Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests 2.0  (Read 37998 times)

tripredacus

Re: Category/Platform Requests 2.0
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2020, 11:18:28 am »
Small product line. Maybe in a few years when Blaze expands the line, we can think of putting it in its own section. There really isn't any presence for them in the db, most of their products are in Dedicated Consoles.

telly

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2020, 03:47:15 pm »
Request for a Vita [TW] category please :)

EDIT: Also Xbox One [KR] please
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:48:06 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2020, 12:05:25 am »
Small product line. Maybe in a few years when Blaze expands the line, we can think of putting it in its own section. There really isn't any presence for them in the db, most of their products are in Dedicated Consoles.

Around what amount of items might warrant the separate category? Just because I'm kinda stoked over the thing & intend to follow it awhile, I wanna know when it's appropriate to bring up again.

tripredacus

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2020, 10:35:51 am »
No real goalpost for it. If I had to think about it, maybe 250 items, which puts a category at 10 pages.

Remember to not try to use the existing categories as a guide. Many catergories were created just because people have asked and no one did any work on them outside of items they owned. There are many categories that should not have been created without there being the promise of someone to actually work on them.

telly

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2020, 11:59:01 am »
PlayStation Vita [TW]
https://vgcollect.com/browse/vitatw

Xbox One [KR]
https://vgcollect.com/browse/xboxonekr

Thanks, I'll be adding some games this weekend probably
Currently Playing:

septictank

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2020, 07:03:50 pm »
Hey, I don't know if there is a reason for it not being on the site but is it possible that you could add Playstation Network PS4 for Hong Kong?

There's a cool remake of the Japanese cult classic PS1 game, Kowloon's Gate,that actually received an English translation there. Thanks ;D

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2020, 03:30:37 pm »
Looks like we need a Wii U demos category.  It exists for the Wii but not the U.

Here is one example of what is sitting in the retail [NA] category that doesn't really belong

Interactive Demo - December 2014
https://vgcollect.com/item/152947

tripredacus

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2020, 10:38:22 am »
Hey, I don't know if there is a reason for it not being on the site but is it possible that you could add Playstation Network PS4 for Hong Kong?

There's a cool remake of the Japanese cult classic PS1 game, Kowloon's Gate,that actually received an English translation there. Thanks ;D

Not for just one game. You can make the entry in the Japan category and then put [HK] in the title.

tripredacus

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2020, 10:38:55 am »
Looks like we need a Wii U demos category.  It exists for the Wii but not the U.

Here is one example of what is sitting in the retail [NA] category that doesn't really belong

Interactive Demo - December 2014
https://vgcollect.com/item/152947

Again, not for just one game.

dhaabi

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2020, 01:31:57 pm »
I didn't see any discussion in this thread about adding a PlayStation VR category listing to be added, so maybe this could put into consideration. There are a considerable number of titles that aren't just VR-compatible but require VR. I don't think that this is an exhaustive list since it shows only PAL releases, but it seems to show a healthy amount of titles that could be representative of all TLD releases.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:34:54 pm by dhaabi »

telly

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2020, 02:08:17 pm »
I didn't see any discussion in this thread about adding a PlayStation VR category listing to be added, so maybe this could put into consideration. There are a considerable number of titles that aren't just VR-compatible but require VR. I don't think that this is an exhaustive list since it shows only PAL releases, but it seems to show a healthy amount of titles that could be representative of all TLD releases.

I could be wrong about this, but all these games are still PS4 games and require the PS4 to play them. Playstation VR is an accessory to the PS4, not a console itself.
Currently Playing:

dhaabi

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2020, 06:16:56 pm »

I could be wrong about this, but all these games are still PS4 games and require the PS4 to play them. Playstation VR is an accessory to the PS4, not a console itself.

While that is a good point, the database has individual category listings for the Sega CD, Turbografx-CD, etc. already. To me, PlayStation VR is on equal footing with listings like these.

telly

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2020, 07:48:09 pm »

While that is a good point, the database has individual category listings for the Sega CD, Turbografx-CD, etc. already. To me, PlayStation VR is on equal footing with listings like these.

Sure, but that's a change in the media type. An admin can correct me if I'm wrong, but categories in the DB are split by platform, then further differentiated by media type (disc, cartridge, digital, floppy disc, cassette, etc.) All PSVR games are either disc or digital, and all are played on the PS4 console, so another category isn't necessary. They would just go in PS4 disc or digital. It's about the format the data are on.

The only exception to that is the PS1/PS2 classics category, which I asked to have removed/addressed a long time ago (it's still in Jason's to do list to fix it iirc).
Currently Playing:

tripredacus

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2020, 10:29:30 am »
The only exception to that is the PS1/PS2 classics category, which I asked to have removed/addressed a long time ago (it's still in Jason's to do list to fix it iirc).

Agreed, those categories need to go.