Author Topic: VGCollect mentioned in Kotaku article.  (Read 4003 times)

Re: VGCollect mentioned in Kotaku article.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 05:17:47 pm »
This is actually pretty awesome. So is the article, actually. I'm admittedly pretty critical of Kotaku's standards of what they call "journalism", but hot damn, that was an accurate and good read. Also, anything that helps the site grow is good in my book! ;D

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »
I just found out about the site through the Kotaku article and I'm excited to help fill in some of the blanks! Any advice on how not to be a cretinous noob?

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 02:01:33 pm »
Congratulations on being mentioned!

Definitely an awesome site to showcase anyone's collection.  The fact that this also includes great members to trade and share topics with is another plus.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 02:01:56 pm »
I just found out about the site through the Kotaku article and I'm excited to help fill in some of the blanks! Any advice on how not to be a cretinous noob?

Most importantly - Avoid the soera  :o

There's nothing els here that can't be fixed or that's unforgivable.

Reading through the "style guide", so you understand how the system for new submissions & additions works (thus, preventing the (re)submissions (known as "dupes" here) of items already in the database); whilst - simultaneously not adding any extra, unnecessary, and easily-prevented work for the site's mods & admins never hurts, either  8)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:04:39 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 08:28:16 pm »
Welcome to the site. Stick around the forums and get to know us.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com