Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 37183 times)

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2013, 07:27:23 pm »
Well I have the regular edition coming. So I'll still be able to play it. But all this hype for the Wizard Edition again made me wish I could have afforded that version. Even though originally I was kinda "meh" about it.
I was going to say get the Wizard edition from gamestop brand new a day or week after release..but they don't have the Wizard edition :(
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2013, 12:43:15 am »
Sweet, the coin did make it into the wizards edition.

desocietas

« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2013, 01:36:54 am »
Makes me wonder what goal #3 was...  :-\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2013, 09:39:45 am »
And now it's sold out again! Thanks for playing, folks!

Wow - that shit went quick...glad I saw your post about still being able to pre-order a Wizard's Edition; Desocietas - 'tis thanks to you that I'll be getting one.

Hah!

Now that I think back on it...since I couldn't still get the Wizard's Edition...I'd already pre-ordered both the Gamestop *AND* Amazon versions...

...problem now is only going to be deciding which 1 (of the 3) to actually open up & play..."First World Problems", indeed :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 01:17:36 pm »
Hm, so there's word on other forums that people are already getting their steelbook cases from Gamestop before the game is even out!

I'm out of town this weekend, so I can't verify this at my own store :'(

Anyone else preorder this at GS?  Word also is that they're *not* individually wrapped and many have small scratches, dents, boxcutter cuts...  I wish I were in town to try to secure a nicer looking one!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2013, 01:24:43 pm »
I do know that the steelbooks arrived at the stores a little less than a week ago. I was told I could go to the store I reserved it at and pick it up. I may do that.

soera

« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2013, 03:54:59 pm »
Update. I went and got my steelbook. It definitely did not come wrapped. Its really nothing more than a metal CD/DVD/game case. I dont know about other stores but mine was in pretty good condition.

Btw, Gamestop now has a display poster for the game coming out ... so if you guys were wanting to go ask for one, now would be the time. The manager at the store I reserved my game at said they come down 1/27  (which is when Im going to pick mine up).

desocietas

« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2013, 04:08:14 pm »
I made a record for the steelbook case in case you or someone else is able to do some scans before I will.

I wasn't sure where to put it in re: to category, but since the ACIII steelcase was put into the artwork section, I edited the record to be housed there as well.  Not sure "artwork" is the best place to put it either - any chance of getting a swag sub-category that this would better fall under?

Thanks, soera, for confirming the cases in-store!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2013, 04:58:20 pm »
Ya I wasn't sure where to place them either. The closest I could think of was Artwork, since they are kind of alternate cover art?  :-[
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2013, 05:20:49 pm »
Btw, guys ... if you guys didnt pre-order the steelbook edition, the guys at my local gamestop said if you check a few days after the release (he mentioned Thursday) they said they almost always have left over pre-order stuff so you could get lucky!

darko

« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2013, 11:35:23 pm »
Btw, guys ... if you guys didnt pre-order the steelbook edition, the guys at my local gamestop said if you check a few days after the release (he mentioned Thursday) they said they almost always have left over pre-order stuff so you could get lucky!

Hook me up with one if you can!

desocietas

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:11 am »
I stopped by a few Gamestops today (a treat since I'm not from the area and the boyfriend rented a car for us), and I mentioned to the clerk at one shop that I already preordered Ni No Kuni for the steelbook case.

Clerk: Did you order it early?
Me: I'm pretty sure I did.
Clerk: *goes to a drawer and pulls out a list with names and a line drawn halfway down the list*
Me: Oh, I didn't preorder it at this store.
Clerk: Oh, ok.  Our manager marked a line on this list based on the date and time the customer ordered it so that we'd know who gets the special case.  Anyone after the line won't get the case.
Me: Oh, wow.  I read online that some people were concerned because people who preordered just a week ago when the cases were already in were getting them immediately.  Folks are freaking out a little because they're afraid their case might've been given away to someone who preordered after they did.
Clerk: Yeah, our manager is on top of that stuff.

So I guess in that situation, there are more total preorders than steelbook cases.  I fly back into town tomorrow - if it's early enough, I might see if I can get my case and have the piece of mind.  Otherwise, I'll hope that they're as "on top of it" as this store was (and that I got my preorder in early enough!  :-X).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2013, 01:45:00 am »
Ya I wasn't sure where to place them either. The closest I could think of was Artwork, since they are kind of alternate cover art?  :-[

That kinda makes sense.  I considered the "carrying cases" subcategory, too, but it was all backpacks in there :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:18 am »
According to Amazon my copy of Ni No Kuni has shipped! woot woot.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2013, 10:17:59 am »
It releases tomorrow!

And if you guys have a Gamestop pre-order, I seriously suggest getting your steelbook case early. I went on Saturday and they were mentioning that they didnt think they would have enough of them to fill all the pre-orders. I see people already trying to sell them on Ebay for almost $50 (which is an absolutely absurd price. Its a metal DVD case, nothing more).