Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41376 times)

kashell

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:41 am »
Game 20 - Suikoden II (32 hrs 40 mins)

SNIPPITY DOO DAH.

I'm glad you got through it, congrats! Suikoden II was a fun title. I agree with everything you mentioned in your mini-review. There were a lot of things Suikoden II did better than Suikoden. Still, there parts of Suikoden II that could have used some of the aspects of the first. Who did you end up using in your final party?

telly

« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2015, 01:38:30 pm »
Game 20 - Suikoden II (32 hrs 40 mins)

SNIPPITY DOO DAH.

I'm glad you got through it, congrats! Suikoden II was a fun title. I agree with everything you mentioned in your mini-review. There were a lot of things Suikoden II did better than Suikoden. Still, there parts of Suikoden II that could have used some of the aspects of the first. Who did you end up using in your final party?

The party I used most often was Riou (I got "Marcus" from the random name generator so that was his name), Hix, Tengaar, Luc, Kasumi and Nanami.

I used some other characters too over the course of the game, primarily Bob, Freed Y, Yoshino, Gadget and Kinnison. (Obviously the ones you had to take with you as well). What about you? - Though you may have used characters that I didn't get haha
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:44:21 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »
Oh man...I can't remember at the moment which characters I used. I'll have to get back to you on that, but as far as I can remember I used the hero, Nanami, Luc, Clive, Miklotov and...I probably had to alternate a bunch due to the story. One thing I didn't like is that it forced you to often carry Viktor and Flik. They had their time to shine in Suikoden, so it was time for someone else to take those party slots.

telly

« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2015, 02:22:42 pm »
Yeah Luc, with 'dat big magic power  8). But yeah that was annoying too, I forgot about that. If I didn't regularly use Nanami it would have been annoying to have to use her often too. I don't think I ever met Clive in this game :o

I def need to pick up Suikoden and give it a replay
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:35:04 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2015, 05:05:35 pm »
Yeah Luc, with 'dat big magic power  8). But yeah that was annoying too, I forgot about that. If I didn't regularly use Nanami it would have been annoying to have to use her often too. I don't think I ever met Clive in this game :o

Suikoden 1 is a great game and definitely worth the play through. Especially because its so short.

telly

« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2015, 08:00:22 am »

Suikoden 1 is a great game and definitely worth the play through. Especially because its so short.

Mm, yeah. Definitely a high one on my wish list :D

Game 21 - Ace Combat 2 (~ 4 hours)

+ Even though I <3 Ace Combat, the only thing I really liked about this game was the graphics - it looked pretty good for an early PS1 game. I liked the amount and variety of missions too, though a lot of them were rather short. The music was pretty decent as well. I did really like how you unlock new aircraft and medals by hunting down special aircraft - made the game more interesting.

- Going from AC04 and Infinity to this really has an impact, because there's so much missing from this game. The realistic jet sounds, the radio chatter, analog controls, being able to look around the plane while your flying: it feels rather incomplete. Also it's too bad the game was over after 4 hours. Ah well, next game with definitely be AC5 :)
Currently Playing:

« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2015, 01:43:33 am »
GAME 19 - Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PC) - 20 Hours FINISHED

While it is one of the better console Dragon Ball games in awhile, it has this massive shifting weight of great ideas mixed with bad ideas.  Customization, the RPG aspect, and the soundtrack is fantastic.  I love being able to have my own character and having access to all the moves and clothing of the universe, these are great ideas.  On the other hand, the combat, AI, and grinding are soul crushing.  It all gets pretty repetitive and it's far too easy at higher levels to get stunlocked endlessly by the AI.  Normally one on one fights, even a hard one is doable, but get into a situation where 2 or 3 guys are against and it's basically impossible unless you cheese things out by spamming ultra attacks.  It gets obnoxious and kills my desire to grind higher level missions.  Just not worth it after beating story mode, despite all the cool stuff left to collect and earn for your character or get new buddies to help fight with you.  Xenoverse 2 should happen, but overhaul the combat!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2015, 09:11:11 pm »
6 Complete | 15 Played

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) - Complete
2. Suikoden 1 (PS1) - Complete
3. Gunman Clive (3DS) - Complete
4. Mighty Switch Force (3DS) - Complete
5. Steamworld Dig (3DS) - Complete
6. Hearthstone (PC) - Complete

Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 (DS) - Finishing
Just need to finish unlocking everything. Little tedious.

Jump Ultimate Stars [JP] (DS) - Finishing
Need to unlock a bunch of stuff and finish story mode.

Shining Force - Main Console Game
Trying to get through it when I'm on business calls.

Radiant Historia - Main Handheld Game
Played a lot on airplanes and trips. Haven't played in a while though.

Project X Zone - Co-Main Time waster
Can't play this in one go, need to just do a mission at a time.

Picross 3D (DS) - Co-Main time waster
Little bit each day.

Pokemon Y (3DS) - On Hold
Lost interest.

Bayonetta (Wii U) - On Hold
Waiting until I can find time to invest into it as my #1 game

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX(3DS VC) - On Hold
Waiting until I can make it my main mobile game

New format. I'm not going to write reviews as I want to do a year end video of everything from this year. Hoping I can have enough time to get the 2nd suikoden in the same year as the first but looking at my list... we'll see.

kashell

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2015, 08:27:57 am »
With Lufia II and Criminal Girls finished, I'll have a couple of reviews to write. When they're finished, I can post the links here.

retroone

« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2015, 10:42:46 am »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed. Achievement Progress 80%
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
3. Mega Man 2 (NES) Completed Glad to finally get this one of my chest.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. 
6. The Playroom (PS4) Completed Very enjoyable game that needs more content. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Super Exploding Zoo (PSN) Completed Very fun puzzle game that can be completed in a few hours. First Platinum! Trophy Progress 100%
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4) Completed Simply put, it's Minecraft. Very fun and addictive. Trophy Progress 100%
9. Altered Beast (Genesis) Beat The Arcade version was better.
10. Altered Beast (Arcade) Beat WAY better than the Genesis version although the ending was a disappointment.
11. MouseCraft (PSN) Completed Just another mediocre puzzle game. Trophy Progress 100%
12. Rocket League (PSN) Completed Man this game is simply amazing, truly a blast to play. Trophy Progress 100%
13. Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) Beat Don't underestimate this game. That final boss is close to impossible.
14. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PSN) Beat Still need to beat those challenges. Trophy Progress 70%
15. Castle Crashers (Steam) Completed It's quite the 'Behemoth' of a game. Achievement Progress 70%

*Added Castle Crashers (Steam)

karyann

« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2015, 09:36:20 pm »
I had already put Diablo 3: Reapers of Souls in my completed list since I was done with the story, but I ended up platinum-ing it! Gosh I don't even want to think about how many hours went into this. I'm just glad I'm finally done  :o Not that it isn't a good game (though very buggy), but 500 bounties was just ugh. The rest was pretty fun, at least!  :)

telly

« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2015, 10:01:08 am »
Game 22 - Far Cry 3 (19 Hours Finished)

Finished up this game last night, and spent some time getting most of the trophies (I think I'm at 87%)

+ There really weren't issues that I had with anything in the game. It played well, the story was interesting and made me want to keep playing, it was fun hunting animals and plants to build up your carrying capacity and skills and pretty much grow into a jungle warrior from where you began. It was a nice character development, and in general the characters in this game are probably one it's strongest points, (other than the gameplay).

- Even though there weren't any issues with the game, there wasn't anything that really made me enjoy the experience. Some nitpicks include switching through your weapons in real time is annoying, (I wish you could pause while switching weapons like in Ratchet and Clank). Also, it takes way too long to heal your character, and you loose health so fast.

Also, this game makes you do some crazy shit! :o
Currently Playing:

« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2015, 06:33:50 am »
GAME 24 - Zombi (PC) - 7 Hours Finished
I did originally own it on the Wii U, but never played super far into it.  Hour or two at best.  Think it was partly because it's tough for me to go back to FPS games on controller and a love/hate relationship with the gamepad functionality.  Have to look at your inventory on the gamepad, maybe leaving you open for attack? Great.  Scanning for crap around the rooms which you have to do a ton of? Nah. PC version is good enough, if abit barebones.  Plays well, had no framerate issues, quicker loading, there's extra weapons from what I understand.  Could've used a graphic beefup and there's an annoying inability to get rid of your cricket bat and standard pistol.  Overall it wasn't exactly worth the 20 bucks I feel and knowing it's that short on Wii U annoys me that it was a full priced game at one point, even with the extra features it had that didn't make it over such as the multiplayer that I never played.

kashell

« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2015, 08:23:33 am »
A review will be posted soon for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. I was debating which Vita game to play next and it looks like I made the right choice since this one is so short. I'll totally get this platinum because I'm having so much fun with it.