Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29442 times)

abe

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2015, 07:12:17 pm »
I've had a game get here a couple of days late because USPS decided sending it through Tampa instead of directly to Orlando was a great idea, but nothing that bad. I'd send them a complaint or something regarding that.

The issue here isn't with the mail carrier, it's that Amazon just isn't shipping the preorders until weeks after release. I could complain to Amazon.ca's customer service, but since the items are still technically arriving before the ridiculously late arrival estimates that Amazon provides, I doubt they would do anything about it. If it weren't for that 30% off E3 promotion they had (which saved me a great deal of money), I would've preordered this stuff somewhere I can go pick it up on release day. :(

While on topic of how crappy Amazon can be, I'd like to also mention that they often do a terrible job packing their games. They seem to have no problem shipping a $50-$60 game in a s***** little bubble mailer, yet they'll send books of around the same size that cost $20 or less in nice big boxes. >:( Last year when I preordered the Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus limited edition from them, they shipped the damn thing in a bubble mailer and it was crushed by the time I got it. I sent it back and requested a new one and unsurprisingly they shipped the replacement in a bubble mailer as well. The replacement was still damaged a little, but not as bad as the first time. Now today, when I went to check the listing for Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX on Amazon, it seems that other users (who have actually received theirs already) are having the same issues with crushed boxes like I did with Senran Kagura. Now I'm worried that by the time I finally get my copy in a couple weeks, it'll be messed up too. >:( :'(

Sorry for the long rant. :-[

Because I passed my all  senior year competencies and med calculation exams, I rewarded myself and picked up Golden Sun for GBA at my local game store. :) Now I have an excuse to get a Game Boy Player now that I have a really good game to play on it.

Congrats. :) The Game Boy player is awesome. If you don't already have one, I recommend getting a GBA to GameCube link cable so that you can use it as a controller with the Game Boy Player. I find it's a lot better than just using the GameCube controller.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:16:58 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 08:33:06 pm »

Because I passed my all  senior year competencies and med calculation exams, I rewarded myself and picked up Golden Sun for GBA at my local game store. :) Now I have an excuse to get a Game Boy Player now that I have a really good game to play on it.

Congrats. :) The Game Boy player is awesome. If you don't already have one, I recommend getting a GBA to GameCube link cable so that you can use it as a controller with the Game Boy Player. I find it's a lot better than just using the GameCube controller.

Huh, that's interesting! I have one already, but can all Game Boy games be controlled that way on the GameCube? Even if it doesn't say it's compatible on the box or anything?
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

maximo310

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »

Huh, that's interesting! I have one already, but can all Game Boy games be controlled that way on the GameCube? Even if it doesn't say it's compatible on the box or anything?
Yes, you should be able to do that. I've been able to do this with my Gamecube setup, and the control scheme is applicable to any Game boy line games.

abe

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 09:33:54 pm »

Yep, any game. The text on the slip over the case for the start-up disc says "Control game play with a Nintendo GameCube Controller or plug in the Nintndo GameCube Game Boy Advance cable, and use a Game Boy Advance system as a controller."
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

doafan

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »
It's not a doubt that Capcom used to be my favorite company when I was younger so this time decided to remember those old times with another title from this company also because the husband of my little sister claims that he is a retro gamer every time that I kick his ass at any recent fighting game, got very lucky to find a mint cartridge of the Super Street Fighter II with an almost new label for only $ 12 bucks also the same seller has the strategy guide of Haunting Ground and since it was at only $ 6 dollars decided to add it to my collection, dunno why but this title is being consider rare and really dunno why  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

telly

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2015, 10:28:42 pm »
Yes, you should be able to do that. I've been able to do this with my Gamecube setup, and the control scheme is applicable to any Game boy line games.

Yep, any game. The text on the slip over the case for the start-up disc says "Control game play with a Nintendo GameCube Controller or plug in the Nintndo GameCube Game Boy Advance cable, and use a Game Boy Advance system as a controller."

That's really cool, thanks you two for the info! :) That's a much better option since the GameCube D-pad isn't the best out there
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 08:28:35 am »
Used my Gamestop PowerUp Rewards points to pick up a few oldies yesterday.  I also got Tearaway Unfolded the other day so I'll list it here.

PlayStation 4
Tearaway Unfolded new/sealed

PlayStation 3
Valkyria Chronicles complete (light shelf wear)

Nintendo 3DS
Mario Kart 7 red box version complete (light shelf wear)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate complete (like new)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate complete (like new)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 06:13:59 pm »
^^^ I hope you all get the games you ordered soon!  :o That sounds stressful

Congrats! It's definitely motivating to reward yourself with a good game  :) I haven't played Golden Sun yet, but it's on my list for sure. It looks amazing :)

My Tearaway was shipped just this afternoon along with my Mario Maker, so I guess I'm good to go! I'll miss the postman since I'll be at work though, so no Mario Maker for me until Monday. Luckily, I should be able to keep myself busy until then  ::)

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 07:09:44 pm »
And the Salvation Army store delivers again!

DMC2 is missing disc 1, but had the disc for DMC1 instead, Red Dead Revolver has the Greatest Hits Disc (Thanks, GameStop!), Need For Speed Underground 2 is from the Need For Speed: Collector's Series box set, and I just now noticed that Halo 2 was in the box for the copy of Halo 3 I bought there 6 months ago.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:16:32 pm by scarface88fg »

Warmsignal

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 11:41:00 pm »
NFSU2? I put a ton of hours into that game back in the day. It's one of the best racers of the gen.

gf78

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2015, 08:50:52 am »
A few more pickups.  I've wanted to get the PlayStation Underground collection forever and found all but four together for $20.  I actually spent more for three of the ones I was missing at that point.  The only one I am missing is 5.1 which everyone seems to forget existed.  It was in a DVD-case size digipak with Twisted Metal Black on the cover and was all on a single DVD disc.  I won't rest until I hunt that one down now!

Wii U
Super Mario Maker new/sealed

PlayStation/PlayStation 2
PlayStation Underground Vol. 1.1 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 1.2 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 1.3 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 1.4 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 2.1 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 2.2 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 2.3 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 2.4 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 3.1 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 3.2 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 3.3 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 3.4 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 4.1 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 4.2 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 4.3 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
PlayStation Underground Vol. 4.4 (complete with shelf wear including dings in the cardboard and light scratches on the discs)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2015, 08:55:50 am »
A few more pickups.  I've wanted to get the PlayStation Underground collection forever and found all but four together for $20.  I actually spent more for three of the ones I was missing at that point.  The only one I am missing is 5.1 which everyone seems to forget existed.  It was in a DVD-case size digipak with Twisted Metal Black on the cover and was all on a single DVD disc.  I won't rest until I hunt that one down now!

Im pretty sure I have that. :o

gf78

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2015, 10:53:55 am »

Im pretty sure I have that. :o

Lol...you probably do.  A lot of people don't realize it was an Underground issue for several reasons.

1)  The case was completely different.  Instead of a gatefold CD-sized digipak, it was a simple DVD-sized digipak.
2)  The Playstation Underground logo was nowhere to be found.  Instead, it was the PlayStation symbols across the top with "PlayStation Underground" in small writing underneath.
3)  It was dominated by the visage of Sweet Tooth which led many to think it was just a Twisted Metal Black demo disc.
4)  Everything was on a single DVD instead of two discs.
5)  It was the one and only, lone issue to be packaged this way.

With all that being said, I will not rest until I own this.   >:(

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2015, 11:18:08 am »
A few more pickups.  I've wanted to get the PlayStation Underground collection forever and found all but four together for $20. 

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS? Seriously this is the coolest find ever! Demo discs are awesome IMO and finding all of them for this low of a price... color me jealous.

gf78

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2015, 11:21:09 am »
A few more pickups.  I've wanted to get the PlayStation Underground collection forever and found all but four together for $20. 

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS? Seriously this is the coolest find ever! Demo discs are awesome IMO and finding all of them for this low of a price... color me jealous.

A local guy who is a casual acquaintance had them.  He got them all when they were released through a subscription just like I did.  For whatever reason, he was missing three random issues and the last one.  So I had to find 1.2, 1.4 and 3.3 on my own and ended up paying more for those three than the thirteen I got from him.  But it was a pretty good deal all around when you look at it as a whole.  Once I have everything together, I'm going to upload pics of them as well as all my .hack and Xeno series games.

You can find the majority of them on eBay fairly easily, but on there you will generally pay between $15-20 for a single used issue.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:26:26 am by gf78 »