Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34891 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2014, 10:02:55 pm »
Didn't anybody see the glorious guns I picked up at the thrift store? *sniff* :~~(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2014, 10:05:52 pm »
Didn't anybody see the glorious guns I picked up at the thrift store? *sniff* :~~(

They were beautiful.  Sorry to hijack the world.

argyle

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2014, 04:37:22 am »
I snagged a couple of used 360 games last night in anticipation of getting the system back (supposedly today).  A local GS had nice copies of Bullet Witch & Akai Katana. Unfortunately BW is missing the manual, but since it was only $5 & this was the only local store that had it (and it at least had its case & a really good condition disk) I went ahead & grabbed it. Will just be on the lookout for a manual to complete it.

Oh! I also grabbed a used/complete Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Will be returning the game today & keeping the case - I figure since GS doesn't care if the case is there or not anyway AND I bought my cart-only copy from a GS years ago, they owe me. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2014, 06:44:05 am »
I still love ya Turf!

Evil?

Not evil?

Who am I to judge?

I'd have done the same, though ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:24 am »
I dont think anything bad of you Turf. If I had known about the mistake pricing and was able to get a $100 PS4 myself, I would have.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2014, 10:32:42 am »
I bought PC version of Tomb Raider collectors edition survival kit for 20€ brand new  8).

foxhack

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2014, 01:49:19 pm »
Holy cow a real physical find!

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PC/Mac) for two bucks, brand new.

karyann

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2014, 02:14:21 pm »

There's guns in thrift stores in the US?  :o What

foxhack

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »

At pawn shops, but thrift stores?

And he meant these. I have a couple but they refused to work with my Konami gun games for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:40:16 pm by foxhack »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2014, 03:39:16 pm »
I saw a .22 rifle at Goodwill.

karyann

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2014, 07:55:09 pm »

And he meant these. I have a couple but they refused to work with my Konami gun games for some reason.

Haha I seem to have missed that, thanks for pointing it out!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2014, 12:17:35 am »

First try these didn't work with Area 51. The problem for me was I plugged them in after I turned the console on. They have to be plugged in before. Probably not the problem you had but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Picked up these for myself on the way home from work tonight:

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2014, 12:21:28 am »
Boom! Smash!

Are amiibo's in the database?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:22:59 am by kamikazekeeg »

foxhack

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2014, 12:22:34 am »
First try these didn't work with Area 51. The problem for me was I plugged them in after I turned the console on. They have to be plugged in before. Probably not the problem you had but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I believe my issue was some sort of hardware incompatibility. Nothing other than the official Konami guns would work on their games, but the Guncon stuff worked fine.

Oh boy, 24 The Game. That's something I wish had gotten a PC port. It runs fine on the PS2 but it's kinda weird feeling, like it wasn't properly converted to work on NTSC systems (the dev was European.)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2014, 12:26:29 am »

I believe my issue was some sort of hardware incompatibility. Nothing other than the official Konami guns would work on their games, but the Guncon stuff worked fine.

Oh boy, 24 The Game. That's something I wish had gotten a PC port. It runs fine on the PS2 but it's kinda weird feeling, like it wasn't properly converted to work on NTSC systems (the dev was European.)

The regular cobra is a Konami mode only. The Super is selectable but you have to make the proper selection before powering the system on. If you change your selection after power up the gun will not be recognized as either.

Plowed through Area 51 with the boy last night. It was glorious. Even if his accuracy (with a properly calibrated light gun) was only 17%.