Author Topic: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11584 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:43 pm »
Finally I get to start this thread.

Happy new year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:29:13 pm by soera »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:53:15 pm »
All digital titles for this post, I'm waiting to share my physical stuff from Christmas until some stuff shows up in the mail that used Christmas money on, so I can take a picture.

I just got S.C.A.T. on my 3DS from the eShop...S.C.A.T. Fun shoot-em up with a funny name originally on the NES.

I also got Shantae: Risky's Revenge (which was the real reason I got $20 on eShop, I hate how you can't just outright pay for a game, S.C.A.T. was used with the leftover). I finished Pirate's Curse recently, and liked it a lot. So I was itching for some more.

Also got an indie 360-degree 3D space-ship shooter called Thorium Wars with some of the remainder, on sale for only $2.99. Reminiscent of Descent, but the ship is much slower, unfortunately. Haven't done much with it but test it out, though.

Also got The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II for XBox One (also digital). If you've played the first one, this is more of the same. It's a loot-heavy, hack-n-slash RPG much like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Neverwinter Nights. But this one is set in a steam-punk version of Victorian England and you are fighting mad scientist creations and mash-ups of monsters and steampunk machinery. Both this and the first game are very well made, and addicting if you like this sort of RPG.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:08:39 am by burningdoom »

theflea

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 09:27:04 am »
Happy New year everyone!  ;D
Had some cool pick ups the last 2 weeks. These where technically in December and the last pick ups of 2016.
Even picked up a new "extremely rare" gaming console that I'm sure no one here was heard about. lol

Saw this on clearance for under $10 and figured it was one of the last figures of Disney Infinity to be made I might as well pick it up.
- Dory

XBone
- Just Dance 2016 (on clearance for $8)
- Dead Rising 4 (Best Buy had a sale and I had a coupon that made it $26)

PS4
- Steins;Gate 0 - With Limited Edition
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:late
- Aegis of Earth
- Odin Sphere: Leiftrasir
- Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark

Wii U
Been on a lookout for last released games for the Wii U. Also games people have been saying might become "rare".
- Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero
- SteamWorld Collection
- Rodea: The Sky Soldier (best buy had it on sale for $11)
- Darksiders II

VITA
- Steins;Gate 0 - with Collector's Edition
- Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark
- Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero

CV
Atari Age had a long waiting list to get this Colecovision expansion, I ordered this last year and just now got it with one game. It's basically an extra RAM pack, kinda like the N64 had. It's needed to play some Homebrew games.
- Colecovision Super Game Module
- Gradius

And last a beyond rare game console...
I first saw this system at the Midwest Gaming Classic in their Museum several years back. I was searching for one on Ebay for many years and about six months ago one showed up.... For about a $1000.  :-\
I watched it and it wouldn't sell, it was marked down (and went back up) a few times and it never sold. Finally I asked the seller if they would sell it at over half of what he was asking and he excepted.  ;D
I just don't think many game collector's really know about this console to be looking for it. lol
- Umtech Videobrain Family Computer
Made in 1977 to an extremely low market, it was one of those Game Console / Home Computer systems  That can hook up to a TV that where popular in the late 70's early 80's. The games look like Beta Tapes and about the size of one, but they are Cartridges. I love how the cart slot opens like a Beta Recorder and you slide in the game like a tape. (lol) It came with two carts, one a game the other computer software. It even had the owners manual. (both games have their manuals too.  :D The only issue with the system is one of the controllers is missing the plastic tip. I'm sure I can find something to fit on there. A piece of gaming and computer history.  8)
- Money Minder (CIB)
- Gladiator (CIB)
Only 16 carts where made for the system and only 7 of them where "games".
I'll be on the hunt for more games, but I'm not holding my breath. lol

I'll try and have all my finds for 2016 (in pictures) up sometime soon. I'm still amazed at everything I pick up in one year.
Also I'm thinking of trying to do the "My 8-Bits" reviews again. I got out of the habit of doing them once I got my new house. I've picked up many consoles and kinda getting to itch to write them again.

Hope everyone has a great 2017, in life and in their collections.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:33:13 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 12:05:55 pm »
I had no idea Gradius was on Colecovision. Does it run smoothly?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:57:23 pm »
Nice find with the Umtech Videobrain Family Computer. I never heard of this one.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 01:29:52 pm »

I'll tell you one thing, that cover is amazing!

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 03:33:19 pm »
Pretty intersting console that family computer, so many unpopular consoles.

I already manage to snagg some nice deals for this year. Looking forward to receiving them

Anyways Since this is the start of a new year, I hope that many will get great deals and adds to the collection for 2017   :D
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 03:58:45 pm »
Wasn't sure what I was going to get to kick the year off with, but then I saw that with a coupon and a couple bucks on a gift card, I could get Rise of the Tomb Raider for 5 bucks cheaper than it is on Steam and I get it physical as it has nice packaging to it with a mini artbook built in.  Been wanting to play this for awhile as I enjoyed the first game.

anagar

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 07:53:05 pm »
3DS
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
VITA
Exist Archive
PS4
Dishonored 2
Final Fantasy XV - Day One Edition
God Eater 2: Rage Burst - Day One Edition
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
King's Quest: The Complete Collection
Samurai Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors 4-II
The Technomancer
WiiU
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Risky Beats Edition
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Guilty Gear 2: Overture
Operation Darkness
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

theflea

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 08:48:40 pm »

I'll tell you one thing, that cover is amazing!

The frame rate is slower then say the NES version when it comes to scrolling the background, but its not to bad for a Colecovision game. Here's a clip of the game play. see for your self. I think it was transferred from the MSX version. A lot of these homebrews come from the MSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQwD1-PirHs

Nice find with the Umtech Videobrain Family Computer. I never heard of this one.

Shoot I never heard of it ether til I saw it at the Video Game Museum at MGC.
I took this photo and it's was on my list ever sense. The one I have is only the 2nd one I've ever seen.
Also note worthy it's one of the first consoles to have 4 controller ports. Way before the 5200 or N64.
From what I read online it was only sold at Macy's stores for the most part and originally sold for $500+ in 1977.  :o

"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 09:09:59 pm »
Ah, didn't realize it was a homebrew. That would explain why I hadn't heard of it. I'm not that into the homebrew scene, save for a few favorites.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 02:36:56 pm »
I really have to stop picking stuff up.
I got Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom and Gex 3D at a thrift store, €1 a piece, mainly because why not.
A local farmacy of all things also had Mario figures on sale. €4 a piece for large good quality figures! I picked up all that were left (Peach, Toad and Koopa). Also found a Koopa plush at a different thrift store, so got that too.
Also got Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 using the My Nintendo discount. And just in case I didn't mention it before, I also got New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U on sale in the eShop.

I really have to stop picking stuff up...
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 03:02:53 pm »
Gonna share my last finds of last year/first finds of this year.

At goodwill I found Blitz for the PS1 and the Mickey Racing game for .99 and 1.99 respectively (really surprising because I never find anything at this location).

Then I had two recent Half Price Books Runs

The Day after Christmas I found
- Ape Escape
- Demon's Souls
- Clockwork Knight

for a total of $20, which is great especially with everything being CIB.

And then on New Years Eve I found
-DDR Konamix
-Cool Boarders 3
-Space Channel 5
-Saint
-Banjo Kazooie Guide (not pictured)

Also included is Tales of Zesteria Limited Edition that I got on a trade here (really excited about this one)!

Good luck with the new year of looking for collectibles all. With my birthday gift of a nice record player I have a whole new group of things I'm looking for now too!

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 11:50:49 pm »

So I've begun my quest in picking up all of the Wii U wired fight pads, after discovering that they've all been marked down to 12.99. If anyone is interested, you'll need to check each GS to see which ones they still have in stock because it varies. I found these three today, but have more stops to make. It's doubtful I'll find a DK, Wario, or Peach one as those seem to have always been the hardest to find. But at this price, I consider it worth buying the whole set. Hopefully I can find em'.

Also grabbed Funky Barn, which is said to be a less common title for the Wii U. It's a fun little farming sim, so far from what I've played.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:52:30 pm by Warmsignal »

spac316

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 03:01:11 am »
My first new pick ups for the new year!
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record for PS3 and I also have found the QBert board game!