Author Topic: Stories Of Us Goofing Off In Video Games  (Read 807 times)

Stories Of Us Goofing Off In Video Games
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:30:05 pm »
One game am really goofing around in now is called "Battlefield Bad Company 1" for the PlayStation 3. I am also completing the single player campaign while fooling around blowing up Russian Outhouses with a grande launcher when I see one too. The DICE World engine is totally radical. ;D

you can blow up holes in tanks and military trucks too. don't play this game like call of duty Play it to have an absolute blast screwing around. punch holes through brick walls using a unrealistic power tool. or repair trucks and tanks by drilling at any part on it and restore fully it in one second while the bad guys are still trying to destroy it. or just stand there and listen to your squad mates cracking jokes. Lol one the first mission I just randomly blew a hole in a fake, cheap, old abandoned  home and frag an enemy at the same time. telling you I don't do this in real life. In this game world you have ammo dumps and fuel drums to blast. artillery to use however you want, no easy lose or fail. unlimited ammo crates and weapons to use in fact before the Campaign is over you can blow up mostly everything. BUT,

the massive downside to this game is you only have the ability to knock down the outside walls to a building. no matter what you do you can't destroy the games plaster and wooden inner building walls. therefore you can't bring entire buildings down only hollow shell buildings and that really is a disappointment to me. although in the beginning you can destroy rooftops but I haven't gotten through the whole game yet. :D

I hope You all can share you game stories on this thread. Not sure if this idea was ever taken but It could have been.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:38:55 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

tripredacus

Re: Stories Of Us Goofing Off In Video Games
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 10:45:17 am »
Red Faction and Red Faction II was good for this also. In one of these games single player, I remember that I needed some key card to get through a door but I didn't have it. So I just put a satchel charge on the wall and then make my own door! The multiplayer in Red Faction had fully destructible environments also (Never played MP in RFII) so by the end of a long match there could be nowhere to hide, even if no one was using the rail gun.

Another fun thing you can do in *some* games is have interactive cutscenes. Games where the cutscenes are triggered by you walking to a specific point, and then it is rendered in-engine.

In Deus Ex, you can pick up items and move them. Like plants or boxes or whatever. If you pick up an item and walk into a cutscene trigger, the item will drop to the ground but will then be in the cut-scene. It is possible to have a scene where you are talking to an NPC, but there is a large plant between the two of you.

In Soldier of Fortune II, the NPCs are rendered in the game world prior to triggering the cut-scene. It is usually the case that you cannot see the NPCs first, as cut-scenes are often triggered by entering a doorway to go into a room, or turn a corner. Because the NPCs already exist in the game, and they have normal hitpoints, it means they can be killed. If the NPC is killed, the cut-scene happens as normal, except the NPC will be dead as a body, or their body moved out of the scene. The dialog still happens even if the NPC has died. The easiest way to accomplish this is to throw a grenade into the room prior to entering and triggering the cut-scene. Because of this behaviour, it is my theory that it is possible to kill Saddam Hussein who also see in the game. He is rendered in a level, in an open area where it should be possible to kill him with a sniper rifle or the OICW, before his cut-scene occurs. I never was able to get the timing down to get this to happen.

Recently (just two days ago) I found a type of "unintended consequence" in Battlefield 4. There is a part where you have to cross an open area and kill maybe a dozen guys and there is one tank to destroy. The exit to the next area is an archway that has concrete barriers about, and there is a truck (that you can't drive) next to the ammo crate. I am quite certain that you are supposed to go through this area on foot. However there is an empty tank in the open area you can drive. And if you try hard enough, you can get that truck to move out of the way and complete the next area in the safety of the tank.

doctorlaudanum

Re: Stories Of Us Goofing Off In Video Games
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »
Not me, but my brother. He died a very embarrassing death the first time he played Resident Evil 4. I'd already unlocked everything and was letting him goof around in the game -- specifically, in the optional Gigante fight right after the cabin sequence. He was having a little too much fun spraying rockets everywhere and had already nearly blown himself up once.

"Isn't this a bit overkill?" I say right at the moment he sees a treasure suspended on a rope.

"Nope!" he says. "This is overkill!" He tries to shoot the treasure down with a rocket and immediately gets his head caved in with a boulder.

That was nearly 12 years, and I still (rightly) give him crap for it.

I also can't tell you how many hours of my life I wasted messing around in Chaos Theory co-op back in the day.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.