Author Topic: Don't know if old topic, but how do you all store your games?  (Read 6500 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Don't know if old topic, but how do you all store your games?
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:29:28 am »
Title text. I'd love to hear how everyone stores their stuff.

Re: Don't know if old topic, but how do you all store your games?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:28 am »
All my games are on media shelves. Atlantic makes a bunch of pretty quality shelves, ranging from small shelves that hold around 5 CD jewel cases to ones that can hold over 1000.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:16:58 am »
Honestly my collection isn't very big so I arrange my stuff, roughly, by how likely I am to play it. Favorites up front!

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:14:49 pm »
Media shelves, dresser drawers (sadly), and PSP is currently banished to inside of the TV console. I'm actually very tight on room at this point. Future purchases are going into one last drawer and then my space is maxed out.

abe

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 01:51:46 pm »
I don't have a whole lot of space to put stuff, so my games are all over the place. My PS2, PS3, PSP, and DS games are kept in a media shelving unit. My GameCube, Wii, 3DS, and Vita games and one lonely copy of Xevious for the NES are in those generic plastic stacking CD/DVD bin things on my dresser. I keep my limited edition games and imports on a shelf in my bookcase. Everything else is just spread about wherever they fit on display if they can be.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 02:28:03 pm »
After surrendering my game room to my youngest daughter who was growing too big to share a room with her sister (I kid, I was more than happy to do it for her) and systematically dismantling and selling the bulk of my collection (not so happy about that in hindsight  :'( ), my PS2, PS1 and PSP games are stored in boxes in my bedroom closet.  I have a really nice 5-shelf wooden cabinet with glass window doors that the bulk of my PS3, PS4 and Vita games are in.  My PS3 games have spilled out into a 5-shelf DVD rack that holds 75 DVD-size cases comfortably.  I have a curio cabinet that has some of my gaming stuff in it, namely my OG 60gig PS3, sackboy plushes, etc.  I'm going to put all of my import Final Fantasy titles in there together to display on the top shelf once the last of them arrive.  Most of my other stuff like Wii and DS games I have stored in boxes in the closet also. 

I keep a few games for various systems on my nightstand shelf if I am currently playing them.  Right now, New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS, Castlevania the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP and a few others are hanging out there.

In an ideal world, all games would be sorted by system and stored alphabetically on shelves.  Unfortunately, I'm not living in an ideal world at the moment.   :(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 04:01:27 pm »
My disk-based games are on a mixture of custom shelves & store bought shelves. I have very, very few disk-only games and those are in a small cd binder - most of those were either given to me or picked up for next to nothing.  Cartridge games varies - a few I have displayed (the 2 SNES FF games, the 2 Atari 2600 Pac-Man games), and most of the others are stacked on a shelf. DS & 3DS games are in a drawer either in their original cases or for the DS loose carts I have (and there are a lot, since I started collecting for the DS very late) in those Club Nintendo 18-game DS cases.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

topspot123

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 05:32:09 pm »
Most of my 'modern' stuff is in media racks.  The older things are stored in a couple of ways.  I like sharing my youtube videos here, I hope no one minds.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 07:56:16 pm »
Most of my 'modern' stuff is in media racks.  The older things are stored in a couple of ways.  I like sharing my youtube videos here, I hope no one minds.

I just watched the video during lunch, and it was pretty neat!  I haven't gotten to the point of needing to put my stuff into storage containers for later, but it's good to consider for protection in general.  We like to display the boxes if we can, but there are some items that we could store away (dupes, incomplete items, etc.).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:47 pm »
I have a high ceiling in the room my games are in. Most of the bundles or collectors editions go up there on a shelf. The majority of my collection is double stacked on store bought adjustable shelves unfortunately. It's all in alphabetical order and I keep it grouped together by brand. For the most part the back row is still visible (GBA games in front of Gamecube, SCD games in front of Turbo Grafx, Playstation in front of Playstation longbox etc.). My 360 games are on a custom shelf and the overflow is on media shelves.

The goal is to finish building my custom shelves. I have one made that holds ~450 DVD's. It's on casters so I can slide it back and fourth to get to the shelves behind it. I still need to elevate it so it lines up with the height of the rear shelf. The wood is pretty expensive, but it is so much neater...and technically still double stacked.  ::)

insektmute

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 10:04:51 pm »
I'm using kind of an odd mix of things right now, with an Ikea Billy bookshelf in the bedroom for portables and retro games, an Atlantic Elf rack for PS3/360 stuff, and a big metal Can-Am tiered drawer system for everything else.

I'm also almost entirely out of room, but going forward, I'm thinking I'll get another rack for games, get all my movies into the Can-Am, and keep my CDs in the bedroom... unless I sell them. Gah, decisions!

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 10:39:31 pm »
I have an alcove in my bedroom and in there I have a bookcase. I had to add a few custom shelves on top of it though to make room, and also pile stuff up down the side of it. Everything in there's pretty snug, any time a get a game it seems like I have to reorganize everything around just to fit one game in :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51:29 pm »
1. Regular shelves for DVD-case-style games (PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Saturn), and NES, SNES & N64 cartridges.

2. CD-Towers for PS1 & Dreamcast games.

3. Cassette Tape Tower for Sega Genesis & Master System games. (Genesis games fit perfectly into cassette holders & cases)

4. 9-pocket card plastic binder pages for Game Boy/GBC/GBA games. (Easy to flip-through, and no random piles of handheld games)

5. Club Nintendo game holder case for DS/3DS games.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:55:47 pm by burningdoom »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 01:43:03 am »
My brother moved out and left me an awesome cabinet that I use for storage.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 02:13:52 am »
Anyway I can :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730