Author Topic: What are your collecting goals for 2015?  (Read 15561 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: What are your collecting goals for 2015?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 11:30:10 pm »

3) get back into making YouTube videos regularly. (I have a review series in mind, I just need to sit down and do it. But I'm worried no one will be interested in more reviews).

Me too. My current computer runs Ubuntu and there's not a lot of great editing software available at all and my current capture device crapped out. Hard to find those that work with Ubuntu as well. These two things are hampering my video making abilities.

I'm thinking of getting some version of an iPad with iMovie to help out in this area.

If you go the iPad route get Avid. It's cheap and waaaaaaayyyyyyy more feature rich than iMovie.

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 06:52:50 am »
Same as for 2014; try and get all the games I used to play but don't own anymore.

Getting close now.

blipcs76

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 09:51:30 am »
Complete N64 collection.  Sitting just over halfway at this point, but all the big ones aside from Sculptors Cut and Worms are out of the way, so its going to be a matter of mostly picking up > $10 games in bulk when possible.  I think having a complete N64 collection this time next year is very doable.  Not doing variants though.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 10:00:43 am »
Complete N64 collection.  Sitting just over halfway at this point, but all the big ones aside from Sculptors Cut and Worms are out of the way, so its going to be a matter of mostly picking up > $10 games in bulk when possible.  I think having a complete N64 collection this time next year is very doable.  Not doing variants though.

I'm pretty sure that's where I'm going to go after I finish my NES set. People hate on the n64, but I think there's some pretty unique games on it.

davifus

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 12:17:58 pm »
Goal

1) collect more games
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

scott

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 12:21:01 pm »
No real goals for me, as I'll be watching my budget like a hawk so I don't end up in the same place I was in 2014.

But I will say, that I'll be focusing on PS2 pick ups more than anything. Plus new Persona/Etrian Odyssey games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 01:54:32 pm »
Buy more games that I want to play. That's really it.

I'd like to track down some of those Nintendo Power trading cards from the 90s, too.

So I guess a top 10 wishlist would be in order for my goals:

1. DuckTales 2 (NES)
2. Einhander (PS1)
3. Batman: Return of the Joker (NES)
4. Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones (NES)
5. Die Hard Arcade (Saturn)
6. Dynamite Cop (Dreamcast)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
8. The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES)
9. Lunar the Silver Star Complete (PS1)
10. RayStorm (PS1)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:07:49 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 03:29:26 pm »
Goals for the year 2015:

-Get my PS3 collection to at least 100 games.
-Start my Nintendo 3DS collection.
-Buy a PS4 and have 15 games by the end of the year.

Not too bad for a rookie.

retroone

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 04:17:35 pm »
I really don't have any predetermined goals. I sort of come in and out of collecting certain systems. But here are some goals I would like to follow by.

. Grab some PS1 games while they are still cheap.
.PS2 Slim by end of the year.
.Get back into NES collecting.
.15 PS4 games by end of the year.
.Buy an Elgato to start streaming on Twitch.
.Buy more Strategy Guides.
.Reach Level 25 on Steam.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:19:08 pm by retroone »

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 09:38:15 am »

3) get back into making YouTube videos regularly. (I have a review series in mind, I just need to sit down and do it. But I'm worried no one will be interested in more reviews).

Me too. My current computer runs Ubuntu and there's not a lot of great editing software available at all and my current capture device crapped out. Hard to find those that work with Ubuntu as well. These two things are hampering my video making abilities.

I'm thinking of getting some version of an iPad with iMovie to help out in this area.

If you go the iPad route get Avid. It's cheap and waaaaaaayyyyyyy more feature rich than iMovie.

Thanks I'll look into Avid. I've heard of it but know nothing about it :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:08 pm »

Thanks I'll look into Avid. I've heard of it but know nothing about it :)

Avid on the computer is more of a pro-tool and very expensive. But on the ipad it's like a very feature rich iMovie and very easy to use.

It looks like Pinnicle purchased it so it's now called "Pinnicle Studio"

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2015, 12:00:30 am »
  • Pick up James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing for SMS   Completed
  • Pick up a Master Gear converter   Nope. Bumped to 2015.
  • Finish off my Virtual Boy collection   Completed
  • Pick up a Magnavox Odyssey   Completed
  • Pick up a SNES model 2   Nope. Bumped to 2015.
  • Pick up a NES toploader   Nope. Bumped to 2015.
  • Pick up a Jaguar CD   Nope. Bumped to 2015.
  • Flesh out the Dreamcast collection (a little over 1/5 of the way done)   Taking this one off the list for a while.
  • Build two more pinball coffee tables   Built one before using the shop for storage.
  • Move my audio/video/lighting equipment out of the arcade and finish decorating/painting/lighting, etc   Kindof sortof done. Moved it all out and then back again when I started building my HD production rig.

• Pick up a Master Gear converter   Completed
  • Pick up a SNES model 2
  • Pick up a NES toploader
  • Pick up a Jaguar CD
  • Build another pinball coffee table
  • Complete my Atari 7800 collection   Completed
  • Buy a Wii U to play the Kickstarter game I backed   Completed

Will wind up cutting back significantly on gaming items due to a job change and the significant expense of building out my HD multicam live production rig.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:57:08 pm by dstone »

sin2beta

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2015, 06:54:14 pm »
I'm planning to concentrate on playing games more than collecting this year. That being said, I have two goal areas:

Collecting
Collect all Blizzard games for systems I own (SEGA/XBOX/Macintosh)
Begin collecting Id games for systems I own.
Concentrate on SG-1000 games. Slowly but surely.

Gaming
Beat the sonic trilogy + Knuckles (never did this)
Make 12 SEGA SG-1000 videos (one a month)
Begin building a site for Ages of SEGA (SG-1000 and pre SMS project)
Get a max level WOW character
Play through the StarCraft campaigns again.
Generally get better at all Blizzard games.
Hopefully make 2 Sega Genesis videos for Ages of SEGA. These will happen when they happen.

I've been playing a lot of Blizzard games with the girlfriend. I played way too much StarCraft as a kid. So, it is easy to get into. She was really into WOW. It's been fun.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2015, 09:13:59 pm »
Since I'm new here, I figured I'd start here...

Harvest Moon games (Across all platforms)
Mega Man games (Across all platforms)
25 NES games
25 SNES games

amauriel

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 09:02:11 am »
I don't know how many Harvest Moon games you already have, but a couple of them are kinda pricey these days, and there's a lot more than most people think. I finished my collection (and all the pre-order and regular plushies) a couple years ago and now can just pre-order and buy the newest ones.

I really wasn't missing that many to begin with and it took me a few years to get the ones I'd missed. An example: I had Harvest Moon GB and GBC 3, but I didn't have GBC and GBC 2. I wasn't willing to pay eBay prices, and I can tell you at which stores I finally found both of those. And waiting for a sheep, the one pre-order bonus plushie I'd missed when the game released, to come up on eBay for less than $30 took forever too.

That being said, if I can help, let me know!

For my collecting this year, I'd like to finish the NA Shin Megami Tensei releases. Finding Devil Survivor for the DS should be easy enough, so that just leaves Jack Bros. for the Virtual Boy. I already have the Japanese one, so I'm not going to pick it up unless I can get a steal on it. I only added a couple of Game Boys to my collection in 2014, so I wouldn't mind getting a few of those. It's getting harder as I'm getting all the common colors done though.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."