Author Topic: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11581 times)

theflea

Re: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2017, 03:16:09 am »
Well I picked up a lot in the last 2 weeks.
Including a new console and a rare "pricey" game for only $2.

First I went out and Pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch on Friday, I get there early and was told they only had package deals. So I picked out the Zelda one and put $100 down. I leave and stop at another Gamestop and talk with the people there and they tell me there was a Zelda Collector's edition. Somehow I missed this announcement and they told me there was two versions, a collector's edition and a masters edition. (only difference is one comes with a Master Sword Statue) They tell me it was sold it was sold out as of last night. Ugh.  :(
So a few minutes later I get a phone call from the Gamestop I pre-ordered my Switch at. She tells me she accidentally pre-ordered the Zelda Collector's Edition instead of the Switch Zelda Bundle. :o
I tell her to leave it, I'll come in right now and re-pre-order my Switch.  ;D
So I go back in and this time I could order the system alone and not the bundle because the sku's where up for the single console. So I again put down $100 on just the console and a charge deck. I wanted the Pro Controller but Gamestop isn't taking pre-orders on it yet. So thank you "Hot Girl at Gamestop" for screwing up my pre-order, for once a screw up made me happy. (lol) I'm sad I missed the Masters Edition, but happy to just get the Collector's Edition.  :)

PS4
- Lone Survivor
- Wild Guns Reloaded (I had a hell of a time finding this game)

VITA
- Virtue's Last Reward
- Lone Survivor
- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (Found someone who sold me a copy for $40.)

Wii U
Again hunting some of the rarer Wii U games.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (why the hell is this game shooting up in price I'll never know)
- Barbie Dreamhouse Party (this game is on most every rare Wii List)

PS3
- Shadow of Mordor (Found this on clearance for $5)
- Portal 2 (found at a thrift store for $2)

XB360
- Darksiders II (on clearance for $4)
- Tropico 5 (on clearance for $9)

XB
- Ford Mustang (at a thrift store for $2)

GC
I stopped at my local discount books and I go to the games and see the same old stuff, but I see a few new Gamecube games, I see one I almost couldn't believe my eye's when I saw it. I got these for $2 a piece.
- NASCAR Case the Cup 2005
- Ed, Edd & Eddy: The Mis-Adventures
- Enter the Matrix
- Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II Plus (a game that sells on ebay for $60-$100, it considered one of the rarest GC games and I got a copy for $2.)  ;D

Speaking of that Discount Books, this weekend they had their "Everything in the store is $1 sale" The place was packed and took over an hour to get checked out. I raided their games and pretty much bought everything that wasn't in my collection. mostly scrap/sport games, but for $1 I'd pay that at a garage sale. They also had a cart with .25c games.
PS3
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
- MLB 12 The Show
- John Daly's Prostroke Golf
XB360
- The Black Eyed Peas Experience (sealed)
- Self-Defense Training Camp
- Just Dance 3
- The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout (sealed)
Wii
- EA Sports Active 2
- Bratz the Movie (sealed)
- Project Runway (sealed)
- Monster Jam: Urban Assault
- All Star Cheer Squad 2
- My Word Coach
- Disney Sing It: Pop Hits
- Disney Sing It: Party Hits
PSP
- Once Upon A Time In Mexico (UMD Movie)
- NBA Live 07
- NBA 06
- Madden NFL 11
- MLB 06 The Show
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
NDS
- PDC World Championship Darts (sealed)
- That's So Raven: Psychic on the Scene
- My Word Coach
- Sonny with a Chance
- Imagine: Boutique Owner
- Michael Jackson: The Experience (sealed)
- The Bachelor (sealed)
- Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 (sealed)
- Disney Camp Rock: The Final Jam (sealed)
- Style Lab: Fashion Design
XB
- UEFA Euro 2004
- American Chopper
PS2
- Shrek's Carnival Craze Party Games
- Ford Bold Moves Street Racing
- Karaoke Revolution Country
- Gallop Racer 2006 (.25c)
- Bratz: Girlz Really Rock (it has writing on it, but it was only .25c)
- eJay Clubworld (.25c)
- Real World Golf
- NPPL Championship Paintball 2009
- Agassi Tennis Generation
- Bratz the Movie (sealed)
- Riding Star
GC
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
GBA
- Let's Ride (sealed)
PS1
- Hardball 5

INTV
Someone made me a deal on an extremely rare INTV game.
- The Jetsons: Ways With Words

ATARI 400/800
Saw a video on this weird game and it was dirt cheap still so I picked up a copy.
- Peanut Butter Panic

And last I stopped at my local used game store and see this bundle for $80. A CDi 910 console with a controller, track ball in box, had a cleaner and two movies and it even had the Video Upgrade pack inside the system. Also they got in a stack of games. I bought the few I was missing for $5 a piece. They did get in Hotel Mario but I already had that one.
CDi
- Phillips CDi 910 system
- CDi Tracker Ball
- Forrest Gump (movie)
- The Silence of the Lambs (movie)
- Pinball
- Burncycle
- Litil Devil
- Alien Gate

That was a lot to write down, lol
Had some good luck so far this year, lets hope it continues.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:53:17 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:30 am »
rewing up my pre-order, for once a screw up made me happy. (lol) I'm sad I missed the Masters Edition, but happy to just get the Collector's Edition.  :)

PS4

Retro style games on the ps4 one after another, wild guns 16 bit style :o

I'm impressed, I also hope the games get reprinted a hell lot of times to prevent it from increasing in value, probably will end up high in value though unless massive reprint :P

I might consider getting a ps4 in the future way more interesting than the ps3.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 08:27:05 am »
Picked these up at goodwill yesterday:
Little league World Series Baseball 2008 case and manual only Free
Nintendogs Chihuahua and Friends loose .99$
Daxter not for resale disk with sleeve .99$
Incredibles PS2 cib 1$
Tony Hawks American Wasteland PS2 cib 1.99$

desocietas

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:32 pm »

It's infuriating how difficult Natsume is making it to get this and River City: Tokyo Rumble, especially if you wanted it at launch.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

retrogemcollector

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 01:44:13 am »
- Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II Plus (a game that sells on ebay for $60-$100, it considered one of the rarest GC games and I got a copy for $2.)  ;D

You've obviously never tried finding Cubivores or Gotcha Force ;)

Flashback2012

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:22 am »

Depends on when you were trying to look for them. I found both rather easily when they first came out. I picked them up because they were quirky looking/right up my alley...Cubivore especially. I've not seen but have heard they've ballooned astronomically in price.  :P

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2017, 09:04:26 am »

Depends on when you were trying to look for them. I found both rather easily when they first came out. I picked them up because they were quirky looking/right up my alley...Cubivore especially. I've not seen but have heard they've ballooned astronomically in price.  :P

Perhaps, but in the 8-years I've been collecting and hunting for games I've seen PSO 1 &2 plus around 10-times or more, while Cubivores I've seen twice and Gotcha Force maybe three times. Leads me to believe they are a lot more scarce.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2017, 11:49:04 am »
Boy do I want a copy of Gotcha Force for a reasonable price. Fingers crossed it shows up at the flea market this year.

sworddude

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2017, 05:05:54 pm »

Cubivores was a game that was for sale in my country for quite a long time for only 30 euro's cib excellent shape hard to find in europe.

Never attempted to buy it since I wasn't really a serious collector back than, Never seen one ever since unless were talking about ebay.  :-\

spac316

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »
Got WCW The Main Event for Game Boy from a friend on facebook. Another one for my wrestling game collection.

theflea

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2017, 08:11:49 am »

Cubivores was a game that was for sale in my country for quite a long time for only 30 euro's cib excellent shape hard to find in europe.

Never attempted to buy it since I wasn't really a serious collector back than, Never seen one ever since unless were talking about ebay.  :-\

I said one of the rarest games, not it's the rarest GC game ever. lol
Both of those games are rare, The rarest is as far as I know are NCAA 2K3, Pokemon Box (if you call it a game) and that Metroid Prime/Zelda combo set lol (I always found this one funny, you're paying for that box cover art, That's it. inside is not a combo disc, it's still two games and two manuals in a dual disc shell)
I've personally seen Phantasy Star Episode I & 2 many many times, (which is obscure and usually runs at $40) but this was the first time I've seen the Plus version (which is the rarer version) in a very long time. If you look up a list of the rarest GC games it usually always makes the list. Rare or not I'm just happy I found it for $2. lol

I already picked up Cubivore and Gotcha Force a long time ago, (thank god) in fact I think I paid $10 for each of them at a used game store some years before Gamecube games starting shooting up in price. In fact I remember seeing Cubivore many times at used game stores and calling my fellow collector's telling them they might wanna come get this, it's kinda rare. At that time a copy on Ebay sold for $20-$40. But sense the price jumped to over $200 I never see it anymore.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:27:47 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2017, 11:13:25 am »

I said one of the rarest games, not it's the rarest GC game ever. lol
Both of those games are rare, The rarest is as far as I know are NCAA 2K3, Pokemon Box (if you call it a game) and that Metroid Prime/Zelda combo set lol (I always found this one funny, you're paying for that box cover art, That's it. inside is not a combo disc, it's still two games and two manuals in a dual disc shell)
I've personally seen Phantasy Star Episode I & 2 many many times, (which is obscure and usually runs at $40) but this was the first time I've seen the Plus version (which is the rarer version) in a very long time. If you look up a list of the rarest GC games it usually always makes the list. Rare or not I'm just happy I found it for $2. lol

I already picked up Cubivore and Gotcha Force a long time ago, (thank god) in fact I think I paid $10 for each of them at a used game store some years before Gamecube games starting shooting up in price. In fact I remember seeing Cubivore many times at used game stores and calling my fellow collector's telling them they might wanna come get this, it's kinda rare. At that time a copy on Ebay sold for $20-$40. But sense the price jumped to over $200 I never see it anymore.

If you don't look at rarity both are great games especially Gotcha force. Cubivores and gotcha force are Not your every day type of games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2017, 12:38:02 pm »
Got WCW The Main Event for Game Boy from a friend on facebook. Another one for my wrestling game collection.

Awesome! I've been looking for ANY of the pre-Nitro era WCW games, and haven't come across them, yet.

Warmsignal

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2017, 04:00:53 pm »

If anyone is interested in Trackmania Turbo, apparently Walmart has marked it down to 15. Coincidentally also found Sonic Boom and Lego City for 15. I think this copy of Sonic has been resealed though, it's not a y fold seal. Odd.