Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47461 times)

abe

Re: amiibo
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2015, 06:38:57 pm »
If you are wanting Shulk, Gamestop is doing another pre-order wave for him with a shipping date of May. 

http://www.destructoid.com/shulk-amiibo-pre-orders-are-open-for-a-second-wave-at-gamestop-287593.phtml

Awesome. Hopefully EB Games in Canada puts up a second wave of Shulk preorders too. I missed out on getting one the first time for a stupid reason. :-[ I thought I could take my time when I saw it up for preorder the first time, but I learned the hard way that you need to preorder Amiibos as soon as they are available. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »
Just Dedede and Meta Knight and Wave 3 is done!

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2015, 11:23:56 pm »
All I got left coming out is Mega Man and that'll be it other than Toad, but I'm not pre-ordering him, just gonna try and grab him when he releases.

argyle

« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2015, 12:23:24 am »
Just Dedede and Meta Knight and Wave 3 is done!

Wow - I currently have Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk, Toon Link & Sheik from Wave 3. I have the rest (except for Sonic, gonna have to track him down) preordered at GS, but they haven't gotten any of the others in yet. Where did you get yours?

Also, to anyone still looking for Rosalina - I *still* have my spare, and I really need a Captain Falcon. Would love to make that trade!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2015, 02:04:32 am »

Wow - I currently have Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk, Toon Link & Sheik from Wave 3. I have the rest (except for Sonic, gonna have to track him down) preordered at GS, but they haven't gotten any of the others in yet. Where did you get yours?

Also, to anyone still looking for Rosalina - I *still* have my spare, and I really need a Captain Falcon. Would love to make that trade!  ;D

All over the place lol.

I've preordered almost all of them from Amazon (except in-store exclusives of course), with the exception of Dedede which I have preordered on target.com. I'm still going to try and grab him at TRU tomorrow though. If they have a Sonic I can grab I'll pick it up for you. I'd just sell it to you at cost + shipping if I'm lucky enough to snag one :)

karyann

« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2015, 06:42:20 pm »
If anyone in Canada knows how to get their hands on Lucario, please poke me  :-\ Toys R Us didn't take online pre-orders nor in-store ones, at least not here. And of course, everything was gone from the store the second it opened. I'd really love to get my hands on one, he's pretty much the one I wanted most!

soera

« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »
I just got a shipping notice for Meta Knight. :)

bobster

« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »
I just got a shipping notice for Meta Knight. :)
Yup I was told mine is available for pickup tomorrow :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

bobster

« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2015, 05:20:39 pm »
Sorry to double post, but I just got an automated message from GameStop that King Dedede is in such hi demand that they can't fulfill my pre-order. Apparently I won't get one until later in the summer  >:(.

bobster

« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2015, 02:09:28 pm »
Triple post yay!

Someone on reddit created an Amiibo tracker website. It'll tell you if any of the Amiibos are available online from a couple different places. Nifty!

http://amiibotrackr.com/

Edit: For grammar.

« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2015, 07:14:04 pm »
I hadn't thought of this, but Amiibo's will be getting price drops! So far, only three have, and it doesn't seem to be quite widespread yet, but Peach, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong should be at 10 bucks now instead of the default 13 (or 14 at Toys R Us, but they tend to sell them in triple packs for a cheaper price).

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-lowers-msrp-for-three-amiibo-288022.phtml

abe

« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2015, 02:55:58 pm »
I don't know if this is old news or not, but I noticed today when I went to EB Games that they're starting to accept trade-ins on Amiibo and other interactive figures. I'm sure that it means GameStop will do this in 'Murica too. They haven't started selling them used yet, but it seems pretty cool that we'll be able to easily buy them used in-store.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2015, 12:01:08 am »
I got my Mega Man today. My friend at GS talked me into preordering it, and I'm glad he did - the only one they got in was my preorder.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2015, 02:01:57 am »
I got my Mega Man today. My friend at GS talked me into preordering it, and I'm glad he did - the only one they got in was my preorder.

Yeah the guy at GS today said that they aren't likely to get much of any Smash amiibo's in the future other than pre-orders.  So if you want one specific, you have to pre-order it or go somewhere else.  They won't be stocking them up at all, especially with this next batch, though I could see them getting in some extra Charizards cause its Pokemon.

soera

« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:03 am »
Picked up my Ike and Mega Man pre-orders last night. They had Dedede as well but since I didnt order one, they didnt have any extra.  :-\