Author Topic: What was the WEIRDEST game you played as a kid?  (Read 9563 times)

Re: What was the WEIRDEST game you played as a kid?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 12:06:30 pm »
im going to have to go with pretty much any mystical ninja game. the n64 one especially. the song about Impact the robot, the creepy fortune teller, or the hula hooping naked body builders during the game over screen, the game had it all man

scott

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »
I wasn't a kid when I played it, but Conkers Bad Fur Day on n64 is pretty full of wtf awesomeness. The great mighty poo, the flower with huge knockers, the entire WW2 sequence and Gregg. The game is easily on my favorites of all time list.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teknophyl

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:40 pm »
It depends on what you mean by weird. Super Mario Bros is about a plumber who runs in a straight line eating mushrooms and flowers and is continually attacked by mushrooms, turtles and fish.

this

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 03:26:22 pm »
Little Nemo was pretty weird.
Maniac Mansion was weird as balls.  Funny, fun, but off-the-wall weird

atariboy

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 11:41:14 pm »
Sneak King was pretty strange, I mean sneak around and surprise them with a burger.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »
There was this game for Nintendo, where the main character was a ninja of some sort. Anyway, the main attack was him whipping his hair at the enemy. His hair was long.

To this day I can't find that game ...
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »

scott

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:25 pm »
Ha! Kabuki Quantum Fighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SopEVWVkGkg

Interesting note: this game shares some enemies with Batman on NES and Ninja Gaiden Shadow on Game Boy.

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 08:55:47 pm »
I love kabuki quantum fighter.

soera

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 09:30:09 pm »
Nothing is more odd than E.T. on the 2600!

htimreimer

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »
for it captain bible

it about futuristic knight that must save a city thats capture in the dome of darkness (its sin just a dome of sin) so you go threw a dungeon crawler like setting and saving people from sin and killing robots with the power of bible verses and brute force also they have green blood and after saving all people from sin you must get out of city with a rocket ship and to start it up the rocket you must complete a bible quiz first

so is that weird enough for you
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:27:18 pm by htimreimer »

blipcs76

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 09:58:35 am »
The first thing that comes to mind is JJ & Jeff on the TG16.  Wow that game was weird.  It was like Adventure Island saturated with weird Japanese humor.  And the US version was tamed down from the Japanese original.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »
I'll just use "very different from most games" as my definition for "weird" here and say that the 1st game that springs to my mind would have to be:

Indigo Prophecy (on the PS2)...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

amauriel

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »
The first thing that comes to mind is JJ & Jeff on the TG16.  Wow that game was weird.  It was like Adventure Island saturated with weird Japanese humor.  And the US version was tamed down from the Japanese original.

Do you happen to remember what they changed or have a site or something that I could look at for differences? I'm doing my draft thesis this summer (basically a research project that they then determine whether or not it's viable as a thesis/dissertation) on the changes made when games are localized and how those differences related to culture. I have a whole list of games for examples but I've never heard of this one. Oh, and if anyone else has anything good like this, let me know.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:22 pm »

Do you happen to remember what they changed or have a site or something that I could look at for differences? I'm doing my draft thesis this summer (basically a research project that they then determine whether or not it's viable as a thesis/dissertation) on the changes made when games are localized and how those differences related to culture. I have a whole list of games for examples but I've never heard of this one. Oh, and if anyone else has anything good like this, let me know.

Don't forget to mention the original Castlevania NES games! Ha