Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47462 times)

Re: amiibo
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2014, 11:09:19 pm »
only need pikachu zelda marth and villager. (out of whats release)

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2014, 11:37:03 pm »
I only need Mario and Yoshi for what is currently out, and have everything from wave 2 preordered, and everything from wave 3 preordered expect Dedede and Rosalina.

bobster

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2014, 05:05:50 pm »
I managed to snag a Diddy Kong at Target yesterday, so with that, and my preorders, I have all of wave 2 covered. Wave 3 I still need a bunch from, but I got the exclusives nailed down except for Rosalina. Hopefully between now and February I can preorder the rest. Also need to pick up a couple commons from Wave 1 still. Gosh this is complicated!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2014, 03:13:41 am »
Heard recently that besides Princess Peach, Luigi also has a defect.  No left hand.

I wonder how much that "defect" would net on eBay?

Not a collector or even own a Wii U, just heard about it and since the subject was amiibo-related.

Although...  Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Luigi, Yoshi, and Kirby definitely are making me think otherwise.  Especially if they'd release Golden Sun and Advance Wars characters.  Isaac, Jenna, Matthew, Felix, Garet, Ivan, and Mia.  Andy, Eagle, Grit, and Kanbei.  I realize amiibos are game-related but a guy can dream.   ::)

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2014, 05:28:54 pm »
YES!!!!!!
Rosalina preordered :D

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2014, 06:31:36 pm »
Heard recently that besides Princess Peach, Luigi also has a defect.  No left hand.

Saw an image of Marth with two swords! Basically they attached two right arms. Looks bad ass though.

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2014, 06:34:38 pm »
I'm also kinda pissed that the local stores still haven't gotten wave 2 figures yet. (Maine)

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2014, 07:35:56 pm »
I really regret not jumping on the Amiibo bandwagon sooner... Is there anywhere that has a definitive list of everything that's out, upcoming, and rare?

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »
I really regret not jumping on the Amiibo bandwagon sooner... Is there anywhere that has a definitive list of everything that's out, upcoming, and rare?

Only ones released right now is the first wave along with Little Mac, Diddy Kong, and Zelda for the second wave.  Sometime in the next week or two, Pit, Luigi, and Captain Falcon will be out.  Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are the rare ones from Season 1.  Season 2's seems to be Little Mac, likely Pit, I'm hearing Diddy Kong is weirdly tough to find.  Small chance Captain Falcon could be rare also.  I've begun to also hear that oddly Donkey Kong and Samus could start fading out.  Samus I understand, she has no new game, but Donkey Kong just had a hit with Tropical Freeze, but I guess it involves lasting popularity as characters with upcoming games are bound to stay along with all the main Mario and Zelda figures.

Nintendo basically really screwed up with the Amiibo release.  I'm hoping they sort things out better by the third wave.  They have to realize that creating so few figures isn't great.

karyann

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:42 am »
Nintendo basically really screwed up with the Amiibo release.  I'm hoping they sort things out better by the third wave.  They have to realize that creating so few figures isn't great.

This. Also, why the hell did they not even officially announce the release date of Wave 2? And why the heck did they split the wave into 2 releases? ANd WHY did they announce a specific date for wave 3 BEFORE announcing it for wave 2? I have too many questions. They really did screw up on this, for now at least  :-\

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 10:27:14 am »
Amiibo wave 2 comes out tomorow in Europe, which characters should I pick up from the the 2nd wave before they become rare?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 05:50:34 pm »
Amiibo wave 2 comes out tomorow in Europe, which characters should I pick up from the the 2nd wave before they become rare?

Little Mac, Pit, and probably Captain Falcon first and foremost.  Diddy I heard might be not be prominent either.  It's a small wave, so it's easy to get them all for this one as that only leaves Zelda and Luigi, of which I'm still seeing Zelda around, so not rare, and Luigi is likely not rare also.

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:31 pm »

Little Mac, Pit, and probably Captain Falcon first and foremost.  Diddy I heard might be not be prominent either.  It's a small wave, so it's easy to get them all for this one as that only leaves Zelda and Luigi, of which I'm still seeing Zelda around, so not rare, and Luigi is likely not rare also.

Speaking of Luigi, I saw him at my local Toys R Us this evening. Didn't pick it up for this reason and because I have him preordered on Amazon.

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2014, 12:23:58 am »

Speaking of Luigi, I saw him at my local Toys R Us this evening. Didn't pick it up for this reason and because I have him preordered on Amazon.

I have Captain Falcon on pre-order from Gamestop, so I should get a call if they have them released, though nothing yet.  Gonna be like the first part where no one knows when they are releasing lol

Basically, the best thing anyone could do for the third wave, is pre-order everything you want or specifically pre-order the possible rare ones.  I'd say for third wave...Ike and Dedede.  Sonic and Mega Man have a chance to be also, since they aren't even Nintendo characters.  Toon Link, Bowser, and Shiek should be alright I think.  Not sure about the retailer exclusives.  With how they are selling out months ahead of time, they could be impossible to get even if you want them now as there is no saying how much of a stock they'll actually get in store.

Third wave for me, is Shulk, Ike, Mega Man, Sonic, Toon Link, and Shiek.  Possibly Bowser also since I'm likely to get the Mario characters.  I'd grab Rosalina if she wasn't impossible to pre-order now.

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2014, 01:53:47 am »
The Completionist and some followers just said they had their amiibo pre-orders cancelled at Toys R' Us.  It's possible they might've overdone their pre-orders for them, so keep out for emails from them if you have stuff pre-ordered from Toys R' Us.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/18/best-buy-representative-teases-more-amiibo-exclusives-are-coming/

And from that, it says we'll likely see more exclusives in the future, possibly guaranteeing even more stocking issues with figures.  DAMMIT NINTENDO!  Make sure these stores have enough freaking figures!  People are gonna lose faith in these if the same issues arise in future waves.