Author Topic: Serious Question: Why would anyone buy an XBONE over a PS4?  (Read 30777 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Serious Question: Why would anyone buy an XBONE over a PS4?
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2019, 01:26:20 am »

Games With Gold: after the first month is done, the games for that month are yours. They don’t expire when games with gold does
Unlimited cloud save: why is it PS Plus costs more but gives you less? Less cloud  storage. A temporary license to free games. No previous gen free games anymore. Where exactly is the value?

From
All GWG on the 360/BC are yours to keep, even after gold expires. On XB1 that's not the case. When gold expires, so does your access to the games.

Agreed on the Cloud. I ran out of cloud storage on PSN years ago. It was a driving factor, along with HD storage space, in my primarily buying games on XB1.

Are you sure? I swear my gwg has expired before and I still had all my games but the current month.

100%.  It was a huge sticking point when the XB1 launched.  It may still show them in your library or history, but you can’t access them.

You appear to be correct. When I look at a game I downloaded from GWG for XB1 I’m the store it shows a “buy to own” button.

Damn. Thanks for the correction!

sworddude

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2019, 03:55:34 am »
because they have nostalgia for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzrnw4niuTA&list=PLE247806E68BCF2AC&index=26

the halo series made xbox
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2019, 01:43:12 am »

Believe it or not I haven’t played Halo other than a little bit of multiplayer at my brother in laws request.

You are entirely correct Halo made Xbox in the past. This generation it hasn’t really done much for them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2019, 11:27:37 pm »
I'm kind of thinking at this point, I might just wait and actually spring for a "project scarlet" whenever it releases, since I believe I heard it will be backwards compatible with One.

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2019, 12:39:15 pm »

Believe it or not I haven’t played Halo other than a little bit of multiplayer at my brother in laws request.

You are entirely correct Halo made Xbox in the past. This generation it hasn’t really done much for them.

the Halo Series is really cool in my opinion. I eventually intend on playing all the halo series games, but I don't really think I'll like Halo Wars 1 or 2 even though they were set in the Halo Universe. the 2 Halo Wars games are like Starcraft and I was never good at real time strategy games before.

believe or not the halo series storyline goes with the following then Halo Reach is actually a prequel to the first Halo game Halo Combat Evolved and Halo Wars goes even further back in the Halo game storyline.

1. Halo: Wars
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo: Combat Evolved
4. Halo 2
5. Halo 3: ODST
6. Halo 3
7. Halo 4
8. Halo 5: Guardians
9: Halo Wars: 2
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 02:16:29 am »
I don’t hate halo or anything just never got into its

Gears of War is great couch co-op and my son and I are on the second or third game.

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2019, 12:04:12 am »
Just remembered something that's very much in Xbox's favor over PS4- generosity with in-box codes.

Basically, if you buy a disc game, and there's a download code in the box for some DLC or cosmetics or what-have-you, on the PS4/Switch the code works once & that's it. Buy a used game, get a useless code. Not so on Xbox! The codes are tied to the game, so a code can be used again by a secondhand purchaser. No reason to fear buying used games & missing content- if you've got the code, you're good!

I've never seen any official statements on this, so I suppose in theory I'm wrong and it just so happens every used Xbox One game I've ever bought had an unused code in it... but that seems unlikely to me.

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2019, 07:24:34 pm »
Just remembered something that's very much in Xbox's favor over PS4- generosity with in-box codes.

Basically, if you buy a disc game, and there's a download code in the box for some DLC or cosmetics or what-have-you, on the PS4/Switch the code works once & that's it. Buy a used game, get a useless code. Not so on Xbox! The codes are tied to the game, so a code can be used again by a secondhand purchaser. No reason to fear buying used games & missing content- if you've got the code, you're good!

I've never seen any official statements on this, so I suppose in theory I'm wrong and it just so happens every used Xbox One game I've ever bought had an unused code in it... but that seems unlikely to me.

You just got lucky, as this is absolutely untrue. The codes are tied to your account just like anything else. If it's been used it tells you in yellow letters that the code has already been redeemed. Otherwise, there would either be a universal code, or codes would be eliminated all together.

Edit: If you buy from gamestop, they often sell formally new (but never sold) games as used to clear inventory. Because of this, the codes are always unused, unless someone were to try to redeem one secretly in store.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:51:54 pm by wolff242 »

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2019, 08:46:18 pm »

You just got lucky, as this is absolutely untrue. The codes are tied to your account just like anything else. If it's been used it tells you in yellow letters that the code has already been redeemed. Otherwise, there would either be a universal code, or codes would be eliminated all together.

Edit: If you buy from gamestop, they often sell formally new (but never sold) games as used to clear inventory. Because of this, the codes are always unused, unless someone were to try to redeem one secretly in store.

Really? I mean- I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I've had this happen with about half a dozen games- at least one came from Amazon, and I know they aren't recycled new games from Gamestop becuase a couple have been titles that I was looking for for awhile that were never in-stock at my local store.

How the heck have I never gotten a used code?!

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2019, 11:13:56 am »

Really? I mean- I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I've had this happen with about half a dozen games- at least one came from Amazon, and I know they aren't recycled new games from Gamestop becuase a couple have been titles that I was looking for for awhile that were never in-stock at my local store.

I believe  you  too @hoshichiri but I think you're just lucky also. Maybe the previous person never played the game or didn't know how to redeem the code. I've had sims codes register online that were previously owned games also but that was on PC
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 06:46:04 pm »

I believe  you  too @hoshichiri but I think you're just lucky also. Maybe the previous person never played the game or didn't know how to redeem the code. I've had sims codes register online that were previously owned games also but that was on PC

Yeah, just nice and lucky :) 6 is a pretty small sample size though. Most casual gamers don't bother with codes believe it or not, unless it's for packs in a sports game, or a gold edition (or season pass) etc which costs more. A lot of people don't really care for cosmetics and such- they play the game and sell it. I've received plenty of used 360 games with valid codes, honestly, probably 90%+. I've even received a few used games with still valid online passes. Former rental copies also usually have codes intact.

PC games are different, those codes can be used multiple times. Some codes will have, say, 10 activations applied to them. Console games don't work that way.

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2019, 12:59:55 am »
Here's an easy way to show if a code can be reused or not:

MHDMJ-7WKK7-PQXHF-CYKMJ-QCJMZ
2GVCX-R3QHD-RHK73-PJYCW-2TX7Z

Those are the codes for the Day 1 bonus content for Dragon Ball FigherZ that came with my copy. I've already redeemed them, so it should tell you they are already used.

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2019, 11:54:31 am »
It's a mind-bogglingly odd thing- I mean, I buy primarily used media. 360, PS3, PS4- I think maybe one good code in the lot. But every Xbox One game is fine? Maybe the next time I buy one, I should get a lotto ticket too!

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2019, 05:11:37 am »
I will give Microsoft one thing (two things, backwards compatibility is neat), but this game pass is impressive.  For the PC version that is, they are running it as 1 dollar a month for the first month and then a slashed price of 5 bucks a month for some amount of time I guess, but even then 10 bucks a month for playing games is an incredibly good deal.  And it's brand new games like Gears 5, Bloodstained, and the upcoming The Outer Worlds.  Definitely will keep me busy till November.

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2019, 07:31:49 am »
It's a mind-bogglingly odd thing- I mean, I buy primarily used media. 360, PS3, PS4- I think maybe one good code in the lot. But every Xbox One game is fine? Maybe the next time I buy one, I should get a lotto ticket too!
Maybe this speaks to the comparative popularity of the XB1 to those consoles?

I will give Microsoft one thing (two things, backwards compatibility is neat), but this game pass is impressive.  For the PC version that is, they are running it as 1 dollar a month for the first month and then a slashed price of 5 bucks a month for some amount of time I guess, but even then 10 bucks a month for playing games is an incredibly good deal.  And it's brand new games like Gears 5, Bloodstained, and the upcoming The Outer Worlds.  Definitely will keep me busy till November.

I've always re-upped when the $1 deal is available.  I've played a ton of games using it.  Right now its only for new users, but the $5 deal is available if you get 3 months.  I went ahead and bit the bullet there so I could start getting my Games with Gold again, and then it ends up being like a $15 3-month rental for The Outer Worlds.