Author Topic: What are your collecting goals for 2015?  (Read 16004 times)

pacpix

Re: What are your collecting goals for 2015?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »
Zelda II is a great game, make my top five Zelda game list personally.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 12:21:05 am »
Zelda II is one of my favorite NES games. I also love it's clone, Battle of Olympus. It's definetly the oddball of the series, though. I like other oddball in the series games, too, like SMB 2 and Castlevania II. Just a coincidence, though, I'm not going out of my way to try and like them or anything.

How odd. Battle of Olympus is probably my absolute favorite title on the NES ... yet I hate Zelda II.  :o

gf78

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 08:48:56 am »
Zelda II is one of my favorite NES games. I also love it's clone, Battle of Olympus. It's definetly the oddball of the series, though. I like other oddball in the series games, too, like SMB 2 and Castlevania II. Just a coincidence, though, I'm not going out of my way to try and like them or anything.

I love Super Mario Bros. 2 and Castlevania II.  While they were different from their predecessors and the "oddballs" of their respective series, they retained the core gameplay elements.  Mario still was about running & jumping and Castlevania was still about whipping stuff.  With Zelda II, I hated the way you were on an overworld map like a JRPG and transitioned into a side scroller for battles.  Just never clicked with me.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 09:47:29 pm »
My goal for this year is more restrained than my general gathering for before, as I want to focus on completing my Zelda collection.  I only need Spirit Tracks for a completion of the main Zelda series run.  My next goal is to then have a complete boxed collection, of which I need Zelda 2, Link to the Past, and most of the Game Boy to Game Boy Advance games.  Also just general additions to my Zelda collection as there's always some guides, figures, and some of the extra side games I need.

Have you ever stopped to consider how crazy we are as collectors?  We will gladly pay $60 for a game complete in box that we could get for $15 cartridge only (an example).  We are basically paying $45 more...for a cardboard. Box.

A card board box with unique artwork. And don't forget the manual. More artwork plus sometimes I learn there are moves, techniques, and special touches to the game I never knew about until I read the manual.

My so and I both got a kick out of reading the Super Mario Bros. instruction manual.

Metal Gear Solid had me running around for hours!! "Check the CD case" or something like that for Meryl's Freq number. I didn't realize it was the actual CD game case that the game was telling me to look at. Sometimes you just gotta have the packaging.

As far as goals, I'm gonna try and get rid of some stuff this year. I don't really have the space for toys, figures etc. I think I'd rather just have more games  ::)

Metal Gear Solid had so much crazy $hit going on. Psycho Mantis was a lot of fun. Blanking out the screen like your game crapped out, but instead of video in the top corner it said "HIDEO."  Telling you he could move your controller with his mind and the feedback motors go 90 to nothing. Having to switch controller ports and my personal favorite, scanning my memory card and saying "I see you like Castlevania!"  Too cool.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2015, 02:43:04 am »
Still want a 3ds xl and a wii u.... Also gotta get my friend to send me his PSP an Dreamcast....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2015, 09:56:47 am »
Completed one goal!!!! One of the .hack series DONE!

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 10:03:59 am »
My first goal is to pay off my credit card from Christmas :-X 

I'd like to get to 400 original NA Gameboy games, & probably get some Color games before they go up any more.  Prices seem way too high right now, I'm guessing/hoping they will go back to being more reasonable during the summer, as they tend to do.

rayne315

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2015, 12:20:12 pm »
Lets see.. My goals for 2015 are..

1. Get my collection to 600 games. (currently 283)
2. Finally start in on my 1993 game collection (havent taken the time to see what I have)
3. Get 50% finished with my 5200 collection. (currently heve 18 different titles with 1 duplicate)
4. Get 2 more CIB Systems.
5. Get another suikoden and .hack game that I currently do not have
6. Get 5 more Steel Book Cases
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2015, 01:05:52 pm »
My goal for this year is more restrained than my general gathering for before, as I want to focus on completing my Zelda collection.  I only need Spirit Tracks for a completion of the main Zelda series run.  My next goal is to then have a complete boxed collection, of which I need Zelda 2, Link to the Past, and most of the Game Boy to Game Boy Advance games.  Also just general additions to my Zelda collection as there's always some guides, figures, and some of the extra side games I need.

Have you ever stopped to consider how crazy we are as collectors?  We will gladly pay $60 for a game complete in box that we could get for $15 cartridge only (an example).  We are basically paying $45 more...for a cardboard. Box.

A card board box with unique artwork. And don't forget the manual. More artwork plus sometimes I learn there are moves, techniques, and special touches to the game I never knew about until I read the manual.

My so and I both got a kick out of reading the Super Mario Bros. instruction manual.

Metal Gear Solid had me running around for hours!! "Check the CD case" or something like that for Meryl's Freq number. I didn't realize it was the actual CD game case that the game was telling me to look at. Sometimes you just gotta have the packaging.

As far as goals, I'm gonna try and get rid of some stuff this year. I don't really have the space for toys, figures etc. I think I'd rather just have more games  ::)

Metal Gear Solid had so much crazy $hit going on. Psycho Mantis was a lot of fun. Blanking out the screen like your game crapped out, but instead of video in the top corner it said "HIDEO."  Telling you he could move your controller with his mind and the feedback motors go 90 to nothing. Having to switch controller ports and my personal favorite, scanning my memory card and saying "I see you like Castlevania!"  Too cool.

Yeah, that was crazy with the controller thing on MGS. People complain about the cliff part in Castlevania II being cryptic. Imagine that game being out back then, before internet.

rayne315

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2015, 01:52:46 pm »
First off how is everyone doing??

Lets see.. My goals for 2015 are..

1. Get my collection to 600 games. (currently 283)
2. Finally start in on my 1993 game collection (havent taken the time to see what I have)
3. Get 50% finished with my 5200 collection. (currently heve 18 different titles with 1 duplicate)
4. Get 2 more CIB Systems.
5. Get another suikoden and .hack game that I currently do not have
6. Get 5 more Steel Book Cases

Second off:

1. finished. I am currently over 900 total items. Dang I just checked and I have 899 games.
2. not started. I havent been consiously trying to collect 1993 titles but im sure I have picked up more than a few more games with a 1993 release date.
3. Not finnished. I have not found any more 5200 games in the wild to add to my collection so I am still sitting at 18 titles.
4. Finished. I recently found a blue 2ds in box and complete and my brother gave me his Xbox 360 in box and complete.
5. Finished. Since this I have found 2 more .Hack games and Suikoden 3.
6. Finished. Im at work right now but if I remember correctly I now have 20+ Steel books, When I posted this I had 12.

So 4/6 are of my goals are finnished!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2015, 03:34:00 pm »

2015 Goals

1) A complete licensed NES set (minus Stadium Events) This WILL NOT Happen

2) Enjoy my collection and play more of these silly things.

I'm easy this year. It's just going to hurt my billfold.  :D

#2 is working out like a boss.  The first one... not so much.

gf78

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2015, 03:48:54 pm »
1) get a black label copy of Spyro Year of the Dragon to replace my GH copy.
2) get near mint & complete copies of Lunar and Lunar 2 for PlayStation.
3) get a near mint copy of the Arc the Lad PlayStation collection.
4) get a near mint copy of Fear Effect Retro Helix.
5) get a near mint copy of Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2.
6) get all the new PS4 releases that I want. This will happen regardless.
7) near mint copies of Medievil 1 & 2, Jersey Devil and Blasto.
8) near mint copies of Tomba and Tomba 2.

Well...finished all of my goals for the year with time to spare.  Thanks to a series of fortunate events, I have added tremendously to my collection.  I've met goals I never thought I would this year like complete collections of Dragon Quest titles and putting together a full collection of all 25 Squaresoft PlayStation titles.  I've gotten all of the "Xeno" games including Xenogears, Xenosaga I-III, Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X.  Ended up with a complete in box, mint PSP Go which while unpractical and a DOA system, I've wanted one for a long time because well...I buy all of Sony's consoles!   :P  Landed a brand-new sealed God of War PSP 2000 and finally picked up a PocketStation Crystal.  Ended up with pretty much one of each of Nintendo's handhelds and added several more import titles to my collection.

Yeah...it's been a good year.   ;D

abe

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2015, 05:11:28 pm »
Goals for this year (in no particular order):
-Get a WiiU
-Get a Retron 5
-Import more games exclusive to other regions
-Get more shmups
-Pass 100 games owned for my PS3
-Pass 50 games owned for my PSP (I'm halfway there now)
-Build up a decent PS1 collection before it gets too expensive to want to collect for
-Get the rest of the versions of all the games currently released in the Disgaea series (including spinoffs and ports)
-Get the rest of the versions of all the games currently released in the Hatsune Miku franchise, including importing the rest of the Japanese exclusives I don't have yet.

This is another good one:
6 ) Work on tracking down 360 exclusives I want before they start disappearing

Edit*
I forgot an important one :o
-Import a Bandai WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, and SwanCrystal and plenty of games for them while they're still dirt cheap.

-Got a WiiU :)
-No Retron 5 yet
-Have imported a fair bit and will continue to do so.
-Got some more shmups, I didn't really set any solid goals so... achieved I guess. ???
-Have not passed 100 games for PS3 yet, currently at 68 including imports. Unlikely by the end of the year.
-Have not passed 50 PSP games yet, currently at 35 including imports. Might reach 40 by the end of the year, but 50 is unlikely.
-I only have 3 PS1 games so far. Definitely nowhere near where I'd like to get to. :-\
-Don't have all the Disgaea series yet. I'm still missing 7 versions currently released. :'( I do have at least one version of every game in the main series though and have Alliance of Vengeance preordered. :)
-Haven't quite caught up with the Hatsune Miku franchise yet either. I still need Project DIVA Extend for the PSP and the original Project Mirai on the 3DS. Would like to import a physical copy of Project DIVA f for the Vita as well.
-I've gotten a fair amount of the 360 exclusives I want. Not too much left really.
-No WonderSwan yet. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2015, 02:24:42 am »
New goals (which will likely be long-term, just bought a house!)

1. Get an HD TV (so I can get to goal #2)
2. Get an XBox One (for Rare Collection, Neverwinter, ES Online, Halo 5, & Arkham Knight)
3. Get a Retro VGS Console (just because it sounds really cool, and I want to support an idea like this)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:13:51 pm by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2015, 06:29:12 pm »
One crazy goal I've been toying with is trying to get every 3D platform game that is not based on any TV or movie franchise.