Author Topic: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!  (Read 36753 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2015, 07:35:49 pm »
This is the fastest I've ever seen someone complete a Secret Santa.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2015, 08:37:59 am »
I was going to do everything online, but I stopped in a shop to kill time and they had a complete copy of a game for the price I wouldve paid for a loose copy online.  One item down.

My wife started making some crafty video game related things for xmas, might throw one or two of those in the box.

Shipping is gonna be murder.

karyann

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2015, 12:52:00 pm »
I was going to do everything online, but I stopped in a shop to kill time and they had a complete copy of a game for the price I wouldve paid for a loose copy online.  One item down.

My wife started making some crafty video game related things for xmas, might throw one or two of those in the box.

Shipping is gonna be murder.

Yeah, shipping prices (if that's what you were talking about) is kind of the unexpected evil twist in the plot of the story.   ??? I'm sure to bust the limit because of the shipping, but I wouldn't want my giftee to suffer a smaller gift because Canada Posts' rates suck.   ::)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2015, 03:27:26 pm »
Ordered a couple of older games from my giftee's wish list online. I'll visit another shop tomorrow and try again with a modern game or two. Can't forget the candy!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

abe

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2015, 04:32:06 pm »
Canada Posts' rates suck.   ::)

So true. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2015, 11:05:05 pm »
Random snacks inbound! I hope my giftee likes the random crap I like to eat :P

soera

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2015, 11:14:27 pm »
I got my stuff ready to go. :)

desocietas

« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2015, 12:50:37 am »
Does Canada post have something like a fixed rate box? USPS has some boxes that you can fill up with whatever weight and the shipping is still the same. Will include insurance, too, usually, which is handy.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2015, 07:43:51 am »
For those in Canada, if you live close enough to the border, you could always take a day drive into the states and save yourself a good chunk on shipping if you are shipping to the US.

If anyone is interested, I can put together a little post with some helpful information to save yourself money with shipping.  It mostly only applies to shipping within the US, but I can include some info about shipping internationally from inside the US.

kashell

« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2015, 08:29:00 am »
Everyone here is on the money! I'm so impressed! Like I said, I'll be doing the majority of my shopping this week when I'm on vacation.

I'm not worried about shipping. I don't have that many gifts to buy this year (thankfully) so if I exceed the 50 dollar limit, then it's no big deal. I won't be throwing any candy in there, though. I'm far too classy for that. ^.~

karyann

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2015, 11:05:25 am »
Everyone here is on the money! I'm so impressed! Like I said, I'll be doing the majority of my shopping this week when I'm on vacation.

I'm not worried about shipping. I don't have that many gifts to buy this year (thankfully) so if I exceed the 50 dollar limit, then it's no big deal. I won't be throwing any candy in there, though. I'm far too classy for that. ^.~

After Eight chocolate is classy  8) (and delicious)

kashell

« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:35 pm »

After Eight chocolate is classy  8) (and delicious)

Even the name is classy!

And I guess I'll be reneging the "not sending candy" thing because at work, someone left some local chocolates that I snatched like wig in a drag queen fight. So, my giftee will be receiving some of the finest chocolates from my current city.

desocietas

« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2015, 03:09:09 pm »
someone left some local chocolates that I snatched like wig in a drag queen fight.

hahah that analogy... kash, you're the best.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »
Guys I'm really happy that I'm all set for this already. Great to have that check mark off my list! I'm so excited to see what I get too!!!

kashell

« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2015, 03:30:02 pm »
someone left some local chocolates that I snatched like wig in a drag queen fight.

hahah that analogy... kash, you're the best.

<3

I enjoy brightening people's days.