Author Topic: November 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 8884 times)

theflea

Re: November 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2017, 10:53:30 pm »
Been about a month sense my last pick up post.
Got a bunch of random cheap games on black Friday and picked up a new game console.
Also picked up a couple rare retro games.

Tiny Arcade
Finally found the other 2 I was missing. These tiny arcades are so cute and awesome.
- Pac-Man
- Galaxian

Amiibo
I was at my local Toys R Us and saw a Wind Waker Link 25th Anniversary amiibo, I first think nothing of it thinking I had it but then stopped and took another look, it's in a single card? It was in a 2-Pack (with zelda) in the US.  :o
- Wind Waker Link - 25th Anniversary (single card version)
- Revali - Zelda BotW
- Daruk - Zelda BotW
- Urbosa - Zelda BotW
- Mipha - Zelda BotW

Switch
- Retro City Rampage DX - Collector's Edition

XBone
I had to get this.  :P
- Microsoft Xbox One X - Scorpio Edition
I personally don't have a 4K TV (yet) but it still looks better then the regular Xbox One, I love how games load up a quicker. Also haven't seen any loss in frame rate when a lot of crap is going on.
- XBox One Controller - Volcano Shadow
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst (BF deal for $6)
- Quantum Break (BF deal for $10)
- Killer Instinct Definitive Edition (BF deal for $10)
- Batman Return to Arkham (BF deal for $6)
- Deadpool (BF deal for $12)
- Mass Effect Andromeda (BF deal for $12)
- Bioshock the Collection (BF deal for $14)
- The Evil Within 2 (BF deal for $25)
- Friday the 13th the Game (finally got my reward from kickstarter)

PS4
- Summon Night 6 - Collector's Edition
- Absolver
- Ys Origin - PAX cover (took for ever to get this, lol)
- Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy (BF deal for $25)
- Need for Speed (BF deal for $6)
- Tumblestone (BF deal for $4)
- The Witcher 3 (BF deal for $4)
- Arma Gallant (BF deal for $10)
- Legend of Kay (BF deal for $10)

VITA
- Summon Night 6 - Collector's Edition
- Semispheres - Blue Collector's Edition
- Semispheres - Orange Collector's Edition

Wii U
- Paper Mario: Color Splash (BF deal for $29)
- Snoopy's Grand Adventure (BF deal for $10)
- Barbie: Puppy Rescue (BF deal for $10)

NDS
- GG Series Collection [JP]
- Jewel Master: Cradle of Persia [EU] (found this brand new at a used book store for $4)
- Starfox Command [EU] (again found this this for real cheap)

Loopy
Got a deal on 2 loose Loopy games. Think I'm missing 4 games for a complete collection now. lol
- Loopy Town no O-heya ga Hoshii
- PC Collection

GG
- Dragon Crystal

GG/GBC
- Montezuma's Return
- Castlevania Legends
My local used game store got this in for about half of what it goes for on Ebay.

SFAM
- SM Choukyoushi Hitomi
After I bought the other 3 "Adult" Japanese games I wanted the first one just to complete the series. It finally showed up on Ebay and the seller was willing to cut me a deal. The back cover was so WTF. lol

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:03:26 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2017, 09:32:27 am »
Bought Mario + Rabbids on Black Friday and received the FR/NL version.  Fun.

Didn't Nintendo abandon the whole region lockout thing with the Switch or is it in place like how the 3DS is?

It is region free however I think the language on the package is the part what he calls "fun" ::)
I bought the ESRB [NA] version directly from Amazon.com and they sent me an EU version.  Roll your eyes, complain, I don't care.  I did not receive what I ordered and I have no interest in having my Switch collection with games from multiple regions if I don't have to.  The "fun" statement is the fact that I get to go through the return and replace process to get what I ordered.

sworddude

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2017, 01:44:03 pm »

Didn't Nintendo abandon the whole region lockout thing with the Switch or is it in place like how the 3DS is?

It is region free however I think the language on the package is the part what he calls "fun" ::)
I bought the ESRB [NA] version directly from Amazon.com and they sent me an EU version.  Roll your eyes, complain, I don't care.  I did not receive what I ordered and I have no interest in having my Switch collection with games from multiple regions if I don't have to.  The "fun" statement is the fact that I get to go through the return and replace process to get what I ordered.

I kinda expected that answer for the so called ''fun'' part I'm also a collector so yea, good luck with the refund man. I just threw in some sarcasm to make the fun part just a little bit more fun  ;)

Sorry for me being a stylish jerk It's just the nature of the fun ehrm beast I couldn't help myself 8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:08:30 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2017, 02:09:23 pm »

I kinda expected that answer for the so called ''fun'' part I'm also a collector so yea, good luck with the refund man. I just threw in some sarcasm to make the fun part just a little bit more fun  ;)

Sorry for me being a jerk It's just the nature of the beast I couldn't help myself 8)
Actually for once, the process seems to be moderately painless.

They shipped out a replacement right away.  I just need to ship back the PEGI copy, which I already sent out.

rayne315

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2017, 02:39:31 pm »
Picked up one of the most unique things for my PS4 this week. Its an official controller with the Last Guardians theme. Its called the Guardians of Retail edition and it was only given to employees of Sony. I will be adding it to the database momentarily. :)

GD IT! WHYD YOU HAVE TO FIND THAT!!! lol I want to get all last guardian related merchandise I can find and im already having to save up for the press kit for it... that will be $3-400 already now I have to keep this on my radar? gd
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2017, 03:29:14 pm »
Tiny Arcade
Finally found the other 2 I was missing. These tiny arcades are so cute and awesome.
- Pac-Man
- Galaxian

I've seen these in Cracker Barrel and I would love to have them but $20 apiece is pretty steep to me. I might bite the bullet and pick up the Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man ones for my display cabinet but I would love to have them all. There's 4 of them total right? Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaxian & Centipede?

Amiibo
I was at my local Toys R Us and saw a Wind Waker Link 25th Anniversary amiibo, I first think nothing of it thinking I had it but then stopped and took another look, it's in a single card? It was in a 2-Pack (with zelda) in the US.  :o
- Wind Waker Link - 25th Anniversary (single card version

I saw those at Toys R Us on Saturday and had to do a double take. I wondered why they just released him by himself and not Zelda as well separate. For a minute I thought I was going to lock down the Skyward Sword Link but alas Nintendo thought it was a good idea to break the set up (yet not release the other figure from said set). One of these days they'll remove the timed release from Amazon on the Skyward Sword amiibo and maybe, just MAYBE reprint it along with that damn Bokoblin.  :P

Speaking of Toys R Us, we were able to hit pay dirt at one location that had like 15 packs of Animal Crossing amiibo cards from Series 3. I scored 8 of them while my cousin got the other 7 plus one of the physical AC amiibo figures he was missing (Blathers I think?). I wish I knew earlier that they were B1G3F along with the AC physical amiibo as the store nearest to me had a TON of series 1-4 on the shelf.  :-\

Oh well...at least I was able to lock down a copies for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, Dragon Quest VII and VIII for $12-14 each.  ;D

theflea

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2017, 09:27:27 am »
Tiny Arcade
- Pac-Man
- Galaxian

I've seen these in Cracker Barrel and I would love to have them but $20 apiece is pretty steep to me. I might bite the bullet and pick up the Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man ones for my display cabinet but I would love to have them all. There's 4 of them total right? Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaxian & Centipede?

The four are...
1. Pac-Man
2. Ms. Pac-Man
3. Galaxian
4. Space Invaders

Though I did read somewhere there might be 3 more coming out later.
I can see Centipede Being one for sure. Though would be cooler if it used a tiny track ball. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

retrogemcollector

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2017, 09:45:40 am »

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:05 am »
@retrogemcollector

Have the GU games dropped in price a lot since the release of the PS4 compilation set? I've always wanted that GU Collectors edition with the figure, but have yet to even see it in person anywhere.

sworddude

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2017, 10:56:42 am »
@retrogemcollector

Have the GU games dropped in price a lot since the release of the PS4 compilation set? I've always wanted that GU Collectors edition with the figure, but have yet to even see it in person anywhere.

I highly doubt it the CE is allot more harder to find than the normal game It's purely for collectors.

This isn't the same thing like marvel vs capcom 2 where the majority actually bought the game for It's gameplay/ tournaments instead for being collectors wich made the game sky rocket in price before it was available online for cheap.

Many of those over inflated prices are not from collectors but mainly thanks to the players. many examples. Why is smash bros melee in the US so high these days? Thanks to the players not collectors very big tournament scene these days, last big 1st prize money was 30K It's growing even the last place losers were compensated with at least 1K in prize money for their time  :o this was a select tournament of 20 of the best people but still also many normal bigger tournaments have far beyond 10K + 1st prize money 2 and 3rd also pretty nice pay outs. . People need game they need spare copies also gamecube controllers same thing.

Than again many proffesionalls are getting sponsored to make living out of it so yea not that big of a deal to them or the fans in general.

If it did drop in price I'm pretty sure that the reason would be different than thanks to the new released ps4 game.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:50:01 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2017, 12:29:14 pm »
Not buying many new games in order to save up for my other hobby but I did buy this on Amazon on a whim since I need an RPG to play.  Almost bought it for the PS4 but decided on XBOX One since I like that system more.  I'll eventually get it on PS4 I think so no worries. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2017, 01:42:02 pm »
Not buying many new games in order to save up for my other hobby but I did buy this on Amazon on a whim since I need an RPG to play.  Almost bought it for the PS4 but decided on XBOX One since I like that system more.  I'll eventually get it on PS4 I think so no worries. 

Thank you for posting this! I didn't even know this existed. This is going to be #1 on my Christmas wishlist!

spac316

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2017, 05:14:12 pm »
Visited Northgate in Seattle and picked up a few things.
Went to the mall there and met up with a friend who sold me the Wii Fit trainer amiibo...for $15! No joke. He gave me a great deal on it, considering how much that one goes for.
After which I checked out Gamestop and pick-up Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero(Risky Beat's Edition) For Wii U and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 for Wii. Then I went over to Game Over Video Games, also in the mall, and got Road Rash II(original release) for Genesis and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for PSP. Afterwards, I stopped by Best Buy and grabbed Odyssey Mario and Bowser amiibos.
Then I came home to find my package waiting for me. A lot of Wrestling Game manuals and WWF Steele Cage Challenge for Game Gear.

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2017, 08:41:47 am »
They shipped out a replacement right away.  I just need to ship back the PEGI copy, which I already sent out.
Received my replacement yesterday, ESRB as should have been in the first place.  It appears the ESRB version comes with added content, haven't opened it, so I don't know if it is a download code.

So my BF purchases

Mario + Rabbids (NS)
Yakuza 0 (PS4)
Nioh (PS4)
Wolfenstein II (X1)
The Surge (X1)
Deadpool (PS4)
Super Lucky's Tale (X1)
Heimdall (SCD)
Axiom Verge (NS)

I also hit a retro game store and bought a stack of stuff, but I haven't processed it quite yet.

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2017, 09:18:31 pm »
One last batch before the end of the month:

360:
Hulk Hogan's Main Event
JASF
Rock Revolution
Tiger Woods 07

One:
Lego Ninjago: The Movie

PS4:
Baila Latino