Author Topic: Some ideas for the site  (Read 5007 times)

soera

Re: Some ideas for the site
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
I use the other for the Skylanders. Each figure comes with a sticker and an online code that you can use to track your character.

scott

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »
Other could also indicate a pack in. Such as a CD, Controller or Action Figure. Or even a slew of crap stuffed into a CE.  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 08:27:10 am »
Other could also indicate a pack in. Such as a CD, Controller or Action Figure. Or even a slew of crap stuffed into a CE.  ;)

True...but in those cases...I'd rather just describe exactly what those things are in "notes" since just checking "other" is knid of non-specific.

Just IMHO, of course :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:39 am »
Matt's to do list must be over flowing at this point, lol....  I will be happy for now with just a categories update....  I cry myself to sleep every time one of Koei's "Warriors" titles is labeled Beat'em Up....  Hack n Slash is such a large category too....

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 12:46:22 pm »
1. i don't know what a today button is so i cannot comment on that

2. it would be hard to implement rarity, first you cannot easily rate a game's rarity and people can have diffrent scales, i can say SMB + DH for nintendo can be rated by me as 90 but as someone else as 100

3. if you mean organizing your collection by groups, it would be a wonderful feature

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »
Maybe instead of rarity, could you have it by popularity? Like one way could be based on how many people have it their collection (which isn't necessarily a truly popular game, they might just have it in their collection) or maybe based on a rating system? Like if people rated their favorite games and then while browsing, as well as sorting by alphabetically, you could also sort by popularity? Just a thought. It might be waaaaay too difficult to implement.

Also, is there a feature to add friends? I know you can compare when you look them up, but maybe there could be an option to already have them in a list. Maybe even see what they have added recently?

And this last one is totally just an aesthetic thing. I love the design of the logo. It's so simplistic and clean. I wish there was a picture based clean way to sort your collection and view it.

Overall I'm new and absolutely love this site so far. Sorry if my suggestions are annoying or too much! Can't wait to continue adding my collection on here (1/3 of the way done).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:58:35 pm by meetbalhed »

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:33 am »
Overall I'm new and absolutely love this site so far. Sorry if my suggestions are annoying or too much! Can't wait to continue adding my collection on here (1/3 of the way done).

Welcome and good luck....  I keep telling myself I'll get the rest done too but it has been months now and I haven't even touched some platforms yet...  :(

hakkai687

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:15 am »
I don't know if this has been brought up or even if it is on the site but i would like to be able to click and get a printable version of my list.  I like having a hard copy.  I am not saying with pictures or anything just a written list of the names to print would be nice.
Reflecting and remembering is only important to those who do it.

scott

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 07:50:42 am »
Yup. Got to Settings on the main page and scroll down. You'll see an option to export your collection to excel.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread