Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 46158 times)

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2015, 06:18:09 pm »
this month i have picked up NOTHING :(
not seen anything worth getting.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2015, 09:03:06 pm »
I forgot to post my finds.
A fellow VGCer hooked me up with Battletoads on the Genesis. I think I'm gonna have to get all these games. I think all I lack is one GameBoy game.  :P

I got a CIB Sega Genesis. I've been wanting one for a while. It popped up on a facebook yardsale. I thought I could use something like that in my life.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2015, 09:26:47 pm »
Another wishlist item arrived today along with two impulse buys.

Can you guess which is which?

Battletoads Battle Maniacs (SNES)
Chuck Norris Superkicks manual (ColecoVision)
Sparkster (Genesis)

dondetti

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2015, 04:10:37 am »
Another wishlist item arrived today along with two impulse buys.

Can you guess which is which?

Chuck Norris Superkicks manual (ColecoVision)
Sparkster (Genesis)

Guessing Sparkster was the wantlist item. Battletoads is more notorious than good.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2015, 07:56:26 am »
I don't usually go out of my way for GameBoy games, but yesterday I found

Kid Dracula for $4.95

foxhack

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2015, 08:21:25 am »

Kid Dracula for $4.95

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

gf78

« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2015, 11:12:43 am »
August 18, 2015 update....and it makes my head (and wallet!) hurt....forgive me if I missed a few...

Nintendo Game Boy
Game Boy Lite system (black) in very good condition

Nintendo DS
Assassin's Creed II Discovery (I had the box & book...now I have the cart so it's complete)
Children of Mana complete with light shelf wear
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime complete with light shelf wear
Dragon Quest IV complete like new
Dragon Quest V complete like new
Dragon Quest VI complete like new
Dragon Quest IX complete like new
Dragon Quest Monsters:  Joker complete with light shelf wear
Dragon Quest Monsters:  Joker 2 complete with light shelf wear
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars complete like new
Heroes of Mana new/sealed
Lunar Dragon Song complete like new

Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles complete like new (first print that includes an instruction manual)

PSP
Tactics Ogre-Let Us Cling Together complete with light shelf wear
Star Ocean First Departure complete with light shelf wear
Star Ocean Second Second Evolution complete with light shelf wear

PlayStation
Star Ocean the Second Story complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on discs
Dragon Warrior VII complete and like new

PlayStation 2
Xenosaga Episode III complete with light shelf wear
Fatal Frame complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
Fatal Frame II complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
Fatal Frame III complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
.hack//Mutation complete and like new
Dino Stalker complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on disc
Dragon Quest VIII complete with bonus disc, book & outer box with light shelf wear and light scratches on discs
Drakan-The Ancients Gates complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Drakengard complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Drakengard II complete with light shelf wear
Escape From Monkey Island complete with light shelf wear
Front Mission 4 complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Ico complete and like new
Shadow of the Colossus complete and like new
Mafia complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Prince of Persia the Two Thrones complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
Prince of Persia the Warrior Within complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc
The Thing complete with light scratches on the disc, light shelf wear to box and snap-tabs are broken
R-Type Final complete with light shelf wear and light scratches on the disc (disc is missing a dime-sized piece of the paint)

PlayStation 3
Darksiders complete and like new
Darksiders II Special Edition complete and like new
Disgaea 3 complete with light shelf wear
Drakengard 3 complete with light shelf wear
Kingdoms of Amalur-the Reckoning complete with light shelf wear
Sengoku Basara-Samurai Heroes complete with light shelf wear
Shadows of the Damned complete with light shelf wear
South Park the Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition new/sealed (well...I opened it to see what was inside!)

PlayStation 4
Assassin's Creed Unity new/sealed (my nephew gave it to me from his collector's edition since he already owned the game)
The Order 1886 Premium Edition new/sealed (I opened it to see what was inside tho!)

Famicom
Dragon Quest complete in box with shelf wear (dings, bends, etc.)
Dragon Quest II complete in box with shelf wear (dings, bends, etc.)
Dragon Quest III complete in box with shelf wear (dings, bends, etc.)
Dragon Quest IV complete in box with shelf wear (dings, bends, etc.)

Super Famicom
Dragon Quest I & II complete in box with minor shelf wear
Dragon Quest III complete in box with light shelf wear
Dragon Quest V complete in box with light shelf wear
Dragon Quest VI complete in box with light shelf wear

...I think that is all.....May be picking up a Retron 5 tonight so I might be adding that to the list and who knows what else.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2015, 12:03:19 pm »
My *absolutely huge* pick-ups list for August so far includes:

An imported Shin Megami Tensei (for Super Famicom) - and now that I have it I realize that I hate this kind of gameplay  :-X
Legend of Mana (PSN) - for $3 I'll definitely try it out. To hell with the pricey PS1 version  :o
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (3DS) - I was looking forward to replay my favorite gen since a long time, and Amazon had it for $30 this week-end so I couldn't resist!  ;D I'm excited to try the new secret bases!

doafan

« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2015, 05:51:47 pm »
As mentioned last week I purchased the Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and it has arrived into my office yesterday, decided to complete the trilogy because of all the mess that Konami has right now, saw this video from AlphaOmegaSin where he explains that the company will turn the franchise into a erotic Panchiko Machine, I might not like the game but that's not a way to end such legacy, paid for this little fella the exaggerated amount of $ 7.80 bucks and since the seller had another title that I was looking, am talking about the first release of the Golf title for the NES for this bad boy I pay $ 6.85, can't believe that is almost as the same price than Castlevania but since both are in excellent condition I can't complain about these prices  8)

Kid Dracula for $4.95

Holly cow this has to be the best purchase that I ever saw on this thread, congratulations for this acquisition

I want to see some pictures when you arrive to the Black Queen level, am kidding but I do envy you for this purchase, as always sir wonder if you can tell how much did you paid for this beauty, it's at my wish list, this one and the one for the GameBoy too  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:36 pm »
I like Castlevania II. Love the exploration and added RPG-elements it had. Made the game seem like it had more meat to it.

Granted the night/day cycle was annoying since the game completely stopped when it changed. And some of the clues were cryptic. No way you'd know how to kneel at the cliff for a cyclone to take you away without looking up a guide. But the rest of the clues aren't nearly as bad as that cliff one.

desocietas

« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2015, 08:34:35 pm »
Legend of Mana (PSN) - for $3 I'll definitely try it out. To hell with the pricey PS1 version  :o

Legend of Man was one of my first PS1 games, and I adore it for how cute it is.  I also loved it's quirky gameplay and some strange mechanics it has.. I don't want to spoil the experience :)  But some people didn't care for it because it didn't follow what Secret of Mana did, but I love it nonetheless.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2015, 09:02:58 pm »

Legend of Man was one of my first PS1 games, and I adore it for how cute it is.  I also loved it's quirky gameplay and some strange mechanics it has.. I don't want to spoil the experience :)  But some people didn't care for it because it didn't follow what Secret of Mana did, but I love it nonetheless.

I only played Sword of Mana in that series yet, but I absolutely loved it! I'm pretty excited to try it, though for now I have to say that the lack of information at the beginning made me feel a bit empty somehow haha. I guess I'm getting old / too used to recent games  :P I've got to get back to more retro gaming!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2015, 03:35:19 am »

I want to see some pictures when you arrive to the Black Queen level, am kidding but I do envy you for this purchase, as always sir wonder if you can tell how much did you paid for this beauty, it's at my wish list, this one and the one for the GameBoy too  ;)

$29 shipped from eBay. More than I usually pay for a game but from what I've played so far it's pretty good!

kashell

« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2015, 08:30:08 am »

Same. Legend of Mana is magical. I'm a huge Mana fan, and Legend of Mana managed to be different enough from Secret of Mana to keep things fresh but still maintained something special the series is known for.

It's such a shame Heroes of Mana and Dawn of Mana happened. ~_~() *sigh*

gf78

« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2015, 09:41:35 am »
Aside from a game here or there, this is the last of my pickups for August.  Got this stuff last night.

Other
Retron 5 System:  grey, new in box...until I open it and load up translation patches for my Famicom/Super Famicom games!
Theatrhthym Final Fantasy Hero of Light keychain/charm/accessory thingie....it's a little figure you can hook to stuff.
Dead Space Aftermath DVD
Dead Space Downfall DVD
Dante's Inferno an Animated Epic DVD

Nintendo DS
Aliens Infestation brand new/sealed

Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP system in silver complete in box with all manuals, etc.  A few small scratches on top lid, but barely noticeable.

PlayStation
Syphon Filter complete with light shelf wear, light scratches on disc.  Backside of manual has little dings/tears where some idiot got the tabs under the back cover when they slid the book in.   >:(
Syphon Filter 2 complete in like-new condition
Syphon Filter 3 greatest hits version complete in like-new condition
Tenchu 2 greatest hits version complete with a few cracks in the case and light scratches on the disc.

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us