Author Topic: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)  (Read 59591 times)

Re: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2021, 09:13:26 pm »
Mare of Easttown - Another good serious crime mini-series from HBO.  Not the best thing they've ever done, but still well worth a watch.

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2021, 11:48:21 pm »
Watched the first episode of Loki and it's great, it's definitely more interesting than Falcon, which was more standard MCU fare, not bad, but it's what you expect out of it, but I love the setup for the story here as it sounds real interesting.  Plus the story involves something I love to see in media, but won't talk about for obvious spoiler reasons right now.

« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2021, 04:08:07 pm »
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, such a great show.

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2021, 07:27:09 am »

Finally got around to the final season (of this storyline) of Castlevania and I had a great time with it, absolutely the best season overall.  The first was short and set the tone.  The second was a big step up and showed how good things could be, the big fight at Dracula's castle showing there was really something real good here.  The third was fine, it had some great moments, it was mostly on par with the second.  And Season 4 just comes in an absolutely kills it.  Real good character interactions and story and the animation at numerous points is top notch, every fight Trevor, Alucard, and Sypha got into was not just well animated, but well choreographed.  The visuals also took a step up just in general.  There are only a few points where the CG backgrounds are a little standout from the animation, but overall very good, the finale was a real treat.

Really glad this series is continuing and hopefully it can keep up this level of quality.

« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2021, 07:40:09 pm »
Season 5 of Lucifer really isn't doing it for me for some reason.  It's fine, but it's felt like it's missing something since it left network TV, which is not something I thought I'd ever say.

« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2021, 09:37:52 pm »
Season two of The Hustler just started. Quite a fun show.

« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2021, 10:34:09 pm »
Season 5 of Lucifer really isn't doing it for me for some reason.  It's fine, but it's felt like it's missing something since it left network TV, which is not something I thought I'd ever say.

Alright, the back half of this batch was way better.

Season 4 of The Handmaid's Tale was much more tightly paced than the last two.  Still some plotting issues in general, but this one had a lot of big changes for the future.

Fargo Season 4 is fine?  Suffered from a major miscasting of the two leads, and had about 8 episodes of plot stretched to 11 actual episodes.

I Think You Should Leave.  A rewatch of Season One made me appreciate it much more this time, but made the first watch through of Season Two feel weaker, although it did still have some killer bits.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 11:38:18 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2021, 09:03:27 pm »

No spoilers, but watched the Loki finale and had a great time with the show.  I definitely would say I liked this one the most of the three shows more because it was beginning to end more enjoyable and the setting is great.  Wandavision was great nostalgia for all the throwback tv show stuff, but the story is kinda slow, and the finale stuff wasn't super great, Falcon and the Winter Soldier was more of a standard show and I liked when we got Captain Falcon, but some of the story stuff was kinda weak.  I don't even have a lot of negatives for the show, other than I wanted to see more time travel/variant nonsense throughout the show, but other than that, it's a good time.

« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2021, 09:31:41 am »
Tig Notaro's One Mississippi on Amazon.  Heartbreaking and hilarious.  The second season veers a bit more towards traditional and / or cringe comedy, but it is really an incredible show, but I also don't blame anyone for not wanting to go forward with more, as it can be tough to watch.

tripredacus

« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2021, 12:16:25 pm »
I started the War of the Worlds TV series which is supposed to be the worst TV show of all time, or at least terrible. It is not terrible but it is not great. I remember watching it as a kid and I can say my original memories of this show are just of barrels. Watching it now I can say that I do not really remember any of it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2021, 12:28:35 pm »
I started the War of the Worlds TV series which is supposed to be the worst TV show of all time, or at least terrible. It is not terrible but it is not great. I remember watching it as a kid and I can say my original memories of this show are just of barrels. Watching it now I can say that I do not really remember any of it.

I barely remember it. Mostly I just remember the aliens looking like humans, but they'd have green glowing blood. I remember I liked it. But I was like 6 or 7 only.

tripredacus

« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2021, 02:43:05 pm »
I totally did not remember that the aliens could turn into humans or the green blood.

I was also watching some X-Files episodes over the weekend that I haven't seen since they were new on TV and I noticed I didn't remember any of those either. So it was like watching something brand new. And those were episodes I do know that I had watched. I had come across this phenomena in the past also, watching some Star Trek TNG episodes, a series where it is unfathomable that I had not seen everything. I guess that useless sports knowledge actually did push out some old unused memories after all.

I barely remember it. Mostly I just remember the aliens looking like humans, but they'd have green glowing blood. I remember I liked it. But I was like 6 or 7 only.

« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2021, 10:54:16 pm »

The new Masters of the Universe: Revelations show dropped and I gave it a watch since I was kinda looking forward to it, I've been sorta vaguely on the outskirts of He-Man stuff for a little bit now, I have some of the WWE MOTU crossover figures and I thought the Skelegod figure was a cool toy from the new show, and I've know of He-Man pop culture wise, but never got deep into it.  I know I wouldn't like the old show, most of those old shows from that era are generally pretty awful, I mean the animation was cheap, stories basic, and were there to sell toys, so if you don't have the DEEP nostalgia for them, which He-Man was before my time, it doesn't hold up.

The new show though is great though.  I have heard some fans being upset with it, I know exactly why, some of it is for good reasons, some of it for very bad reasons, but I think what's here is a solid enough show.  It's got a good story to it, the direction they took made sense to me, and it's got some good serious moments with some well done action to it that has me wanting to see where they take it.  It's also got plenty of cheesy moments which are nods to the original show I would imagine, so it's got a nice mixture where this isn't the hardcore ADULT version of MOTU, but it's certainly not the same kids toy commercial it use to be. I can't compare it to the reboot they did in the early 2000's as I never watched it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:54:06 am by kamikazekeeg »

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2021, 09:46:18 am »
Recently finished watching Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series
Now watching Star Trek: Picard - Season 1

« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2021, 02:41:13 pm »
Started Bosch this week.

Season one was fine, but season two took a huge leap forward.  Great guest stars and pacing.  Generally better in every way than the first.  About halfway through the third right now.