Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34756 times)

argyle

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 05:27:07 am »

Got Heavenly Sword from GS, and should be getting Gulity Gear XX Accent Core Plus for the Wii in a few days, once they get from one of their stores 100 miles away. It's disk only, but I'll taking considering how hard it is to find in my area.

There's no copies of GG within 100 miles of me, so I'd say it's hard to find anywhere. I'd make an exception for that one too (and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the non-Plus version a few months back when a store near me had it for $2 :( ).

Yeah, it seems like there's only one other copy of this game in California down past San Diego, so I feel like I got lucky that no one picked it up over the last few months. On a side note, I heard that Accent Core Plus is quite expensive for a wii (and even a ps2) game even for disc only, so I'm guessing its pretty rare.

Reminds me, I don't think I told this story here - a couple weeks back I saw that a GS store in my region (within 100 miles) was showing that it had a copy of Ju-On for the Wii in stock. I swung by my local store intending to see if they would get it transferred over but forgot the info I needed (what store had it, etc.). That was on a Weds, and I knew I was stopping back by that Friday anyway to pickup Bayonetta 2 so I just told the guy I'd bring the info then. So I did, and when he looks it up he goes "Hrm, it shows here a different store has it, but maybe your info from the web is more accurate so I'll try calling that store first." Turns out that store DID have it - but someone from a different store had already gotten it transferred for one of their customers.  :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2014, 11:47:43 am »

I picked this little treasure up on my last visit to my local Goodwill for only $4, along with Terminator: Salvation (DVD), Metallica: Garage Inc. (CD), and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2) (which was my 100th PS2 title in my collection! This is a first for me getting into the triple-digits!). It's one of those over-sized coffee-table books. I love Goodwill!

I also ebayed MechAssault: Phantom War for DS. It was on my top 10 most wanted games list, and it's dirt-cheap. So there really was no reason not to get it. I loved the XBox titles, I'm hoping this one is just as destructive and fun of a playground as those were.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:49:56 am by burningdoom »

maximo310

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »

Got Heavenly Sword from GS, and should be getting Gulity Gear XX Accent Core Plus for the Wii in a few days, once they get from one of their stores 100 miles away. It's disk only, but I'll taking considering how hard it is to find in my area.

There's no copies of GG within 100 miles of me, so I'd say it's hard to find anywhere. I'd make an exception for that one too (and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the non-Plus version a few months back when a store near me had it for $2 :( ).

Yeah, it seems like there's only one other copy of this game in California down past San Diego, so I feel like I got lucky that no one picked it up over the last few months. On a side note, I heard that Accent Core Plus is quite expensive for a wii (and even a ps2) game even for disc only, so I'm guessing its pretty rare.

Reminds me, I don't think I told this story here - a couple weeks back I saw that a GS store in my region (within 100 miles) was showing that it had a copy of Ju-On for the Wii in stock. I swung by my local store intending to see if they would get it transferred over but forgot the info I needed (what store had it, etc.). That was on a Weds, and I knew I was stopping back by that Friday anyway to pickup Bayonetta 2 so I just told the guy I'd bring the info then. So I did, and when he looks it up he goes "Hrm, it shows here a different store has it, but maybe your info from the web is more accurate so I'll try calling that store first." Turns out that store DID have it - but someone from a different store had already gotten it transferred for one of their customers.  :(
Oh man, that really sucks considering how rare of a game that one is for the wii. I recently hit a few Gamestops up in the San Fernando Valley since I had time to kill before a ps3 deal with a friend. In those shops, most of the Wii games were stuff I already had, games were marked as new that didn't have the manual, or in some cases like ps3 games( like a cib valkyria chronicles) they increased the price of the game past the official price( so it was $25). I tried to ask them about these problems, but the employees just ignored me or wouldn't answer my questions and I walked out empty-handed. I can honestly say that their website can be pretty screwed up when you try to pick up pre-owned games at stores, since sometimes when I put in a request to hold those games, sometimes the employees couldn't find it after several hours, but then when I got to the store and asked in person, they would have it out in less than 5 minutes.

maximo310

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »

I picked this little treasure up on my last visit to my local Goodwill for only $4, along with Terminator: Salvation (DVD), Metallica: Garage Inc. (CD), and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2) (which was my 100th PS2 title in my collection! This is a first for me getting into the triple-digits!). It's one of those over-sized coffee-table books. I love Goodwill!

I also ebayed MechAssault: Phantom War for DS. It was on my top 10 most wanted games list, and it's dirt-cheap. So there really was no reason not to get it. I loved the XBox titles, I'm hoping this one is just as destructive and fun of a playground as those were.

Haha I found that Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition at my Goodwill as well, but its' the 2010 edition.

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »
So this happened this morning

Bought from a local collector for $100 out the door. Shenmue II alone made it a great deal :)

davifus

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »
Shenmue II had a DC English release? or is that Jap?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2014, 03:16:35 pm »
Looks EU on the picture

maximo310

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2014, 03:31:52 pm »
Well, they were planning a DC North American release for the game. However, the Dreamcast got discontinued so they only had time for a Japanese+ the European Dreamcast release, which has the original Japanese voices with subs. The version we got in America was for the original Xbox, and had its own dub for voices, and apparently sold poorly as well.

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2014, 03:55:35 pm »
Well, they were planning a DC North American release for the game. However, the Dreamcast got discontinued so they only had time for a Japanese+ the European Dreamcast release, which has the original Japanese voices with subs. The version we got in America was for the original Xbox, and had its own dub for voices, and apparently sold poorly as well.

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't just give us the same subbed version Europe got, but luckily we did end up getting and dubbed on the XBOX, although many people believe part of the reason Shenmue died as a series was because of it being released on the original XBOX here in NA.

I have wanted the PAL Shenmue II for such a long time, and am so happy I finally have it. I would like to own every release of Shenmue someday, this is a good start.

davifus

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »
I knew Shenmue II had a Jap release and Xbox release but not Europe. How much does the EU Shenmue II go for?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2014, 04:12:48 pm »
I knew Shenmue II had a Jap release and Xbox release but not Europe. How much does the EU Shenmue II go for?
It's pretty expensive actually since I don't think too many copies were made. The lowest I've found that was complete was on Amazon for $85+ 4 shipping, and most of the other listings are in the $90-100 range. Even the japanese version of the game goes for mostly $40+, although I found one copy around $32 bucks. If you have the money+ methods to import it, I would get the euro dreamcast version, but if you don't want to spend too much, then stick with the xbox version.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2014, 04:51:45 pm »
yeah I've actually passed on quite a few copies of shenmue 2 on xbox here. don't really know why now that I think of it, they're usually like 5 bucks or even cheaper when I find them

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »
is shenmue II better than the first one?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2014, 06:10:26 pm »
is shenmue II better than the first one?

It definitely boils down to personal opinion, but yes, I liked Shenmue II more than the first. It probably has to do with how much better the pacing is in the second, but also Lucky Hit lol.

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2014, 06:11:27 pm »
yeah I've actually passed on quite a few copies of shenmue 2 on xbox here. don't really know why now that I think of it, they're usually like 5 bucks or even cheaper when I find them

Yeah, I find them quite often too, usually for really cheap. I think they typically go for like $15 -$20 CIB online, which still beats how much the import versions cost.