Author Topic: Gaming Resolutions for 2016  (Read 7426 times)

gf78

Re: Gaming Resolutions for 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 03:30:26 pm »
1.  Reach over 2000 items in my collection.
2.  Purchase (boxed) NES, SNES and N64 systems.
3.  Not buy a single "new" EA game except Garden Warfare 2.  I hate supporting this company and their shenanigans.
4.  Get an import copy of Bloodborne - The Old Hunters (since Asia actually got physical copies)
5.  Custom shelves.  I plan to use a Dremel to carve/etch the name of the system that the games are for on a piece of wood mounted to the top.  It will be fun.  So when you look at the shelf of (say) PS2 games, it will have the "PlayStation 2" logo across the top.
6.  Finally finish taking pictures and cataloging all the various posters, promos, standees and other assorted swag I have.
7.  Have enough aluminum cans saved up that when I cash them in, I can buy a brand-new game or pay off a preorder.
8.  Have enough change saved up to buy a brand-new game or pay off a preorder.
9.  Find more rare & unusual PlayStation items that were not for sale.
10.  Keep playing games with my girls.  I see a lot of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 in my future...
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

maximo310

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 07:37:34 pm »
1. Finish my Wii collection, I have a few more third party titles and first party things to get.
2. Expand my DS/ 3DS/ PSP/Gamecube collections.
3. Try not to buy anything new ( unless its a collectors/ limited edition that's is in demand)
4.  Get some more Saturn/Dreamcast/ Xbox 360 shmups
5. Cut down on duplicates and sell those
6. Look into getting Everdrives for cart systems
7. Find a cheap monitor that can easily be mounted in a vertical ( 3:4 or 9:16) position.
8. Play more games and get more shelving.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 02:31:01 am »
I think 2016 will be the year I finally play to completion the many Final Fantasy games I either stopped part way through or purchased but not played.

FF9
FF X
FF X2
FF XII
FF XIII
FF XIII 2
FF XIII 3
FF Type 0

That said I will probably only play Xenoblade Chronicles X. :)

And I will also impulse buy another metric f-ton of games.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 03:15:32 am »
1. Finish aquiring the games on my PS3, Wii, and 360 wish lists.
2. Finish off my amiibo collection by buying a Lucina amiibo at MSRP
3. Play more Vita and 3DS games.
4. Play Uncharted 2 & 3 before 4 is released.
5. Beat more games overall. Maybe at least 30.
6. Achieve Platinum Trophies on some of the Playstation games I'm close on.
7. Become more active in this community  :D

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 07:31:16 am »
Start collecting for the NES and SNES, finish acquiring the PS1 and PS2 games I want, and buy a WiiU n a PS4.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 12:02:32 pm »
When I was 17 or so I said I was going to be president in 2016.  That would be the first election I'd be eligible for the office. 

That didn't work out, so I'll stick with game collecting and playing goals.

1)  Same as last year.  Finish my NES collection.  I'm 18 games away.  It won't be long.  Flintstones is the big hurdle.  Stadium Events just isn't going to happen.

2) Inventory all this shit.  I've had a few things leave my collection.  This is going to be a job.

3) Find a good spot to put my collection.  I'm in the process of selling my house.  I hope I can find something else soon.  It's all boxed up right now.  :'(

4) Get back to making videos.  I want to finish my Complete NES Review.  I haven't made a video in nearly a year.  I want to get back to it.  I want to do some more Playing Games With The Boy and I have a couple more ideas. 

5) Really jump off in the podcast.  Retro Reload is going to be better than ever in the new year.  I've been adding equipment and we are getting better as a group.  If you haven't checked it out.  We have a good time.

6) Enjoy my collection.  I have all these games.  I need to take more time to enjoy them. 

retrogemcollector

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »
20 other LE consoles and about 150 more games, then I consider my collection complete.

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 02:17:01 am »
To wrap up my active collecting by axing some from the want list that I can live without and really putting effort into acquiring the rest.

Playing more games, particularly more NES, Genesis, and SNES.

To no be so anti-social and actually play at least one Wii U game online, since it's there and it's free.

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 10:58:03 am »
I'm gonna try to make some real goals for next year.

Maybe knock my wishlist down to under 200, either buying/trading games or getting rid of titles I probably don't care about.

Do a full inventory of everything I own.

Finish my app to price out my collection.  (Hoping to actually finish that this year, but who knows how long that will take me)

Repair my ylod PS3

Complete my current top 10 wishlist by the end of 2016.  (I've already knocked off 1, so maybe I'll make a new top 10 before the end of the month)

More to come I'm sure.

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 01:42:28 pm »
1920x1080 ;)

doafan

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 04:19:54 pm »
If am still alive for this 2016 this will be my resolutions will begin with some more titles for my Xbox 306...

* Deadpool
* Splatterhouse
* Dante's Inferno
* Silent Hill: Downpour
* The King of Fighters XIII
* BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
* Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

For the last gen consoles definitely will gonna get an Xbox One with the following titles:

* Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
* Gears of War 4
* Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Also and for sure a Japanese copy of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 but not quite sure for which console, dunno why but I got the feeling that am forgetting to add some titles, if I remember them I'll update my list, this will help me out a lot to remember what I need to purchase first  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 11:28:04 am »
I'm gonna try to make some real goals for next year.

Maybe knock my wishlist down to under 200, either buying/trading games or getting rid of titles I probably don't care about.

Do a full inventory of everything I own.

Finish my app to price out my collection.  (Hoping to actually finish that this year, but who knows how long that will take me)

Repair my ylod PS3

Complete my current top 10 wishlist by the end of 2016.  (I've already knocked off 1, so maybe I'll make a new top 10 before the end of the month)

More to come I'm sure.
At the rate I'm moving currently, I might go under 200 before the end of this year.  Might have to actually adjust that and aim lower.

And I knocked off a few on my top 10, might knock off more before the end of this year.

I will definitely need to come up with better resolutions.

I'm now under 200 on my wishlist, and it'll probably go lower before the end of the year, by 10 games I bet.  I might also remove all of the really pricey games that I will likely never bother to purchase, maybe get digital copies instead (Hagane, EVO, Wild Guns, etc.)

I'm going to come up with a better list of goals.

1. Get my wishlist under 100
2. Finish application to price a collection
3. Do a full inventory (including condition) of my collection
4. Rearrange game room and build more shelving units
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:11:43 am by ctracy87 »

soera

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:44 pm »
My goals for 2016 are going to be a bit of loss and gain.

I have rebuilt my game museum into a gamer's room. I miss my museum type of room but now its usable to actually play games. With that said, I plan to simplify my collection in 2016. If its still in my closet, I need to sell it/trade it off.

The gain : I am going to continue my quest for a super PS4 collection. I have loads of titles Im looking forward to in the next 12/24 months and can not wait to acquire them all.

gf78

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 02:51:39 pm »
My goals for 2016 are going to be a bit of loss and gain.

I have rebuilt my game museum into a gamer's room. I miss my museum type of room but now its usable to actually play games. With that said, I plan to simplify my collection in 2016. If its still in my closet, I need to sell it/trade it off.

The gain : I am going to continue my quest for a super PS4 collection. I have loads of titles Im looking forward to in the next 12/24 months and can not wait to acquire them all.

Let the games begin!   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 02:56:11 pm »
Need to update my list a bit...

1.  Reach over 2000 items in my collection.
2.  Purchase (boxed) NES, SNES and N64 systems.
3.  Not buy a single "new" EA game except Garden Warfare 2.  I hate supporting this company and their shenanigans.
4.  Get an import copy of Bloodborne - The Old Hunters (since Asia actually got physical copies)
5.  Custom shelves.  I plan to use a Dremel to carve/etch the name of the system that the games are for on a piece of wood mounted to the top.  It will be fun.  So when you look at the shelf of (say) PS2 games, it will have the "PlayStation 2" logo across the top.
6.  Finally finish taking pictures and cataloging all the various posters, promos, standees and other assorted swag I have.
7.  Have enough aluminum cans saved up that when I cash them in, I can buy a brand-new game or pay off a preorder.
8.  Have enough change saved up to buy a brand-new game or pay off a preorder.
9.  Find more rare & unusual PlayStation items that were not for sale.

10.  Keep playing games with my girls.  I see a lot of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 in my future...