Author Topic: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11582 times)

Warmsignal

Re: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 06:37:01 pm »

More fight pad hunting, and Wind Waker HD.

spac316

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 07:11:32 pm »
Got myself Saturday Night Slam Masters for SNES, Portal 2 and Prototype 2 for XBox360, Yoshi for GB, Forsaken for PS1, Wipeout Fusion for PS2 and IronSword for NES! I also got GameBoy carriers, those were given to me. Kay-Bee bags as well.

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 07:13:40 pm »
Kay-Bee bags as well.

I remember Kay-Bee from way back. Not to be confused with the also defunct KB Toys.

tripredacus

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 10:34:28 am »
Kay-Bee bags as well.

I remember Kay-Bee from way back. Not to be confused with the also defunct KB Toys.

Why, they were the same company. Kay-Bee Toystore rebranded to KB Toys in the mid 90s.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »
Kay-Bee bags as well.

Why, they were the same company. Kay-Bee Toystore rebranded to KB Toys in the mid 90s.

Beat me to it. Toy Liquidators was also part of that company.

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 01:09:33 pm »
Kay-Bee bags as well.

In my area we had both existing at the same time. I assumed they were different, but the Kay Bee store closed long before the KB Toys did. Maybe it was something else all together but I thought it was called Kay Bee.

spac316

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 07:52:32 pm »
Got Atari Flashback vol. 2 and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for XBox One.

tripredacus

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 10:01:21 am »
Kay-Bee bags as well.

In my area we had both existing at the same time. I assumed they were different, but the Kay Bee store closed long before the KB Toys did. Maybe it was something else all together but I thought it was called Kay Bee.

I don't know the exact history of it, but we had the same thing here. Perhaps they also had corporate stores and then franchise stores too? I know, for example, KB that was in one mall, and another mall it was still Kay-Bee. But I remember when the one changed their sign, and they did not redo all of their price tags so you could find old tags in the newly named store. Another example I remember is when we had both Gamestop and Electronics Boutique. I know the answer to that, it was the different type of stores, or management or something. Where the EBs in malls and the stand-alone EBs received name changes at different times. I think the stand alone stores got their names changed first and the mall stores were some months later.

Warmsignal

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 11:09:56 am »
Kay-Bee bags as well.

I don't know the exact history of it, but we had the same thing here. Perhaps they also had corporate stores and then franchise stores too? I know, for example, KB that was in one mall, and another mall it was still Kay-Bee. But I remember when the one changed their sign, and they did not redo all of their price tags so you could find old tags in the newly named store. Another example I remember is when we had both Gamestop and Electronics Boutique. I know the answer to that, it was the different type of stores, or management or something. Where the EBs in malls and the stand-alone EBs received name changes at different times. I think the stand alone stores got their names changed first and the mall stores were some months later.

Yeah that's weird. Around here Kay Bee and KB Toys were both in the same mall.

nellen

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 09:04:18 pm »

so kinda crazy but i got gun nac for free today

Warmsignal

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 09:15:59 pm »
Yeah that is crazy.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 09:20:19 am »

You can't just say you got a $100+ game for free and not explain how! Go on....

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 10:30:24 am »

Awesome!  It's a pretty fun game too. 

I'll give you 4x what you paid for it!

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 10:55:15 am »

Awesome!  It's a pretty fun game too. 

I'll give you 4x what you paid for it!

Pshh, I'm pay you a 1000000x what he paid for it. Multiply by 0 and you can't go wrong ;)

nellen

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2017, 11:22:12 am »
a friend said he had some nes games from when he was young and asked if i wanted them. i told him what gun nac was worth and he give to me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:25:35 am by nellen »