Author Topic: What console do you think has the best controller?  (Read 2979 times)

What console do you think has the best controller?
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:35:03 pm »
 My favorite is Xbox One controller. Its so flawless.  ;D   I love gamecube controller too.

sin2beta

Re: What console do you think has the best controller?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 05:47:01 pm »
I think people mainly get used to what they use a lot. My favorite controller of all time is the Genesis 3-button controller. I also love the xbox one controller. I miss the VMU mainly on the dreamcast controller, however, the d-pad prevents it from being a favorite. They might as well have put a cheese grater in place of the DC d-pad. That thing is brutal on your thumb.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 06:52:25 pm »
Gamecube Hands down, everyone else is wrong. :)

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:20:04 pm »
Xbox one.  Everything about it is perfect.

Gamecube doesnt have the proper 4 shoulder buttons, auto DQ.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:50:38 pm »
PS4 is my current fav. Xbox one is nice too.... always did like N64's though must people hate that one/
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:47:07 pm »
It's hard to pick, the GameCube controller works well for titles its designed for, but for a controller that's got the perfect universal design for multiple pieces of various software, I believe Sony's DualShock 4 or the SNES pad takes the cake as my personal favorite.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:11:09 pm »
I don't think there's been a perfect controller, but I personally find the 360/One controller design to be the best overall for comfort.

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:26 pm »
I'd have to go with the SNES controller.  It's really comfortable to use and I far prefer it to Sega's 16 bit controller offering.

As far as joysticks go I have to give it to the Magnavox Odyssey2.  I was actually really surprised how nice they were when I got my O2.  Very responsive and comfortable.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

azure

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:50:18 pm »
Curent- PS4
Retro- GameCube

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 10:37:52 pm »
Curent- PS4
Retro- GameCube
GameCube is considered retro?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

soera

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:46 pm »
Obviously right now my favorite is the Dualshock 4. Im going to shock people and say that my previous favorite is the micro controller from Madcatz/Gamestop for the OG Xbox. Perfectly sized and shaped for short mofos like myself, it made playing a multitude of hours on Morrowind actually possible.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:22 pm »
I have to go by what I find the most comfortable and easy to grasp. So definitely Juguar... jk. Xbox 360, and Wii U gamepad.

Curent- PS4
Retro- GameCube
GameCube is considered retro?

Gahh!! There's so much wrong with that as a sentence. A very modern style console from 2001 is now "retro", which actually means -
adjective: retro

imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past.
    "retro 60s fashions"

While that definitely is not what the GC is, or ever was. The new NES Mini plug and play is in a sense, a retro console, the original is not. But if they were to release a GameCube Mini, I'd struggle to even call that a retro console. More of a rehash console.

/ tangent

soera

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 11:01:46 pm »
I have my own definition of a retro console. To me, a retro console is anything before previous gen. So in that sense, I would also consider GC to be a retro system. Also its almost 15 years old and in that sense, as well, it would be retro. It was discontinued in 2007 which is almost 10 years ago. Another reasoning behind the retro classification.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 11:14:28 pm »
I have my own definition of a retro console. To me, a retro console is anything before previous gen. So in that sense, I would also consider GC to be a retro system. Also its almost 15 years old and in that sense, as well, it would be retro. It was discontinued in 2007 which is almost 10 years ago. Another reasoning behind the retro classification.

To each their own. It's just one of my gripes, the mass acceptance of the word retro being used incorrectly to describe things that were actually quite innovative and original.

For example, Led Zepplin IV is not a retro album, but it is a classic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:16:15 pm by Warmsignal »

stealthrush

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 11:50:18 pm »
My favorite is Xbox One controller. Its so flawless.  ;D   I love gamecube controller too.

Top Three Favorites

1. Sega Saturn controller - All around favorite, six buttons for fighters and light weight.
2. Super Nintendo controller - Since it has trigger buttons, and the sides are rounded. 
3. PC-FX controller - Since it feels similar to sega saturn with the six buttons

Honorable Mention

Dreamcast controller - Since it had a great joystick and unique memory card slot.
Xbox 360 controller - Overall great placement of buttons although d-pad is mushy over time.
PlayStation controller - Not the analog controller, the original lightweight gray PS1 pad.