Author Topic: Games that beat YOU!  (Read 4984 times)

abe

Re: Games that beat YOU!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 01:44:56 pm »
Tales of Symphonia came close back when it was first released on the Game Cube. I learned the hard way that you should never trust a third-party memory card. Otherwise, your save data that had your team's levels in the 80s with fantastic equipment, lots of Titles, lots of progress made in their cooking, lots of just about EVERYTHING will go kaput. : D ---- X_X
Oh god you just made me super paranoid again and reminded me to buy a first party Gamecube memory card! I have had the same third-party (madcatz at that... definitely not the most reliable third-party) card ever since my original Gamecube and I'm very afraid to lose everything eventually  :-\ I bought a 1024 blocks on ebay last year, only to realize that it would always corrupt even though the seller mentioned it was in working condition  >:( I haven't tried getting another card since, I should get like 3-4 of the 256 blocks ones...

Giiiiirl...I hope you don't go through what I did. @_@ Mad Catz is just awful. Seriously, that company needs to be burned to the ground and built back from scratch.

Have you ever used any of their fightsticks? I've heard they're pretty good. Not everything they make is garbage... just most of it.

Isn't that basically all they make now?

They still make lots of other stuff too, like gaming mice and keyboards. I do believe they're also making the plastic instruments that come with Rock Band 4. They don't make as much cheap crap as they used to.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 02:22:26 pm »
I didn't even know that they made fight sticks. I have a Hori and it serves me well, even thought it's hard to switch from a controller.

dondetti

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 04:59:18 pm »
Never got past the first stage of Gynoug too. With some exceptions, Shoot 'em Ups are not my forte anyway, but this one is fucked up.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

dondetti

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 05:08:18 pm »
Also Shadow of the Beast, anyone? Yeah don't know what to do, dying, wandering around some more, die again, rewind- It's real fun (I still like the series aesthetics though, Psygnosis games had a very distinct style).

Could probably mention all the die hard point & click adventures that trapped you to instant death constantly without any chance of knowing in advance. Often tried those, hardly finished any of these.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

jsoup

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 05:47:24 pm »
-Sonic 2 (GameGear). Like a lot of people, I got stuck in the trap that is the very first boss. It's actually not hard at all and you hardly have to move to beat it, but something about it just makes people want to jump around and hit things. I think it's mostly because it's pretty much the only boss in the series (even up to present) that makes you fight it by being still with half the of the action happening just off screen. The second hurdle follows the first boss, you're required to use the hang-glider, but the game isn't clear on how to do that. The instructions in the manual are less specific than you think. 

-Jak II. This game has a problem with sudden difficulties spikes that most people would call "unreasonable", mixed with sometimes unresponsive controls. Part of overcoming this is understanding what the game wants you to do, understanding what you're doing wrong and then hacking the controls.

azure

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 08:48:30 pm »
Megaman and Bass tore me a new one, that game was so difficult to beat. I was even playing the SNES version, I can only imagine how much worse it would be with the GBA version.

gf78

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 09:02:03 am »
I didn't check thoroughly through this post, but I'm surprised to not have seen E.T. listed here by anyone else.

What a crap game.  Wander around.  Hold the button to run.  Fall into pits that are just colored areas Hold button to raise head and levitate.  Get to top, immediately fall back down.  Find some sort of...something in a pit...guy in a trenchcoat nabs you.  Wander around for 30 seconds, some kid-I presume Elliot-grabs you and drags you back to the beginning.  Rinse and repeat.

Has anyone ever finished that game???
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

jsoup

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 12:16:51 pm »
Has anyone ever finished that game???

I did a few years ago. It's bad, but not as bad as people make it out to be. Honestly, I've played more frustrating modern games.

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »
sonic 6.
i could not get off the first level.

two worlds.
beat my ass with glitches.