Author Topic: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 12962 times)

Re: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2016, 11:03:42 pm »
I was just talking in my marketplace thread about wanting big box PC games and needing more Battlefield games, so what do I stumble across today? Big box Battlefield Vietnam Redux! It looks so cool! I didn't even know Battlefield games came in a big box as I bought BF1942 in the small box size and certainly don't remember any of the other games having big boxes.  Also grabbed FEAR which is an old favorite (Aged incredibly poorly though) and I'm into WW2 games, so I figured I'd grab the copy of Company of Heroes as I own it on Steam.  Also found a random Sega CD game for a buck.  Don't collect these, but I've always loved the Sega CD cases.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2016, 01:00:16 am »

desocietas

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »
oh nice! good to see the differences between the two versions. Now I'm tempted to waste the money to get the other variant...

In other news, got my CE of World of Final Fantasy yesterday. A nice, hefty box! Unfortunately, one of the corners has some light crushing, but I'm hoping that it doesn't affect the contents. I'll have to open it up soon to check.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »
*EDIT*
Woops, wrong thread for that, but I did pick up Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on PS4 yesterday along with the season pass for Dark Souls 3 the other day.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:42:03 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:50 pm »

Joy Mecha Fight
Shadows of the Empire
Game & Watch Gallery
Super Mario 64 DS
Kirby's Adventure

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2016, 10:40:04 am »
Pretty light additions since I spent the last month in the field.

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei: Apocalypse

PS4
DragonBall Xenoverse 2

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2016, 03:38:35 pm »
Very World of Warcraft day today.  Nearly bought the entire line of games, but the Salvation Army I found the older Standard/Burning Crusade Battle Chest with a guide in it overprices their stuff.  10 bucks for an unusable game and kinda shitty box wasn't worth.  They also had Wrath of the Lich King for 10 bucks which is dumb.  The other Salvation Army had the first two for 3 bucks a pop and I got Mists of Pandaria for 2 bucks at another thrift shop, so a very nice deal.

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2016, 04:54:09 pm »
Very World of Warcraft day today.  Nearly bought the entire line of games, but the Salvation Army I found the older Standard/Burning Crusade Battle Chest with a guide in it overprices their stuff.  10 bucks for an unusable game and kinda shitty box wasn't worth.  They also had Wrath of the Lich King for 10 bucks which is dumb.  The other Salvation Army had the first two for 3 bucks a pop and I got Mists of Pandaria for 2 bucks at another thrift shop, so a very nice deal.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one that collects PC games :)

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2016, 05:15:41 pm »

Been a PC gamer for years, but never really kinda took the plunge into active PC collecting, but lately I felt like sorta diving into it, especially since PC games are almost always pretty cheap, especially compared to most other stuff since a lot of PC games are mostly useless within the past like...10 years, or when you get older, are unplayable because of age.  Found a nice little stack over the past week to get me started along with the few I already had.

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2016, 06:09:50 pm »

Been a PC gamer for years, but never really kinda took the plunge into active PC collecting, but lately I felt like sorta diving into it, especially since PC games are almost always pretty cheap, especially compared to most other stuff since a lot of PC games are mostly useless within the past like...10 years, or when you get older, are unplayable because of age.  Found a nice little stack over the past week to get me started along with the few I already had.

That's what I love about it. There are very few complete PC games that are worth over $20 and there is such a small amount of collectors for them they can be found all over the place. I've seen people giving them away, it's awesome!

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2016, 06:24:28 pm »
Wish I had the space for something that I couldn't play/isn't valuable.

spac316

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2016, 09:51:43 pm »
Just got Zero Divide for PS1 and a few Super Mario Hot wheels. Need two more for that...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:53:31 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2016, 09:18:02 am »
[...]  a lot of PC games are mostly useless within the past like...10 years, or when you get older, are unplayable because of age.

I'd say they are mostly useless because most of them are bound to Steam, Origin, whatever...
Takes away so much joy and fun of collecting recent pc games. I gave up, when Steam went big a few years ago. Never looked back, never had regrets.

« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2016, 10:56:36 am »
[...]  a lot of PC games are mostly useless within the past like...10 years, or when you get older, are unplayable because of age.

I'd say they are mostly useless because most of them are bound to Steam, Origin, whatever...
Takes away so much joy and fun of collecting recent pc games. I gave up, when Steam went big a few years ago. Never looked back, never had regrets.

The way I look at it, if there is a PC game that I want to collect that is within 10-years old, the physical version can be more or less useless if I do have it on Steam or Origin. The fact that I have a physical copy of it with the box, manual and other goodies, and the game itself installed via online distribution is enough for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2016, 12:46:40 pm »
Don't they have a system now that if you have the disc-version, Steam or GoG will recognize it, and give you the digital version for free? I thought I saw something like that on GoG, at least. So I'd assume Steam would do it too.