Author Topic: Games or Franchises that need a sequel.  (Read 7943 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Games or Franchises that need a sequel.
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2014, 02:01:40 pm »
Brütal Legend. \m/ \m/

Abso-freaking-lutely!

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »
This is a great idea for a thread!  I've got a few suggestions:

Kirby Blockball (GB) - A sequel would look awesome on 3DS in full color
Point Blank (PS1) - This whole series is amazing and one of the best light gun games ever.  The series was never about fancy graphics, but it is a real shame that it is not on consoles or in arcades anymore.
Blast Corps (N64) - Its been a long time since I played it, but it was a lot of the fun back in the day and would definitely benefit from HD graphics.
Bully (PS2) - While the title is a bit passe now, this was a really fun and unique game.  Definitely one of my favorite open-world games of all time.
The Bouncer (PS2) - It has its flaws, but I still thought it was a fun game and one that could have been improved in a sequel.
Okami (PS2) - This has been said but it definitely deserves one.
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) - While it got sequels, none of them compare to the original and the kiddie story and tone deviated way too far from the original.

When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

abe

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »

Point Blank (PS1) - This whole series is amazing and one of the best light gun games ever.  The series was never about fancy graphics, but it is a real shame that it is not on consoles or in arcades anymore.
Blast Corps (N64) - Its been a long time since I played it, but it was a lot of the fun back in the day and would definitely benefit from HD graphics.
Bully (PS2) - While the title is a bit passe now, this was a really fun and unique game.  Definitely one of my favorite open-world games of all time.
The Bouncer (PS2) - It has its flaws, but I still thought it was a fun game and one that could have been improved in a sequel.
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) - While it got sequels, none of them compare to the original and the kiddie story and tone deviated way too far from the original.

Okami has a direct sequel already. It's called Okamiden, and it's on the DS.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »

Okami has a direct sequel already. It's called Okamiden, and it's on the DS.

I haven't played Okamiden yet though it is on my to buy list and I'm looking forward to playing it soon.  I should have clarified that I would like to see another game in the series, even if it was about different characters than Amaterasu and Issun.  Part of the reason I included Okami on this list is that I don't think we'll ever see another game in the series which is a shame.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

bobster

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2014, 02:23:58 pm »
Now that I look back we need a Crazy Taxi 3
There actually was a third one. It was on the Xbox (and windows apparently). I have it, but haven't given it a shot yet.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

maximo310

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2014, 04:25:07 pm »
Now that I look back we need a Crazy Taxi 3
There actually was a third one. It was on the Xbox (and windows apparently). I have it, but haven't given it a shot yet.
The only way to play the pc port is to get the european version, which has the same performance issues as the Xbox version but its pretty cheap to pick up either version. This game also got ported to the arcades for Sega's Chihiro arcade board based off the Xbox with some upgraded ram, and apparently is the best version out of the three but its going to take a long time before that version can be properly emulated.

insektmute

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »
I don't think many people were big fans of the series, but I'd really love to see another Fear Effect game. Kronos Digital had been working on a 3rd, but Eidos killed their funding and they folded shortly after. I think Square-Enix has the rights now, but 13 years after the fact, it's probably as likely as another core Parasite Eve game :/

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 06:23:47 pm »
I would sell my firstborn for another Siren game. Really sad that the rumors of a Siren for the PS4 turned out to be false.

Would also love to have a Nier 2, a Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy 2, a Conker's Bad Fur Day 2, another Clock Tower that wasn't terrible. I could go on and on.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 01:56:00 am »
Wow, I'm surprised I haven't commented on this. Here are a few games that need sequels:

Shenmue 2
Shenmue 2
Shenmue 2
Shenmue 2
Shenmue 2
Shenmue 2

ahh, yeah. . . lol

but a few others would be:

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Metal Gear Rising
Panzer Dragoon orta
Capcom vs. SNK 2

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 02:07:23 pm »
Panzer Dragoon orta

Crimson Dragon on Xbox One.

insektmute

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2014, 02:26:14 pm »
I would sell my firstborn for another Siren game. Really sad that the rumors of a Siren for the PS4 turned out to be false.

Would also love to have a Nier 2, a Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy 2, a Conker's Bad Fur Day 2, another Clock Tower that wasn't terrible. I could go on and on.

Glad to see someone else snagged a copy of the uncensored EU release of Blood Siren. I'd also love to see them put out another Siren game, but sadly, I don't think that series ever quite found its place among the Fatal Frame/Resident Evil/Silent Hill troika... not enough to solidify a sequel, anyway.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2014, 12:29:12 am »
^ I actually didn't know the NA (?) version was censored, haha. I just bought the EU version because I wanted a physical copy in English. That's certainly a nice bonus!

It kind of makes me sad that Siren never really caught on. It's my favorite survival horror series, and I love survival horror. Wonderfully creepy and very original. Still haven't managed to play more than a few minutes of the second one, though. I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to importing and playing PAL games that aren't for a region-free console.

EDIT: Didn't realize I was necroing the thread. Sorry!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.