Author Topic: Console Peasants versus PC Master Race: Why the Peasants Win!  (Read 10223 times)

dreama1

Re: Console Peasants versus PC Master Race: Why the Peasants Win!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 05:26:44 pm »
I appreciate that *almost* everyone is being really friendly and civil in this topic that can often devolve into namecalling and baseless logic.

I just wanted to say that I'm happy to hear about anyone enjoying video games, whether it's on mobile, handheld, console, or PC.  And let's not forget pinball and other arcade machines <3

Not everyone can afford what other people may be "best" and it really comes down to the person's individual preferences. I'm not big on games for the XBox One, but I'm not going to call Xbox One owners "noobs" or other names just because they like the system and the library it has. I'm glad they're getting backwards compatibility and look forward to what is in store for them.

I game on both PC and console and love both. They both have their pros and cons, and I take that into consideration when deciding which platform to pick for a multi-platform title.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to those who are discussing this peacefully. And I should mention that I am one of those people who streams and records lets plays and am surprised to be called "trendy" or whatever. I stream for the same reason that I come here - to meet and chat with other fellow game lovers. I'm sorry if you think it's stupid or whatever, but considering what else is happening in the world, I don't think it's all that awful.
Oh.. you didn't read my response it seems but you want generalize it, and take it personal? Well that's fine just don't attach me to it indirectly please. I don't like the micro aggression you're showing towards me, I don't appreciate that. If you disagree that's fine, but at least have the courtesy to elaborate on your point. I don't mind what anyone games on i'm using a computer right now.(shocking)

No where has anyone wrote everyone who steams is trendy attention seeker, or whatever. Read it again, and please think about if any of that that I wrote applies to you. I'm guessing you're not a Swedish streamer with a bro army?? If you are i'm sorry to hear that..

Why's there such nihilist cult around discussing this? That its strangely taboo? Can't we point out flaws, and positives in our beloved platforms in respectful way with that much maturity without "actual fanboyism" as in regards to the topic of the original poster, and have a discussion going instead of this mind numbing monologue? Or do we have to be surrounded by teddy bears in a sponge room because someone needs a hugging pillow when dealing with something on the contrary. Sigh.. I don't get it.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:28:39 pm by dreama1 »

telly

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 05:44:28 pm »
I have to point out that from what I'm seeing, I fell like desocietas is pretty much echoing the same ideas you are, man :-\

"I appreciate that *almost* everyone is being really friendly and civil in this topic that can often devolve into namecalling and baseless logic."
and
"I game on both PC and console and love both. They both have their pros and cons, and I take that into consideration when deciding which platform to pick for a multi-platform title."

"Can't we point out flaws, and positives in our beloved platforms in respectful way with that much maturity without "actual fanboyism" as in regards to the topic of the original poster?"
I don't mind what anyone games on i'm using a computer right now

^^ I agree with you both; it's fine to like whatever gaming platform you want! And thoughtful discussion really is important. But I think really aggressive, unwarranted and disrespectful communication doesn't help illustrate one's point, and I wouldn't personally be upset if someone called me out for doing that, just saying...  :-\
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:46:17 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 05:50:29 pm »
Nihilist cult. Oh dear.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

maximo310

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 06:05:23 pm »
Dreama1, you seem like a very reasonable person. /s

dreama1

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »
I have to point out that from what I'm seeing, I fell like desocietas is pretty much echoing the same ideas you are, man :-\

"I appreciate that *almost* everyone is being really friendly and civil in this topic that can often devolve into namecalling and baseless logic."
and
"I game on both PC and console and love both. They both have their pros and cons, and I take that into consideration when deciding which platform to pick for a multi-platform title."

"Can't we point out flaws, and positives in our beloved platforms in respectful way with that much maturity without "actual fanboyism" as in regards to the topic of the original poster?"
I don't mind what anyone games on i'm using a computer right now

^^ I agree with you both; it's fine to like whatever gaming platform you want! And thoughtful discussion really is important. But I think really aggressive, unwarranted and disrespectful communication doesn't help illustrate one's point, and I wouldn't personally be upset if someone called me out for doing that, just saying...  :-\
Hmm..  Well it wasn't aimed at anyone. I think we should all be allowed to express if we have dissatisfaction be it negative or positive on a subject instead of sugar coating everything because of the sensibilities "actual fanboys" not fantasy ones. Because what I said was totally taken out of context in hostile way directed toward me.  I addressed the idiotic rumour  that was spread from unknown sources with zero evidence or reliable sources that said we wont have a totally digital ps5 or xbox 4. Kind of heard it to many times it's tiring to here at this point.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:09:16 pm by dreama1 »

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2015, 06:08:21 pm »
Can't we point out flaws, and positives in our beloved platforms in respectful way with that much maturity without "actual fanboyism" as in regards to the topic of the original poster, and have a discussion going instead of this mind numbing monologue?

You might want to take your own advice after what you originally wrote. 

dreama1

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »
Can't we point out flaws, and positives in our beloved platforms in respectful way with that much maturity without "actual fanboyism" as in regards to the topic of the original poster, and have a discussion going instead of this mind numbing monologue?

Mob rule then is it lol?   A forgot a platform isn't just a platform for some people, it's existence therefore I can't say a bad word against a computer?  If i'm the bad guy here,. all right then that's fine haha. But you might want to re-read what I wrote I never mentioned anyone. But it's fine i'll play the bad guy so all continue please.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:26:11 pm by dreama1 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 06:27:14 pm »

Mob rule then is it lol?   A forgot a platform isn't just a platform for some people, it's existence therefore I can't say a bad word against a computer?  If i'm the bad guy here,. all right then that's fine haha. But you might want to re-read what I wrote I never mentioned anyone. But it's fine i'll play the bad guy so all continue please.

Dude, you literally came out said the PC is shit, then went on to say all reasons why and wasn't nice about it at all. Totally confrontational. Not everyone picking on you.

dreama1

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 06:36:44 pm »

Dude, you literally came out said the PC is shit, then went on to say all reasons why and wasn't nice about it at all. Totally confrontational. Not everyone picking on you.
Yeah I said it was shit, and I gave reasons why I felt that. Didn't get any rebuttals through. I do gaming on PC as well. Does it matter if I don't like the platform that much? I don't see what crime i've committed? You know the damn the thread is called console peasants? I'm just leveling the playing field.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »
Don't feed the trolls.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 07:09:30 pm »
Inb4 thread lock?

tpugmire

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 07:15:22 pm »
Everyone take a deep breath and chill. Getting a little heated for no apparent reason.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 09:13:34 pm »
You've had your pc for 3 years? , enjoy it well it lasts. It'll crap out in a few years with blue screen, and error messages that might as well be written in chinese. Check it's life span it's not suppose to last long, I'm presuming your not tech savvy either. So as I said enjoy it while it lasts.

You could change "PC" to "XBox One" or "PS4" and it would also be true.
You own an atari don't you? Still working isn't it?

As are my Commodore 64's, my Tandy Color Computers, and Atari 800XL's. Also my 20 year old PC's function fine. Also if the life span is determined not only by physical life span but the ability it play the newest media and games, then each new console generation becomes obsolete, even if it carries one generation of backward compatibility.

PC gamer or console gamer - we must all upgrade in one sense or the other. I'm not playing Fallout 4 on my Atari 2600 any more than I am on my 1994 486DX2 66Mhz. Upgrading and/or buying new equipment is part of the game no matter which platform you choose. Is one more expensive than the other? Sure but if one has the money to spend on an expensive gaming pc it shouldn't matter to the gamer who chooses to purchase a relatively inexpensive console if that's all he can afford.

dreama1

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 09:50:54 pm »
You've had your pc for 3 years? , enjoy it well it lasts. It'll crap out in a few years with blue screen, and error messages that might as well be written in chinese. Check it's life span it's not suppose to last long, I'm presuming your not tech savvy either. So as I said enjoy it while it lasts.

You could change "PC" to "XBox One" or "PS4" and it would also be true.
You own an atari don't you? Still working isn't it?

As are my Commodore 64's, my Tandy Color Computers, and Atari 800XL's. Also my 20 year old PC's function fine. Also if the life span is determined not only by physical life span but the ability it play the newest media and games, then each new console generation becomes obsolete, even if it carries one generation of backward compatibility.

PC gamer or console gamer - we must all upgrade in one sense or the other. I'm not playing Fallout 4 on my Atari 2600 any more than I am on my 1994 486DX2 66Mhz. Upgrading and/or buying new equipment is part of the game no matter which platform you choose. Is one more expensive than the other? Sure but if one has the money to spend on an expensive gaming pc it shouldn't matter to the gamer who chooses to purchase a relatively inexpensive console if that's all he can afford.
Fair point atarileaf fair point. But i,m sure you'll be upgrading the computer much more often than a console. Not really any meaningful exclusives on the PC compared to console anymore. You have the classic RTS games, and the great indie scene. But seems like a pretty disposable platform and DRM. I don't consider people who support DRM real gamers, and we also don't need a high end PC to run DOOM, or duke nukem 3d anymore. 90s PC gaming sure.. Now not so much. Just to add Microsoft are trying to bring halo 5 to windows, if that doesn't spell desperate I don't know what else will.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 10:33:51 pm »
Why is this argument even still a thing. I'm all for having the option of choosing one over the other. There's nothing wrong with having preferences or engaging in a healthy debate. But we're all adults here with the power to buy whatever we choose with our big adult paychecks. It's one thing to be stubbornly loyal to a company or brand when you're a kid and your parents can only afford one console (or none, in my case.) It's quite another to still be picking fights over these things when we can choose whatever we want and have it delivered directly to our door through the magic of the Internet. The '90s are over, guys. I thought we were better than this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:38:21 pm by doctorlaudanum »