Author Topic: The Toy Collectors  (Read 42252 times)

Re: The Toy Collectors
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2019, 03:46:16 am »
Nice Star Wars collection there Kamikaze ;D

I have a few of the Black Series myself, but I haven’t been able to find the new Mandalorian figure in my area yet, probably all sold out the few times I went to check..

Mandalorian has been gone for awhile unfortunately.  I got lucky that I pre-ordered the Heavy Trooper there and I stumbled on a new batch at Target that had Cara Dune (Not 100% sure if I was gonna keep her or not, but I'm loving the Mandalorian so much, I probably will).  Basically I just pre-ordered Mando and Baby Yoda at a toy website and one day in the next few months, I'll get them lol Except by then, they'll probably have another Mando for me to get because of course there's gonna be one in his better armor.

pzeke

« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2019, 02:02:47 pm »
Some more early Xmas pick ups:

Revoltech Yamaguchi Series No. 120 - Jehuty & Vector Cannon

Even though I have yet to finish the first Zone of the Enders, much less played The 2nd Runner or The Fist of Mars, I love the mechas featured in the games, so it was natural for me to seek out these figures when I learned about them. This one comes with a really killer-looking add-on, but unfortunately I don’t have the space to display it out of the box in its full glory. It still looks cool on top of my shelf as-is, so I'm happy either way.

McFarlane Toys Spawn Ultra-Action Figures, Series 4: Exo-Skeleton Spawn
McFarlane Toys Spawn Ultra-Action Figures, Series 4: Clown II
McFarlane Toys Spawn Ultra-Action Figures, Series 4: She-Spawn (October)
McFarlane Toys Spawn Ultra-Action Figures, Series 6: Superpatriot
McFarlane Toys Spawn Ultra-Action Figures, Series 6: Battleclad Spawn

New additions to my already extensive Spawn figure collection. She-Spawn actually comes from the lot I previously bought in October; I originally wasn’t going to keep her because I could’ve sworn I already had her in my collection, but as it turned out I actually didn’t (at least this version). I managed to get another lot that, of all things, was recommended by eBay through e-mail, and funnily enough, this lot also had another Battleclad Spawn, so I couldn't resist myself. I'm still debating whether reselling it to recoup some money or keep one sealed and display the other. The Superpatriot figure is inferior to the one released as part of the Legendary Comic Book Heroes toy line, but it looks corny and wacky and I love it, plus it's one of the figures from this series I wanted to get back in the day and never managed to find. The loose figures I got from the same seller who agreed to sell them at a reduced price if sent loose since their packaging had heavy wear. The Exo-Skeleton Spawn is the version I've wanted and Clown II is, for all intents and purposes, an upgrade (although I'm keeping the old one due to its sentimental value).

Diamond Select Toys: H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Idol Vinyl Figural Bank

Next is this motherlovin’ beauty; I have been hunting this one down for the longest time now and I’m happy to finally add it to my collection. All hail Cthulhu!

Simon Belmont and Incineroar amiibo

I'm not into collecting amiibos, but some do definitely pique my interest, and Simon is one of them. Incineroar was sort of/kind of an impulse buy, but he's one of my favorite Pokémon, so it's all good.

NECA: Godzilla (1954) [Clamshell]

While the first Godzilla movie I ever saw was part of the Heisei era, it being "The Return of Godzilla", a year or so after I saw the original, "Godzilla 1954", and it became one of my all-time favorites. The Walmart I frequent had these on special, so I didn't hesitate. I might pick another one, or wait and see if they markdown the other figures in the series.

Gundam Universe, Wave 1 - GU-02: XXXG-01W Wing Gundam
Gundam Universe, Wave 1 - GU-03: RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Bought these at a Walgreens - they were the only two left and were on clearance, so it was a no-brainer; the price was just right. Almost everything in their toy aisle was on clearance, actually, but these two were the only interesting bits. I like mechas and Gundam, so hopefully I'll come across GU-01 (RX-78-2) to complete the set, then, maybe, move on to Wave 2.

Ain't that something; I start my pick up post with a mecha, and end it with two.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 01:36:45 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2020, 12:26:41 am »
Got a few more additions (Venusaur & Beedrill, Mr. Mime) to my Pokemon Construx shelf:

Need to find a decent deal on a Lapras next.

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2020, 10:44:39 pm »
Back selling at the flea market today, so I managed to pick up a couple things from there too.  The Knifehead kaiju from Pacific Rim is from a friend as payment basically as I didn't have a kaiju from the movie yet, so it was something I definitely needed and I may be getting the Land Otachi from him too as future payment because they are dope monsters lol  Then I grabbed two Trendmasters Godzilla figures, which are my first ones from that old line of toys.  These apparently take batteries and have a button to press, but I don't know what they do, if they work, or even if I can figure out what batteries they are.  And finally a Scariff Stormtrooper which is a real cool look and the price was basically retail which is fine for a figure I'm not gonna find it in a store ever.

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2020, 08:28:28 pm »
Added some more to my vintage Star Trek Collection.:

I'm now just about done with getting the entire line for both Generations and the Movie series.

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2020, 04:55:11 pm »
Picked up the new She-Hulk, I'm not really a Marvel collector, but I like my tough gals.  Also finally just grabbed the Jet Trooper.  I'm getting the red one eventually, but I've been seeing this one for weeks and I might as well just have it.

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2020, 05:08:16 pm »

Just finished up a massive 2,500 piece Lego-style set, Cobi's Battleship Yamato. This thing is massive, sitting at about 3 feet long. Now I gotta find a good place to display it.

pzeke

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2020, 12:38:44 am »
A gift from my mum. I didn't feel like taking a picture, so we'll settle for a snazzy stock photo.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:02:09 pm by pzeke »

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telekill

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2020, 09:56:06 am »
I'm not a collector per se, but I have a nerd shelf with some of my favorites on it. My favorite parts of it are my Uncharted shelf which has my Collector's Editions items, a replica Phurba dagger from the second game and the PS3 versions of the games as well. Also my Ninja Turtles shelf with the SDCC 1990 movie NECA figure set and the 2nd wave Gamestop exclusives of Shredder, the Foot, and Splinter.

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2020, 02:14:41 pm »
I've been very tempted to grab the NECA Movie Leonardo, they are amazing looking figures, but I missed them in the initial Gamestop wave and I'm mostly waiting for them to do a single release again either at Walmart or their store.  I might even do a two pack and just sell the Donatello he comes with.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2020, 02:17:21 pm »
I'm not a collector per se, but I have a nerd shelf with some of my favorites on it. My favorite parts of it are my Uncharted shelf which has my Collector's Editions items, a replica Phurba dagger from the second game and the PS3 versions of the games as well. Also my Ninja Turtles shelf with the SDCC 1990 movie NECA figure set and the 2nd wave Gamestop exclusives of Shredder, the Foot, and Splinter.

I'm not a toy collector myself, but can appreciate some good looking figures when I see them. Those Turtles figures are awesome!

And that dagger is cool, too. Never would have guessed Uncharted, though. It looks like the dagger from The Golden Child (love that movie).

pzeke

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2020, 06:28:24 pm »

Man do I want those NECA TMNT figures! I had a clear chance of getting all four during the initial 1/4 scale NECA release, but had to use the money for something else; and then the same happened when GameStop had the 7" set. I hate the fact I missed my chances with these, but I'm still hopeful I will eventually get either sometime in my lifetime. Gotta keep biding my time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:29:59 pm by pzeke »

telekill

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2020, 11:49:05 am »

Man do I want those NECA TMNT figures! I had a clear chance of getting all four during the initial 1/4 scale NECA release, but had to use the money for something else; and then the same happened when GameStop had the 7" set. I hate the fact I missed my chances with these, but I'm still hopeful I will eventually get either sometime in my lifetime. Gotta keep biding my time.

They just got a third release as two packs exclusively at Walmart:

pzeke

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2020, 04:53:01 pm »
They just got a third release as two packs exclusively at Walmart:

If only it din't have that "nickelodeon" logo... Still, I'm elated to learn about this release, so I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled. Thank you for bringing it up to my attention.

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »
Oof.  I had actually forgotten about those NECA TMNT figures, and I want them something fierce.  The two-packs aren't currently listed on Walmart's website, but I'll keep an eye open for them.