Author Topic: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition  (Read 41373 times)

telly

Re: 52 games in 2015 - VGCollect Edition
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28:26 am »
I was thinking instead of doing a video reviewing all the games I played at the end of the year, I would maybe do a video of my top 10 (or top 5 bottom 5) games I played during this year. That way I still can get all the reviews in to this thread, and still have a video going over the games I really enjoyed :) It'll be like my "game of the year" if you will.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2015, 11:58:10 am »
I was thinking instead of doing a video reviewing all the games I played at the end of the year, I would maybe do a video of my top 10 (or top 5 bottom 5) games I played during this year. That way I still can get all the reviews in to this thread, and still have a video going over the games I really enjoyed :) It'll be like my "game of the year" if you will.

Cool idea! I'd love to see more people in this community do videos!

telly

« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »
Game 23 - Mega Man 6 ~ 4-6 hours beaten

Not a bad game in the series, not as good as 2 and 3 IMO. It was a little too easy thanks to the added charge shot, and the Rush Jet is kind of broken; you can use it as often as you want so you can stock up on items/lives really quickly. There were only a couple places in the whole game that gave me a lot of trouble. Other than that I don't have much to say about it!

Interesting to see the two non - Japanese kids that got their robot designs in this game. I would be telling everybody about that if I got my robot in Mega Man.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

retroone

« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2015, 06:45:03 pm »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed. Achievement Progress 80%
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
3. Mega Man 2 (NES) Completed Glad to finally get this one of my chest.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. 
6. The Playroom (PS4) Completed Very enjoyable game that needs more content. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Super Exploding Zoo (PSN) Completed Very fun puzzle game that can be completed in a few hours. First Platinum! Trophy Progress 100%
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4) Completed Simply put, it's Minecraft. Very fun and addictive. Trophy Progress 100%
9. Altered Beast (Genesis) Beat The Arcade version was better.
10. Altered Beast (Arcade) Beat WAY better than the Genesis version although the ending was a disappointment.
11. MouseCraft (PSN) Completed Just another mediocre puzzle game. Trophy Progress 100%
12. Rocket League (PSN) Completed Man this game is simply amazing, truly a blast to play. Trophy Progress 100%
13. Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) Beat Don't underestimate this game. That final boss is close to impossible.
14. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PSN) Beat Still need to beat those challenges. Trophy Progress 70%
15. Castle Crashers (Steam) Completed It's quite the 'Behemoth' of a game. Achievement Progress 70%
16. Power Rangers S.P.D (GBA) Completed Completed in less than 2 hours without dying once!

*Added Power Rangers S.P.D (GBA)

kashell

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:42:22 am by kashell »

« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2015, 04:05:39 pm »
35. Super Smash Bros. on Wii U - Wii U: I can say without a shadow of a doubt this is by far my favorite game is the Smash series.  It's the perfect combination of competitive gameplay for those looking to get into the meat of this game, and also just a fun game that most people can just pick up and enjoy. Really enjoyed playing through this and unlocking all of the trophies.

retroone

« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2015, 07:56:20 pm »
I'll gussy this up some more: colors, fun text, the works. The works, I say!

You should also add the clickable text so you don't have such a long post.  ;)

kashell

« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2015, 09:36:50 am »

That's the first time anyone has ever complained about my length!

: D

>__>

Anyways, do you mean use the "Insert Hyperlink" option?

abe

« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2015, 10:51:27 am »

>__>

I'm assuming he means doing this:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/3DS/730860-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/reviews/review-159920]Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call[/url]
To give you this: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

If you did that for all of your completed games it would cut the length of your post by more than half. It's your post though, I'm not telling you what to do, of course. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

retroone

« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2015, 12:44:17 pm »

>__>

I'm assuming he means doing this:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/3DS/730860-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/reviews/review-159920]Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call[/url]
To give you this: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

If you did that for all of your completed games it would cut the length of your post by more than half. It's your post though, I'm not telling you what to do, of course. :)

Yup that's what I meant. If you do this (Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call) you'd get a much shorter post.  ;)

retroone

« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2015, 08:23:38 pm »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed. Achievement Progress 80%
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
3. Mega Man 2 (NES) Completed Glad to finally get this one of my chest.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. 
6. The Playroom (PS4) Completed Very enjoyable game that needs more content. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Super Exploding Zoo (PSN) Completed Very fun puzzle game that can be completed in a few hours. First Platinum! Trophy Progress 100%
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4) Completed Simply put, it's Minecraft. Very fun and addictive. Trophy Progress 100%
9. Altered Beast (Genesis) Beat The Arcade version was better.
10. Altered Beast (Arcade) Beat WAY better than the Genesis version although the ending was a disappointment.
11. MouseCraft (PSN) Completed Just another mediocre puzzle game. Trophy Progress 100%
12. Rocket League (PSN) Completed Man this game is simply amazing, truly a blast to play. Trophy Progress 100%
13. Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) Beat Don't underestimate this game. That final boss is close to impossible.
14. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PSN) Beat Still need to beat those challenges. Trophy Progress 70%
15. Castle Crashers (Steam) Completed It's quite the 'Behemoth' of a game. Achievement Progress 100%
16. Power Rangers S.P.D (GBA) Completed Completed in less than 2 hours without dying once!
17. Murder Miners (Steam) Completed This game is too much fun. Achievement Progress 100%

*Added Murder Miners (Steam)

kashell

« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2015, 08:42:43 am »
I edited my post thanks to the help of you and abe!

« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »
GAME 25 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PC) - 80 HOURS FINISHED
Man this was one hell of a game.  The story is very nutbars, but it has everything you'd expect from a Kojima game.  Generally, the change to a mostly open world setting made for a really fantastic game.  It's just a shame that Kojima is done with Konami and we won't get to see if there were any other ideas or to see what could be expanded upon afterwards.  Pretty easily at the top of my list of GOTY I think right now, despite a couple issues I may have.  Still have a handful of side missions to do also and gear to develop, so I'll probably hit 90 pretty easily, maybe even 100 to complete everything.  The fatigue I had with Witcher 3 and trying to push through the side quests and stuff just isn't there for me in MGSV.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2015, 11:41:05 am »
Just when I feel like I'm so close to finishing PXZ I realize there are like 5 more missions and each one is going to be like 90 min each :(