Author Topic: Serious Question: Why would anyone buy an XBONE over a PS4?  (Read 30787 times)

telly

Re: Serious Question: Why would anyone buy an XBONE over a PS4?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 09:21:47 am »
I can't wait for Will of the Wisps no matter what system it comes out, tbh :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:16 am »
So...

There are a couple of 360 games I'd like to play that slipped under my radar: Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery. Can they be played on the Xbone?

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2019, 12:23:22 pm »
So...

There are a couple of 360 games I'd like to play that slipped under my radar: Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery. Can they be played on the Xbone?
They can!

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2019, 03:52:25 pm »
So...

Here's a list of everything from the Xbox and 360 that's playable on the One:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

kashell

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 09:06:57 am »
Awesome. And this is with any ol' model of Xbone? They're all capable of BC?

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 05:23:00 pm »

Yes, all are capable of BC!

So, I had my ps4 controller plugged in on my leg the other day...fell off, foot and a half to the ground... damaged the port on the controller that the it uses to charge. Now, it's very difficult to get it to charge. I HATE that there is no battery option for PS4 controllers. Never had this problem with PS3, but both my PS4 controllers have damaged ports. I had to throw the other away because it wouldn't charge at all.

kashell

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2019, 08:06:14 am »
Sweet.

Obviously getting a used 360 is the cheaper option, but I hate buying used consoles.

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2019, 09:37:38 am »

So, I had my ps4 controller plugged in on my leg the other day...fell off, foot and a half to the ground... damaged the port on the controller that the it uses to charge. Now, it's very difficult to get it to charge. I HATE that there is no battery option for PS4 controllers. Never had this problem with PS3, but both my PS4 controllers have damaged ports. I had to throw the other away because it wouldn't charge at all.

I heard rumors that the PS4 are built light weight and cheap like. I don't have proof because I never had A PlayStation 4 but I heard somewhere on the internet that the PS4 is not built vary tough.

My PlayStation 3 was dropped many times like my PS2 both already fell 3 feet from the ground and still works, My PlayStation 2 was also dropped at least 3 feet from the ground onto a thin piece of carpeting onto a cement floor. it still works I am a klutz, and I don't think if I had a PS4 do that it would survive from what I heard about them.

If I would ever buy either of them I would definitely get the XboxOne for it's backwards capability, but I already have a barely used Xbox360 so not today 

(edit) Xbox360 is vary heavy and I would try not to that that ever drop
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:46:01 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2019, 08:26:21 pm »

I heard rumors that the PS4 are built light weight and cheap like. I don't have proof because I never had A PlayStation 4 but I heard somewhere on the internet that the PS4 is not built vary tough.

My PlayStation 3 was dropped many times like my PS2 both already fell 3 feet from the ground and still works, My PlayStation 2 was also dropped at least 3 feet from the ground onto a thin piece of carpeting onto a cement floor. it still works I am a klutz, and I don't think if I had a PS4 do that it would survive from what I heard about them.

If I would ever buy either of them I would definitely get the XboxOne for it's backwards capability, but I already have a barely used Xbox360 so not today 

(edit) Xbox360 is vary heavy and I would try not to that that ever drop

I was just talking about the controller, not the system itself. The PS4 controllers are, IMO, very fragile compared to PS3 or 360 (Ore XB1) controllers/

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2019, 07:56:18 am »
After stopping in a GameStop this weekend I found another decent reason to choose XB1 - games are generally cheaper on the secondary market.  Probably due to the lack of immediate demand.

Flashback2012

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2019, 02:11:12 pm »
After stopping in a GameStop this weekend I found another decent reason to choose XB1 - games are generally cheaper on the secondary market.  Probably due to the lack of immediate demand.

I still have trouble purchasing XBONE titles over their PS4 counterparts. You'd think with prices being $5-10 cheaper than the PS4 versions, I would be cleaning UP but I still hold out.  :P

When it comes to XBONE exclusive titles, I still purchase those if I find them cheap enough. Micro Center had Forza 6 for $10 and I snapped that up. That was the first XBONE game I've bought in months whereas I seem to get PS4 games almost weekly.  :o

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2019, 11:39:14 pm »
Preface.

I own a PS4 and a PS4 Pro as well as a launch model Xbox One and an X1X.

With the exception of Detroit: Become Human (played to completion multiple times) and a few hours of Infamous:Second Son, XB1 has dominated my console gaming time. With Switch coming in at close second.

For me it comes down to:
Xbox One X: best graphics and frame rates.
Backward compatibility: I’ve actually repurchased games I had on PS3 for 360 because of the BC.
4K Blu Ray
Play Anywhere: I have a beefy Windows 10 PC setup. Having games like Quantum Break And Cup Head be Xbox1/Windows 10 cross buy is awesome. Save games even transfer from one platform to the other.
Game Pass: This is what PSNow should be. And at some point it’ll be on every platform.
Games With Gold: after the first month is done, the games for that month are yours. They don’t expire when games with gold does
Unlimited cloud save: why is it PS Plus costs more but gives you less? Less cloud  storage. A temporary license to free games. No previous gen free games anymore. Where exactly is the value?

At the end of the day. I own both. If someone is a serious gamer I’d recommend both.

Best value for MY dollar? I have to say Xbox One all the way.

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 01:35:12 am »

Games With Gold: after the first month is done, the games for that month are yours. They don’t expire when games with gold does
Unlimited cloud save: why is it PS Plus costs more but gives you less? Less cloud  storage. A temporary license to free games. No previous gen free games anymore. Where exactly is the value?

All GWG on the 360/BC are yours to keep, even after gold expires. On XB1 that's not the case. When gold expires, so does your access to the games.

Agreed on the Cloud. I ran out of cloud storage on PSN years ago. It was a driving factor, along with HD storage space, in my primarily buying games on XB1.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 12:01:28 pm »

From
All GWG on the 360/BC are yours to keep, even after gold expires. On XB1 that's not the case. When gold expires, so does your access to the games.

Agreed on the Cloud. I ran out of cloud storage on PSN years ago. It was a driving factor, along with HD storage space, in my primarily buying games on XB1.

Are you sure? I swear my gwg has expired before and I still had all my games but the current month.

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 12:17:31 pm »

From

Are you sure? I swear my gwg has expired before and I still had all my games but the current month.

100%.  It was a huge sticking point when the XB1 launched.  It may still show them in your library or history, but you can’t access them.