also picked up some cheap PS3 games, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Quantum Theory.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »
Just bought the original Far Cry and Far Cry 3 Deluxe for Steam for a bit less than six dollars. I traded some other stuff to get the cash so they basically only cost me a buck. :p

insektmute

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2014, 05:44:55 pm »
I gave in and ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition. Technically a pre-order, but it's out in 3 days and I'm playing the series on PC, so it's all digital anyway :p

spac316

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2014, 08:41:23 pm »
Recently got ToeJam & Earl and Toki: Going Ape Spit for Genesis. Found a couple N64 game manuals as well!

(Halo: MCC also pictured)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:47:17 pm by spac316 »

theflea

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2014, 03:56:54 am »
Picked up some pre-orders, Target had a Buy 2 get 1 free sale, had a few finds from a local used game store and something came in the mail.

XBONE
- Assassin's Creed Unity - Collector's Edition
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection

WiiU
- Mario Kart 8

VITA
- Tales of Hearts R

XB360
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue
- Final Fantasy XI Online: Ultimate Collection - Seekers Edition

PSP
- Phantasy Star Portable 2

NDS
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

PS2
- One Piece: Pirates Carnival

SNES
- Super Star Wars

NES
A Leisure Suit Larry homebrew for the NES by RetroUSB 
- Larry and the Long Look for a Luscious Lover

"Happy game hunting!!!"

jcalder8

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »
It's been awhile so here are some pics: Most of the items were bought from Target during a Buy 2 get a 3rd free sale they had

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »

I've heard great things about BioShock. Here's to hoping it lives up to the hype. I'm a big sci-fi fan, so it's right up my alley.

I've always been a sucker for super-hero games, since I'm a lifelong comic fan. And I've heard that Thor is one of the better ones, and done by Sega. Looking forward to it.

Brain Age 2 was only $1 at GameStop, so why not? I've never played a Brain Age game before, but from what I understand it's just a collection of fun little brain-teasers and puzzles.

And I needed a new handheld game, because I'm blowing through MechAssault: Phantom War in no time. Double Dragon was cheap, and who doesn't like Double Dragon?