Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43952 times)

abe

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2015, 08:41:31 pm »
This crystal box is glorious! How does the gameplay of this game compares to Project Diva series ?

It plays very similarly to the Project Diva series, minus the scratch notes. If you've played a lot of Project DIVA, there's not really too much to get adjusted to here. Instead of notes appearing anywhere on the screen, they come in from the edges of the screen along lines to a central point, where you need to press the corresponding button or buttons. Some times it switches to having notes traveling to the edge of a large circle from the inside. There were initially more features that made it stand apart from PD, but some of those were removed in the later stages of development. For example, the final version of the game no longer uses the control stick to move the circle towards notes.

Play-Asia still has the Crystal Box in stock if you're interested in buying one.

This video from Marvelous back in February does a pretty good job of showing off the gameplay.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

spac316

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2015, 08:53:28 pm »
Bought Kirby AirRide for Gamecube today.

karyann

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2015, 09:53:56 pm »
Finally got my IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box Limited Edition today. ;D ;D ;D I'm so happy to finally have it after all the delays the game has gone through. :)

This is so pretty! Awesome :D

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2015, 05:44:31 am »
It plays very similarly to the Project Diva series, minus the scratch notes. If you've played a lot of Project DIVA, there's not really too much to get adjusted to here. Instead of notes appearing anywhere on the screen, they come in from the edges of the screen along lines to a central point, where you need to press the corresponding button or buttons. Some times it switches to having notes traveling to the edge of a large circle from the inside. There were initially more features that made it stand apart from PD, but some of those were removed in the later stages of development. For example, the final version of the game no longer uses the control stick to move the circle towards notes.

Play-Asia still has the Crystal Box in stock if you're interested in buying one.

This video from Marvelous back in February does a pretty good job of showing off the gameplay.

Thanks for the details. I platted 1st Project Diva and grinding on 2nd time to time, sadly I got no JP account on PSN and it seems unlikely that this game will make it to the west.. I'll keep an eye on it anyway, it looks fun!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

gf78

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 08:22:14 am »
August 07, 2015 Update   ;D  New stuff added in the updated list is bold.  Only two more games and I'll own every Squaresoft PlayStation 1 title!!!!

PlayStation
PlayStation 7501 console (actually had this in a drawer...my old mind forgot about it!)
SaGa Frontier (complete  & mint except for writing on outside of the front of the case)
SaGa Frontier 2 (complete & mint)
Brave Fencer Musashi (complete and mint with bonus disc and bonus booklet)
Einhander (completed & near mint with light shelf wear and a sticker on the outside of the case)
Xenogears (complete & near mint with light shelf wear)
Tobal No. 1 (completed & near mint with Final Fantasy VII demo disc)
Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (complete & near mint)
Chocobo Racing (complete & near mint)
Bushido Blade (complete with light shelf wear and a few light scratches)
Bushido Blade 2 (complete with light shelf wear and a few light scratches)
Legend of Mana (complete & near mint)
Threads of Fate (complete & near mint)

PlayStation 2
Unlimited SaGa (complete with normal shelf wear)
Romancing SaGa (complete with normal shelf wear and a few light scratches on the disc)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (complete with normal shelf wear)
Onimusha Blade Warriors (complete with minor shelf wear and a few scratches on the disc)
Samurai Legend Musashi (complete with normal shelf wear and a few scratches on the disc)
Star Ocean Till the End of Time (complete with normal shelf wear and a few scratches on the discs...I think this one is a limited edition as it has different cover art.)
Everquest Online Adventures (complete with minor shelf wear and a few light scratches on the disc)

PlayStation 3
Lollipop Chainsaw (complete with light shelf wear)
Star Ocean the Last Hope International (complete with light shelf wear)

PlayStation 4
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition (brand-new)
Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 400 Bluetooth headset (like-new)

NES
Super Mario Bros. 3-screw (cartridge only but in great condition)

3DS/New 3DS
New 3DS system in black (brand-new)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (brand-new)
Shinobi (light shelf wear)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (light shelf wear)
Heroes of Ruin (like new)
Project X Zone (like new)
Bravely Default (like new)
Super Smash Bros. (brand-new)
Luigi's Mansion:  Dark Moon (brand-new)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:51:41 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

davifus

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2015, 10:39:23 am »
Rare replay came in yesterday.
Only Xbox one game
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

gf78

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 10:42:23 am »
Rare replay came in yesterday.
Only Xbox one game

I want that game even though I don't own an XbOne.  But...I can't justify buying a new console for a $30 game.   :-\ :-\  Maybe after Halo 5 comes out, if it gets glowing reviews from both the press and actual users, then maybe, just maybe I'll buy one.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 01:12:24 pm »

Bought a used CIB orange GameCube along with Tingle's Balloon Fight.

gf78

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »

Nice.  I always wanted the spice orange version.  Loved that color on the controller.  Is it an import version?  I thought they never released that color in the states.

maximo310

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 02:15:05 pm »

Nice.  I always wanted the spice orange version.  Loved that color on the controller.  Is it an import version?  I thought they never released that color in the states.
Yeah, orange spice is a Japan-only Gamecube color. Japan got a lot of cool color variations in consoles like the green Tales of Symphonia console, and controllers like a bluish emerald controller compared to NA and Europe.

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 03:59:06 pm »
It's my second orange cube I've imported. ;D I've owned one for a while that I region modded, but I wanted CIB. I might go ahead and sell my old modded one since not quite as in good condition as the one I just bought.

spac316

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
I bought Unreal II for XBox and Wipeout 64 for the, you guessed it, N64!

abe

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 07:47:08 pm »

Thanks for the details. I platted 1st Project Diva and grinding on 2nd time to time, sadly I got no JP account on PSN and it seems unlikely that this game will make it to the west.. I'll keep an eye on it anyway, it looks fun!

I wouldn't wait for a localization if I were you. It's worth importing now if you're interested in it, and the game's producer said in an interview that it's very unlikely that the game will be localized due to the difficulty of obtaining the rights to use all the music in a version of the game for a different region.

Here's my source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/26/senran-kagura-producer-if-you-want-to-play-iavt-colorful-youll-have-to-import-it/
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:04 pm »
Nice spice colored GameCube!

More stuff from my online bingeing arrived...

Including my first XBox One game.

Also a thrift store pickup (PS One mini)

Now if only I had an Xbox One.

It's actually cheaper to buy Rare Replay and an Xbox One than to buy all the games in Rare Replay at today's prices.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:14:43 pm by dashv »

foxhack

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2015, 03:17:50 pm »
FROM THE CREATORS OF CALL OF JUAREZ, DEAD ISLAND, AND DYING LIGHT, WE BRING YOU...

... Pet Soccer. WTF?

$2.