Author Topic: How do you organize?  (Read 2204 times)

brazbit

Re: How do you organize?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 12:35:30 am »
Organize?

Hmm... That may be giving it too much credit. I guess I use the Goonies Method for cartridges. I dedicated an old dresser to it. The Atari 2600 goes in the top drawer. The Genesis and Nintendo go in the second drawer. And the Coleco/N64/others go in the bottom drawer. Always separate the drugs.... err games. 

The only console cartridges not in there are the Odyessey 2 cartridges and they are in the same 8-track cases they have been in since the 70s.

Portable systems are in their own carrying cases and the games are in the cases as well.

Disc based systems? Sigh... those are just in Rubbermaid containers. I can't get too excited about doing anything with them. The 360 discs are still in the old DVD cases in the living room. I don't buy discs for the Xbox One or the PS4, much prefer digital for these systems so the one or two that we have are just tucked in with the 360 games.

The SNES/Super Famicom are an enigma. My wife is collecting those, currently they are in a collection of boxes, a couple for cleaned cartridges and a box or two for yet to be cleaned. What I do know is that once she decides what she wants to do with them, they will be indexed and alphabetized...

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 08:33:57 am »
By system, and then alphabetical.  If there are multiple games in a series for a console I sort those by release order.
I try to do this, but then when I go to inventory things are out of order according to VGCollect's alphabetical order.  So I just do it in alphabetical order according to VGCollect.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 03:33:10 pm »
Gonna be organizing by age of console and family. Trying to decide how I should work in my handheld collections or should I have those as separate thing entirely. Also considering going alphabetical but not sure if that'll look weird since I have most of my handheld games still in their collector boxes

sithsylar

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 01:19:11 am »
I have one row of all my games in Alphabetical Order.  Then i have another row of all the games i have completed so i can keep track of what i have done and haven't done. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »
All haphazard... a collector's nightmare. Well not entirely, I at least do by console. Everything I can fit into my game cabinet goes in, and what doesn't is shelved in my bedroom.