Author Topic: Recommended regular Wii games?  (Read 2505 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Recommended regular Wii games?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:56:41 pm »
All of Nintendo's first party stuff is great.  Don't skip the well know stuff.  I love Smash Bros. and Mario Kart.

As for the WiiU, first party stuff is about all you have.  Donkey Kong is coming.  So is Mario Kart and Smash Bros.  Super Mario 3D World is a lot of fun, and I'm not huge fan of 3D platformers.

What do you think of that Sonic Lost World, Turf?

I haven't played more than the first level.  It's fun, but I haven't played enough to recommend it.  I've been hung up on Mario 3D World

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:31:52 am »
When I was at the store the other day getting it, people were asking me about why would I buy a 300 dollar accessory for the Wii.  So I had to explain that this is a whole new console and separate from the Wii.  About 6 people were listening and were very shocked.  They had no idea that it was not an accessory for the Wii.
Still not fully convinced about WiiU.  To me, it's kind of what PlayStation Vita is to PlayStation 4.

Might I suggest waiting and getting Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles for your growing PS3 collection instead if you don't have both Tales Of Symphonia games yet?  It would save you some money, although you will have to wait until February 25, 2014.

Looking at the list, first-party games I especially enjoyed are Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's Dream Collection, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.  Especially Kirby's Dream Collection.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 02:38:28 am »
Turf and so era had to drop some knowledge on me and then I was sold! Lol.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:35 am »
Another exclusive platformer I forgot to mention and enjoyed was Warren Spektor's Epic Mickey.  If you're a fan of the 90's Ultima, Wing Commander, and Deus Ex Series, I think you'll enjoy his work on this one.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 07:51:43 pm »
Another exclusive platformer I forgot to mention and enjoyed was Warren Spektor's Epic Mickey.  If you're a fan of the 90's Ultima, Wing Commander, and Deus Ex Series, I think you'll enjoy his work on this one.

I really liked Epic Mickey. The camera can be a hassle sometimes, but the game is a lot of fun. I like Disney stuff a lot though. It has lots of nods to Disney of yesterday.

I just got Epic Mickey 2 for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to it.

90snostalga

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 02:07:58 am »
When I was at the store the other day getting it, people were asking me about why would I buy a 300 dollar accessory for the Wii.  So I had to explain that this is a whole new console and separate from the Wii.  About 6 people were listening and were very shocked.  They had no idea that it was not an accessory for the Wii.
Still not fully convinced about WiiU.  To me, it's kind of what PlayStation Vita is to PlayStation 4.

Might I suggest waiting and getting Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles for your growing PS3 collection instead if you don't have both Tales Of Symphonia games yet?  It would save you some money, although you will have to wait until February 25, 2014.

Looking at the list, first-party games I especially enjoyed are Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's Dream Collection, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.  Especially Kirby's Dream Collection.

Yes.  I looked up youtube footage and trailers on Tales of Symphonie Chronicles for ps3 and they seem great!  I'm putting these on my wish list :)

And are you saying that the Symphoia on Wii is apart of the ps3 chronicles edition?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:17:04 am by 90snostalga »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 02:03:46 am »
Tales Of Symphonia and Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World are bundled into Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles.  That is why I was recommending the game and saying that you could save some money if you waited until February 25, 2014.